This is why you're THIN!

Options
Inspired by the ridiculous/ disgusting/ hilarious website www.thisiswhyyourefat.com I am presenting "This is why you're THIN".

Post your BEST under 300-cal per serving meal or under 120-cal per serving snack/ appetizer/ dessert for fame, love and glory! Every week we'll name a winner who'll get bragging rights (and maybe a badge to put on their page/signature).

Replies

• summerblunden
    summerblunden Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Pizza

Ragu - Pizza Sauce Homemade Style, 1/4 cup (63g) 30 cal
    Sargento - Shredded Part-Skim Mozzerella Cheese, 1/4 cup 80 cal
    Trader Joe's - Middle Eastern Flatbread, 1 Slice 130 cal
    Dole - Pineapple Chunks In 100% Pineapple Juice - No Sugar Added, 1/2 cup (122g) 70 cal

Per Serving: 310 cal

Prepare, cook 350 for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted.

I know, it is 10 cal over 300, but come on! Do squats while you're making it, viola, 300 calories! And you can add/change toppings. I bet a veggie one would be less than 300 cals. Add some green peppers, mushrooms, olives. BAM!
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My favourite "treat" is granola bars and I got this recipe from a friend for White Chocolate Cranberry Granola Bars. They are super yummy and at about 109 calories per square, not terrible for the diet either. I bring them for potlucks at work and they are always one of the first things to go. I like that the ingredients are all things I have around the house.

1/4 cup sugar
    1/4 cup maple syrup
    1/4 cup honey
    2 Tbsp. reduced fat peanut butter
    1 egg white
    1 Tbsp. fat free evaporated milk
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1 cup whole wheat flour
    1/2 tsp. baking soda
    1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
    1/4 tsp. ground allspice
    2 cups old-fashioned oats
    1 1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
    1/3 cup vanilla or white chips
    1/4 cup dried cranberries
    1/4 cup chopped walnuts

Mix together the first 7 ingredients in a big bowl. In another bowl, combine well the powdered ingredients and add to the first bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.

Press into a 13x9 inch pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350 until golden brown (about 18-20 minutes). Score the surface of the bars - cutting into 24 pieces. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut along score lines.

To make these extra special for the holidays, I'll substitute walnuts for pistachios and add a drizzle of white chocolate over the top - making them red, green & white.
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Pancakes

1/2 cup flour
    1/2 cup oats
    2 tsp baking powder
    1 tbsp sugar
    1/3 cup chocolate chips
    1 egg
    1/2 cup milk
    and Pam or similar for spraying pan

Mix the dry ingredients then add wet ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed and drop by 1/3 cup on pan over medium heat so the chocolate chips don't burn.

This is a good basic healthy recipe, so if you want to get creative, don't hesitate! Instead of chocolate chips or in addition to them, you can always add other items like dried fruit and nuts. Enjoy!

Number of Servings: 5

Calories Per Serving - 220
  • BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Bump!! I dont have any recipes right now but I cant wait to see some of the one ya'll post!! :-)
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    My favourite meal is super simple and the star of the show is balsamic vinegar. Before I leave home in the morning, I'll put my pork chops into a balsamic/olive oil marinade. The marinade has chicken broth, minced lemon zest and capers in it also. This portion of the meal is about 250 calories. I pair it with zucchini and carrots sauteed in a the same marinade (but not the one you used).....If you're willing to go over 300 calories, you can add rice to the dish, but most times, I find that I don't need it

Mmmmmm - you have to like Balsamic for this, but it reduces beautifully, makes a great sauce and gives the pork a beautiful colour....
  • daybyday
    daybyday Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    BUMP!!
  • ❤B☩❤
    ❤B☩❤ Posts: 634
    Options
    BUMP! Keep posting! My mouth is watering already! :bigsmile:
  • RushinBruisette
    RushinBruisette Posts: 2,109 Member
    Options
    Nothing like a sweet treat that's only 25calories!! Edys fruit bars have no added sugar (all natural, only 2g), had NO fat, cholesterol, or sodium, it also doesn't have any protein, it does have 6 carbs, but it also has 20% Vitamin C . They taste great and are my new fave summer-end of summer-I'll probably eat in December just because frozen treat :) Om nom nom!

*I didn't see anything about it being a recipe, but I'm sure I can find one of mine somewhere and post later if needed*
  • ChristieisReady
    ChristieisReady Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    As the moderator, I can't be *in* the competition, but I thought I'd be REALLY nice and share my secret recipe for the best-ever tortilla soup. This serves 4 at 277 cal per large serving. DO use low-sodium broth or you will KILL your sodium for the day!

Liberally spray Pam in a medium-large soup pot

1 chicken breast
    1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
    3 cloves garlic, chopped
    2 fresh jalepeno peppers (remove the seeds and/or reduce to one pepper if you don't like spicy)
    1 tbs lime juice
    1 tbs cumin
    1 dash of celery seed (or 1/4 chopped celery stick)
    3 dashes pepper

Sautee above ingredients in soup pot until chicken is white and cooked through.

Add:
    6 cups low-sodium chicken broth
    2 cups water
    1 can diced tomatoes in juice (or 2.5 cups fresh tomato, diced)
    1 sliced yellow summer squash or zucchini
    1/2 c. corn (1 cob if fresh)
    10 small mushrooms, sliced
    1 cup cilantro (less if you want, but it REALLY makes the soup)

Cook to a boil. Simmer another 5 minutes.

Dice one avocado and set aside. Tear up corn tortillas into bite size pieces and put 1 tortilla in each bowl. LAdle soup on top garnish with 1/4 avocado per bowl. For extra naughty yumminess, sprinkle a little bit of cheese on top (about 1/8 cup). BUT this will take you up about 50 calories.

Enjoy!!!
  • bonnienm
    bonnienm Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jtsmou
    jtsmou Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    That one is mine now heh :D
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    *I didn't see anything about it being a recipe, but I'm sure I can find one of mine somewhere and post later if needed*

Nope, doesn't have to be a recipe.... maybe we'll have 2 awards, one for best recipe, and one for best tip!

But we can't cook for ourselves ALL the time, so a time-saving, calorie-savvy entry is ALWAYS welcome!
  • kcdrake
    kcdrake Posts: 512
    Options
    bump!
  • mizyvee
    mizyvee Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Tuna Salad - 5 oz serving

Starkist - Albacore Tuna (Solid White) In Water - 20 oz
    Generic - Onion Red, 14 grams
    Generic - Yellow Onion (Raw), 1.5 oz
    Farmer's Market - Hand Picked Red Delicious Apples, 0.5 apple
    Kraft Miracle Whip Lite - Miracle Whip Lite, 8.5 tbsp
    Heinz - Sweet Relish, 4 Tbsp
    Mustard - French's Yellow Mustard, 3 tsp
    Eggs - Hard-boiled (whole egg), 2 large
    Pickles - dill, 5 slice
    Spices - Pepper, black, 0.5 tsp
    Generic - White Granulated Sugar, 1 teaspoon
    Spices - Salt, table, 1 tsp

Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sugar Sodium
    Total: 1188 58 44 143 35 6448

Per Serving: 198 10 7 24 6 1075

Eat over whatever lettuce you like for about 10-20 more calories
    OR
    Eat inside a oroweat sandwich thin for 100 calories

Yummy Tuna
  • jenialynn
    jenialynn Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    This website was hilarious!!!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    one word YOPLAIT.....heaven in a small container and only 100-110 calories
  • ChristieisReady
    Options
    I've made the badges that you COULD win for the recipe or quick food suggestion of the week!
  • Chrissun
    Chrissun Posts: 148
    Options
    Bump!
    It's too late to think and contribute...maybe tomorrow.
    I'll be copying a lot of recipes in the morning!
  • fiftyandfit
    fiftyandfit Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Bump (great ideas!!)
  • jaylu
    jaylu Posts: 158
    Options
    asian prawn and pineapple salad

Pineapple Raw, all varieties, 70g
    Beansprouts raw, 40g
    Cucumber Peeled, raw, 50 g
    Tomatoes, ripe, raw, 50 g
    Blue Dragon - Thai Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce, 15 ml
    Cooked and Peeled King Prawns, 100 g
    Spinach Raw, 20 g

mix warm cooked freshly cooked prawns with sweet chilli sauce in the pan to coat, mix all other ingredients together and top with warm prawns.
    it a nice mix of savory prawns and sweet pineapple and its also nice to have the prawns warm although they can be left to cool after they have been coated in the sauce.
    great to make and keep for a work lunch and very filling!

total cals per serving 185