What book(s) are you currently reading?

Options
Jenni129
Jenni129 Posts: 692 Member
I'm always looking for more good reads.

Currently, I'm reading The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes and The Camel Club by David Baldacci.

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I just reread "French Milk" by Lucy Knisley. It's technically a graphic novel, but it's more like a regular short novel. I loved it even the second time around - she is so talented.

I finished the second Hunger Games Book (Catching Fire) this week and I'm waiting on the third (Mockingjay) so I can FINALLY catch up to everyone I know (i.e., having read all of the books a year ago).
  • calbadger
    calbadger Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Earth Unaware by Orson Scott Card. Read the Ender series long ago, as well as all of the Bean series, Book of Gifts and Ender in Exile. Now on to the prequels.
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I just finished reading 'The Jackal' by Frederick Forsyth. COntinues to be one of my faves :heart:
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Currently I am reading The Heretic's Daughter by Kathleen Kent and The Line by J.D. Horn. I am enjoying both.....
  • charliex2202
    charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
    Options
    Currently reading "Ring of Fire"....by Taylor Lee can't put it down...its erotic lol
  • KayRisTee
    KayRisTee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    Catherine the Great: Portrait of a Woman by Robert K. Massie. I'm really loving it. I have a great love for history of all sorts, but Catherine the Great is one of my favorites. She's one of those people in history (along with Raphael) who seems like they'd be a blast to hang out with. This book surprised me. It's a much more personal and intimate look at her life than I expected. It kind of reminds me of the Sex with the Queen/King books that kind of read more like a very eloquent gossip column. So I guess "juicy" would be the word I would use to describe it. I definitely plan on reading more of his books after this.
  • littlemissy86
    Options
    ive just read 'trouble' by Samantha Towle....fab read :) and now ive just started 'Long time coming' by Edie Claire
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I read and re-read and re-re-re-read The Sevenwaters Trilogy. If you're a fan of fantasy mixed with reality and mythology, its a brilliantly woven piece of fiction.

Daughter of the Forest is the first book.

Also, another book I re-read often is called The Haunting of Maddy Clare, by Simone St. James. Love it!
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Rich Roll's "Findng Ultra" - it's so inspirational.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    White Spider. About the north face of Eiger.
  • zenalasca
    zenalasca Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Indigo Spell by Richelle Mead
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I am in the middle of The Phoenix by Henning Boetius. He is the son of the last living survivor of the Hindenburg crash. He writes a fictional tale of a man who survived the crash and 10 years later goes searching for other survivors to find out what really happened as he believes it was not accidental.
  • DjinnMarie
    DjinnMarie Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Game of thrones.
  • Islandgirl52
    Islandgirl52 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    The Crimson Petal and the White- by Michael Fabre. The story of a nineteen year old prostitute in 1870 's London.

There is also a mini- series based on the book which I'm looking forward to watching after I'm done reading the book.
  • xmysterix
    xmysterix Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    "Boundless" by Cynthia Hand. It's a nice YA read with some decent character development. I can't handle much heavier stuff while I'm studying :)
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting Gideon's Sword by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. It's set on Hart Island and they actually snuck on the island to take pictures, so I'm very intrigued.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Deepak Chopra - The Book Of Secrets ... My life has taken a metaphysical turn ...
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Reading The Complete Guide to Money for me.

Reading the Infernal Devices series and the book of Acts out loud to my Beautiful Wife.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Winning through a Loss. Great book!! ;)