Talk about intensity! Very good read!
  • JONZ64
    JONZ64 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Scaling the Secular City- By J.P. Moreland
  • davert123
    davert123 Posts: 1,568 Member
    Just finished The Gap 5 book series by Stephen Donnaldson
    Back to work now with "total Heart rate Training" by Joe Freil
  • The Passage by Justin Cronin - It is amazing! If slightly spooky!
  • Currently reading "Gone Girl", recently finished "Shine, Shine, Shine".
  • The Goldfinch by Donna Tartt and Broken Harbor by Tana French.
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Magic Rises by Ilona Andrews. Its my 3rd re-read. I also just got through World War Z for the second or third time. Love that one
  • wndrwmn86
    wndrwmn86 Posts: 507 Member
    Reading Son of a Witch right now by Gregory Maguire. It's the second in the four part "Wicked Years" series. Next up on deck is The Count of Monte Cristo though.
  • LordOberon
    LordOberon Posts: 73 Member
    The Passage by Justin Cronin - It is amazing! If slightly spooky!

I completely agree. I just finished The Twelve over Christmas. Can't wait for the final book to come out.
  • aharper84
    aharper84 Posts: 67 Member
    I finished reading "Room" by Emma Donoghue yesterday. I'd put it somewhere in the middle. It's not the best book I've ever read, but it was bad.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Usually new release indie authors. Believed - Brei Betzold releases this week, I believe. I finished it up last week as an ARC. Hopeless - Colleen Hoover is up next.
  • bid1130
    bid1130 Posts: 56 Member
    Currently reading Tuesdays with Morrie
  • moment_to_arise
    moment_to_arise Posts: 207 Member
    read and reread and rereread and rerereread a song of ice and fire. the series game of thrones is based off of. no matter how many times i read that series, it gets better and i notice things that i didn't the last pass[es] through... and also pick up on things the happen later that are foreshadowed WAY earlier than i thought.

george knows how to write a story.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Philip Pullman - The Golden Compass.... and The Girl That Kicked the Hornet's Nest - Stieg Larrson
  • Kimdbro
    Kimdbro Posts: 922 Member
    I just reread "French Milk" by Lucy Knisley. It's technically a graphic novel, but it's more like a regular short novel. I loved it even the second time around - she is so talented.

I finished the second Hunger Games Book (Catching Fire) this week and I'm waiting on the third (Mockingjay) so I can FINALLY catch up to everyone I know (i.e., having read all of the books a year ago).

Same here!! Haha. (Re: Hunger Games books, I am currently reading Mockingjay)

Edit to add: I generally have about 4-6 books on the go. It's all very ADD ... I lose interest in one, or need a break from a heavy read so I switch it up to something light, also I have books on my ipad so I have something to read when out at work or waiting in a Doctors office or something, then I have my real books at home I've started. Currently I'm switching between 'Mockingjay' - Suzanne Collins (book 3 in Hunger games trilogy - Light read) 'The Count of Monte Cristo' - Alexandre Dumas, 'Tesla, Man Out of Time' - Margaret Heney, and 'Into The Abyss: How a Deadly Plane Crash Changed the Lives of a Pilot, a Politician, a Criminal, and A Cop' - Carol Shaben. I have started book 3 of Game of Thrones, but had to take a break.

I just finished reading "These Girls" by Sarah Pekkanen and I quite enjoyed it.
  • Mama06
    Mama06 Posts: 110 Member
    Reading, "London."
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I just started The Ballad of Frankie Silver. It's the true story of a woman hanged for murder in the Mountains of western NC. I think she was the first woman hanged in this region.

I am also reading The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey…I’m total psyched to get a better hold on my personal finances. It’s an easy read and I recommend it to anyone who is tire of always being on a tight budget.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    "The Evil Within, How to Unlock Your True Potential" by Leona Helmsley.