Worst Car You've Ever Owned

Options
The_Enginerd
The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
Mine goes to the 1984 Renault Alliance. 1.4 liter engine pounding out a thundering 64 hp, combined with a 3 speed automatic transmission, led to breathtaking performance. 0-60? Yes, as long as there wasn't the slightest uphill incline. I drove it once for 20 miles on the highway to my parents house where it's slightly uphill the entire way. I buried the throttle the whole way and never reached the 75 mph speed limit. And to think this was the 1983 Motor Trend Car of the Year. Reliability was terrible as well. But at least it was a looker...

1986_Renault_Alliance_For_Sale_Front_resize.jpg

Replies

• Tryxxie2013
    Tryxxie2013 Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Mine wasn't the actual make that was bad because I owned an identical one right before and it was the best. But the second Impala that I got was a complete lemon. Nothing worked properly, couldn't open the trunk, the gas gauge didn't read the levels so I never knew how much gas was in there.

The first month that I had it, the driver-side window slid down into the door. WTH? :noway: I swear, I was so happy when that thing died. ARG!
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    My 2012 Chevy Sonic LT hatch is my best and worst car I've ever owned.

Wait, it's the only car I've ever owned!
  • zrod81
    zrod81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    96 mazda protege. Broke down on me more times than i care to remember!
  • mister_universe
    mister_universe Posts: 6,664 Member
    Options
    1986 Oldsmobile Omega. Mine was silver with a blood red interior. Technically belonged to my parents, but they made me buy it when I wrecked it. It was the fore bearer of the Saturn line, one of the first cars to experiment with fiberglass panels instead of steel.

Being partially fiberglass the paint job on it sucked. It was a different kind of paint job, and it basically didn't respond to waxing at all, so it never looked shiny. You could baby it and it would still look like an old shoe.

1982%252Boldsmobile%252Bomega%252Bside.jpg
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Toss up between my Dodge Neon and 2002 Pontiac Rendezvous. Both lemons.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    My first car was a white 1980 Mustang. It was awful. I have no pics of it. It was a b*tch to put in 5th gear, so it made freeway driving super fun! it always idled high too, even after I had it "fixed". The heater broke in the winter time but not until the temperatures got to freezing. When I had a cd player installed in it all my lights burnt out...headlights, taillights, the little dome light even.

I put more money into it, yes, my own money, than I actually paid for the car. I think my parents worried whenever I would leave in it. I only had it about a year and a half. I was so thankful to get rid of it!!
  • Cali_Chica
    Cali_Chica Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    2dv371h.jpg

1980 something olive green Datsun station wagon with the wood paneling. My parents made all of us drive this little beauty when we turned 16. Had to learn how to change the oil and tires on it too before we were allowed to get behind wheel of a normal car that you didnt have to duck being seen in.
  • zrod81
    zrod81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

Neon! my other worst car that I own!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    The invisible one... I could never find it and so I had to take the bus.
  • ercarroll311
    ercarroll311 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I've only had a 2004 Grand Prix and a 2013 Nissan Altima... love my Altima! The Grand Prix cost me thousands in repairs, only to not make it past 103k miles.
  • jenifr818
    jenifr818 Posts: 805 Member
    Options

Neon! my other worst car that I own!

I loved my Dodge Neon. I miss that car more than words can say

I'd have to say the worst car I've ever owned is my current one, Kia Optima. I can't wait until this thing kicks the bucket. At the rate it's going, won't be long either
  • molonlabe762
    molonlabe762 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    1987 Dodge Omni...BRIGHT blue, and holes in the floor boards.
  • The_Enginerd
    The_Enginerd Posts: 3,982 Member
    Options
    I'll also give honorable mention to my old Firebird I had. 2.8 liter CA emissions V6 with a 2 barrel carb that didn't even make 100 hp. It would have been okay if it wasn't a complete piece of crap though.... way too much money into fixing that thing. Constant overheating problems. I could not run a thermostat in it without it overheating and never did figure out why as it ran plenty cool without one. Running it cold all the time meant it ran like crap, got horrendous mileage, and I didn't have a heater. Fun times for sure...
  • Be_Fit4_Me
    Options
    1972 Ford Pinto!
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    1987 Dodge Omni...BRIGHT blue, and holes in the floor boards.

*snort* My sister had a pale blue Dodge Omni. The lighter would catapult into the back seat. The first time that happened I'm sure we almost wrecked.
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    i dont drive, but my bfs worst car imo was a toss up between a vw polo or an old ford fiesta (he usually goes through a car a year) he crashed his first car on his way to see me lol, his fiesta fell apart literally, his polo well the steering locked on it its engine was hanging out and its shashie was just beyond help. but currently his tiny little nissan micra is AWSOME despite the fact it conked on the way to see my dad before he kicked the bucket lol was out last laugh lol and its exhaust is currently hanging off. but i SOOO Hope he holds onto it i love it to bits lol
  • Behxo
    Behxo Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    2001 Ford Focus
  • Gearjammer71
    Gearjammer71 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    2010 Chevy Traverse.

What ever made me buy that fish head in the first place, escapes me. It was a complete POS though... It was in the shop so much I never really felt like I took delivery of the thing. It was a hunk of monkey *kitten*!
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    My first car. I had a 1981 Dodge Aries...**** brown. Someone had obviously crashed it at one point and tried to repaint it by hand, because you could see paint brush marks on the corner of the hood.

And the BEST part was that there was some kind of glitch with the radio. If you turned the steering wheel right, it came on. If you turned it left, it went off. If we really liked a song, we'd pull into a parking lot and do donuts so we could listen to the whole thing. :laugh:
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    1988 bronco 2........ when it wasnt in the shop, we called it the "roving refrigerator" since the heater in it NEVER worked....

88bronco_zpsf32eef60.jpg