• _errata_
    _errata_ Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    This thing:

51Yz4-n8LsL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    The Crimson Petal and the White- by Michael Fabre. The story of a nineteen year old prostitute in 1870 's London.

There is also a mini- series based on the book which I'm looking forward to watching after I'm done reading the book.

I remember in middleschool my best friend was reading this and thought she was hot stuff (hehe) had totally forgotten though I was told to read it for at least 6 yrs later ... Anyway it's good? I'm reading wolf's you can't go home again & civilizations and it's discontents right now
  • SandySillett
    Options
    I'm always looking for more good reads.

Currently, I'm reading The Shining Girls by Lauren Beukes and The Camel Club by David Baldacci.
    I read the Shining Girls, good book, but find the ending a bit disappointing.
    Currently reading The Story Teller by Jodi Pocucult - very good so far !
  • TheresaC928
    Options
    Reading DR Sleep by Stephen King. Quite a page turner. Also, just got done reading The Shack for the second time in 3 yrs. I always learn something new and it strengthens my faith. I just love reading. :)
  • lucyloutoo
    lucyloutoo Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    The goldfinch Donna tartt
  • HistoricallyThinking
    Options
    Money and Power - Jaques Ellul
  • Sarahmarshwiggle
    Sarahmarshwiggle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Just finished The Green Mile, starting on The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon (for about the 6th time!)
  • therealblackdahlia
    therealblackdahlia Posts: 3,110 Member
    Options
    I'm reading the 'Floating Admiral' a novel written by several famous detective authors including Agatha Christie.
  • Sarahmarshwiggle
    Sarahmarshwiggle Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    The Shining is the one and only book that truly frightened me half to death!
  • welloiledmachine
    welloiledmachine Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Currently, I am reading After Forever Ends for book club this month. Just finished Their Eyes Were Watching God and before that was The Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.

My all time favorite book has to be Unbroken and then Saving CeeCee Honecutt and then The Help. Orphan Train was good. So many to list, but figured this was a good start.

Depends really on what genre you like. I check out goodreads.com often for suggestions and to keep track of what books I've read and want to read.

Wheat Belly was a good book on the health side.

Great question....now I can come back and see what others are reading.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for great reads too!
    I am currently reading my son's school reading book! it is by Judith Kerr and is called When Hitler stole Pink Rabbit!
    Picked it up to tidy it away...and I'm hooked!!
  • SomeNights246
    SomeNights246 Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    I started Mockingjay. Then, I misplaced it. :grumble:

Currently, World War Z and Snow. Just until I find Mockingjay.
  • janatarnhem
    janatarnhem Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

Fabulous read!!
  • Mrs_K_Ldtke
    Options
    The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

I'm also reading The Book Thief, extraordinary narration by "death" so far...
  • Cuna77
    Cuna77 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    "Dark Witch", the first book in the O'Dwyer trilogy by Nora Roberts. I usually can't stand her writing, but I have to admit that's she's got me hooked on this one. The perfect balance of Magic & reality...and it takes place in Ireland, so I'm sold. LOL

Great book. I as well don't read her books but this one was not bad. Can't wait for 2 book.
  • FreshKrisKreash
    FreshKrisKreash Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien :heart:
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I am reading John Dies In The End. It isn't my usual read but I am enjoyong it quite a bit!
  • moylek
    moylek Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm reading the 'Floating Admiral' a novel written by several famous detective authors including Agatha Christie.

It's ... interesting. Not great. But fascinating to see writers like Christie, Sayers, Knox, and Chesterton playing off and against one another.
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am currently reading Jodi Picolts "The Storyteller".. I am almosy finished but really do not want it to end but looking forward to starting another book..