Fitness Tips that are just BS

Options

Replies

• Mcmilligen
    Mcmilligen Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    don't eat after whatever o'clock.

like i'll turn into a fat gremlin

I was told 6pm was the cutoff time. Like anything after that magically turns into fat.

Hah, I guess that means us 9-6'ers are screwed!
  • dauvis
    dauvis Posts: 57
    Options
    Had someone tell me that if I lifted weights while obese, the muscle would form over the fat and I would be flabby.
  • TX_Rhon
    TX_Rhon Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Stop drinking Starbucks - uh, no! :noway: :huh:
    Stop eating carbs! :huh:
    Of course, do not eat after 7, try juicing and detoxing. :grumble:

My fav is........counting calories doesn't really work!!! It's :::insert fad diet::!!
  • stef_monster
    stef_monster Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    "If you lay down after eating you will get fat"

I'm dying over here! I've heard the cutoff time, the eat ( x ) meals per day, and the 'get your protein no more than 30 minutes after you work out' ones.

Let's not forget the, "women who do strength/ resistance training or any kind of lifting will turn into muscle-bound freaks of nature." Also, don't lock or completely straighten your joints at any point during lifting.

Another scary one: 'detox' or 'cleanse'. I automatically think of some poor soul cooped up in the bathroom with a bulk pack of toilet paper and a copy of War and Peace...
  • _runbitchrun
    _runbitchrun Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    You need to work off as much as you eat to lose weight.
    Ex. Eat 1200 calories - work off those 1200 calories. Um no.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You HAVE to eat more than 1200 cals/day.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    That water has magical, weight-loss properties and all kinds of amazing health benefits.
  • midwestmixtape
    midwestmixtape Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    No, fruits are good calories, candy is bad calories. Your body processes the calories in fruit differently. You can eat as much a you want.
  • LizL217
    LizL217 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    "A detoxing cleanse is a great way to kickstart your weight loss"

Basically if anyone uses the words "detox", "cleanse", or "kickstart" I stop listening. And if anyone uses the word "sabotage" I just start singing Beastie Boys in my head.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    don't eat after whatever o'clock.

I was told 6pm was the cutoff time. Like anything after that magically turns into fat.

I've heard this too. Magical times like 6, 7, 8 pm. So funny. I had a boss years ago who was female, 50-something, and about 95 lb soaking wet and she SWORE that she used to be "really chubby" and then stopped eating every day at 3 pm and was skinny ever after. Also, she ate mostly cheeseburgers and Hostess cupcakes/Twinkies (we worked for Wonder Bread).

'k. LOL
  • Mr_Excitement
    Mr_Excitement Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Starvation mode.

first-place-ribbon.jpg
  • sweetchildomine
    sweetchildomine Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Someone told me the other day not to lift anything more than 10 pounds or I'm going to get big. Umm....ok LOL.
  • breeshabebe
    Options
    I was seriously told this a few days ago: You should juice and try to only eat soups (not too chunky though).... Because your body doesn't have to process whole foods it will work to lose more fat. (Forget that you basically told me to eat like maybe 600 calories a day.)
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    gotta eat breakfast to restart that metabolism
  • faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    That water has magical, weight-loss properties and all kinds of amazing health benefits.

THIS!
  • faithfirst
    faithfirst Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I was seriously told this a few days ago: You should juice and try to only eat soups (not too chunky though).... Because your body doesn't have to process whole foods it will work to lose more fat. (Forget that you basically told me to eat like maybe 600 calories a day.)

ummm... and THIS!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Eat lots of salads to lose weight.
    Your blood type matters when you want to lose weight. What?
    Only eat clean and only eat real food.
    Protein makes you fat.
    Best time to exercise is ____.
  • silenceinspace
    silenceinspace Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    "A detoxing cleanse is a great way to kickstart your weight loss"

Basically if anyone uses the words "detox", "cleanse", or "kickstart" I stop listening. And if anyone uses the word "sabotage" I just start singing Beastie Boys in my head.

This is so annoying. It's like people don't consider that drinking 600 calories a day is what's causing the weight loss...not a "detox." STFU

Biggest BS? "Calories are a myth and some people can eat below BMR and not lose weight!" Unless something is wrong, no.
  • heatbreakerr
    Options
    Doing ab crunches/situps everyday will get you abs
    Yeah, it will but they won't show unless you lower your overall body fat.