FAST FOOD CHALLENGE

Options
13»

Replies

• nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    I actually love the Japanese Steakhouses. I say fill up on the soup and salad with ginger dressing. They aren't all that bad for you. Maybe order the chicken and try not to eat the pastas. The veggies they grill you should be good although I think they use oil to cook with - can't be certain. Aside from the sodium, I don't think the Japanese food is all that bad - at least what I get. Their miso soup is very yummy!!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    Everyone still doing this? Still holding strong? For those of us who started on the 1st its been TWO WHOLE WEEKS!! My real test will be this Thurs/Fri because it'll be right after payday. We've been tight on the budget lately so having money will test me to see if I can actually stay away. Right now, I have no desire to eat fast food. We'll see.

Congrats on making it this far!
  • nehtaeh
    Options
    How's everyone doing? Anyone still doing this with me?? I hope so!

I've avoided temptation a couple times. I actually have less of a craving for fast food now, which really was a goal of this, along with any weight loss that could come from it.

I did stop at Wendy's yesterday. I was going to get a sub from subway but didn't really feel like spending that much, but already had my mind on a nice large iced tea. McDonald's with their $1 teas is good, but they take forever. Wendy's HAD $.99 soft drinks, but that's apparently over. I still got my unsweetend, ice cold, iced tea. I also ordered a caesar side salad. Not too bad. At least I stayed away from my norm.

So, I've done fairly well at this challenge I think. 22 days is something for me to stay away from fast food. I really do hope that I no longer crave it in the future. Pizza has actually been one of the harder things to stay away from since its so easy to get for dinner and my husband loves it. But I've done good on that one too!