It finally happened...

Options
I got the "Are you having a baby?" Question...

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY DO PEOPLE ASK THAT QUESTION?!?! :devil: :brokenheart: :sad: :huh:

Replies

• gcbma
    gcbma Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    :-(
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I think we sorely underestimate the amount of social morons in the world. I will never understand why anyone thinks it is ever appropriate to ask that question....
  • kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Oh gosh... I know, that's too bad! One time like a group of people offered me to go into the retired line of the bank (pregnant women get to go in that line too). I was so embarrassed that I had no other choice other than going into that line LOL!

But you know what - it doesn't matter! Because we are all working to lose that pregnant-looking belly :bigsmile:

And yes, people should know better and never ask that. It's none of their business anyway!! :explode:
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I USED to get this question quite frequently. You know what shuts them and makes sure that they never ask again, AS WELL AS helps spread word to not ask??

"Nope, just fat" :devil: :laugh: :devil: :laugh: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I say it cheerfully, and with a big *kitten* smile :wink: :wink: :wink:
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Buy awesome high voltage tazer.

Step 2: Taze anyone who asks anything remotely like that or tries to touch your belly.

After 1 or 2 people, you might just buy one of those fake baby bumps just to have the excuse to taze another D-Bag! :smile:
  • emilyc85
    emilyc85 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Step 1: Buy awesome high voltage tazer.

Step 2: Taze anyone who asks anything remotely like that or tries to touch your belly.

After 1 or 2 people, you might just buy one of those fake baby bumps just to have the excuse to taze another D-Bag! :smile:

I like this! My kind of plan!! :devil: :devil: :devil: :devil:
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    IMO we would have a much better and more polite society here in America if every child attending High School was able to balance their own checkbook and was issued a high quality tazer upon graduating.

An armed society is a polite society...
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    I USED to get this question quite frequently. You know what shuts them and makes sure that they never ask again, AS WELL AS helps spread word to not ask??

"Nope, just fat" :devil: :laugh: :devil: :laugh: :devil: :devil: :devil:

I say it cheerfully, and with a big *kitten* smile :wink: :wink: :wink:
    I totally did that once too. :laugh:
  • NRSPAM
    NRSPAM Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    OMG, I used to get asked that all the time!!! Really P'd me off!!!! Look at me now though sucka's!!! Lol. Don't let them get to you girl. Pretty soon they'll be asking you how you lost all that weight, and telling you how fabulous you look. :flowerforyou:
  • fit_healthy92
    Options
    I was in Hong Kong and constantly had locals rubbing my belly haha
    "The big buddha".. Uhm thanks
  • R4eBro
    R4eBro Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I have taught my children never to ask that question....ever ....some people are dumb!
  • songbird513
    Options
    I work at a gas station and some guy bought a lottery ticket and proceeded to promise me that if he won he would put my baby through college (pointing to my stomach.) ....Some peoples' children....
  • lawlorka
    lawlorka Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    As much as this used to upset me, I do miss the guaranteed seat on the train :P
  • DR2501
    DR2501 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    I think we sorely underestimate the amount of social morons in the world. I will never understand why anyone thinks it is ever appropriate to ask that question....

Because reproduction is the meaning of life, its why we're here, so it is (and should be) a happy event. I don't think people are intentionally trying to upset anyone, they're trying to bring up a happy occasion.

Unfortunately, sometimes in this day and age it can cause offense.

OP, sorry you had the question, but at least you're here trying to do something about it - good luck :smile:
  • Cara720
    Options
    I got a good one once... a mum at my daughters nusery asked me that question... i said no im not and she said 'oh... its just because i am expecting so thought you were' - what???? so cos your having a baby you think i am too.. well no love just got baby weight from thye last one!!!

Jeezzzzz!!
  • SimoneBee12
    SimoneBee12 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    IMO we would have a much better and more polite society here in America if every child attending High School was able to balance their own checkbook and was issued a high quality tazer upon graduating.

An armed society is a polite society...

This is going to make me sound like one of those airhead Millennials, but, what graduating teenager has a cheque book? Haha, everyone just BPays, PayPals and Direct Debits. I guarantee half my graduating class wouldn't even know HOW to write a cheque, let alone balance the whole book, something which I can actually do.

However, as someone that works in retail, I believe they should receive a tazer, and have to politely pass through a supermarket checkout before being allowed to graduate, or I, the cashier, gets to taze them with their own tazer, and squash their watermelon!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    When I was in college ( a long time ago) I had girls that worked in the next office that use to whisper that about me. I don't think you should EVER ask someone if they are pregnant.
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Been there before. A co-worker asked me when I got "knocked up." My dad also made comments about me being pregnant. super awkward.

Turns out I just had massive tumors the sizes of footballs and baseballs in there. Two surgeries later, I'm on my way back to a healthy weight. ;)
  • JohnsElan
    Options
    Being that I'm a guy, it is a particulary scathing quantum of douchebaggery when someone asks me that question.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Because reproduction is the meaning of life, its why we're here, so it is (and should be) a happy event. I don't think people are intentionally trying to upset anyone, they're trying to bring up a happy occasion.

Unfortunately, sometimes in this day and age it can cause offense.

OP, sorry you had the question, but at least you're here trying to do something about it - good luck :smile:

This. I'm pretty sure no one did it to hurt your feelings.