Nutella...........Mayday!

Options
2»

Replies

• jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    "There's also a dark chocolate peanut butter called Dark chocolate dreams from Peanut Butter & Co... "

Oh, great. Thanks a lot. Are you people trying to kill me??? :explode:

Just kidding. And sorry to put the idea of this stuff in your heads. I can hear jars coming open all over the world right now...... I should have just kept quiet. Now I've created a monster! Looks like we all need a 12-step program.

"Hi, my name is Lisa, and I'm a Nutellaholic."

Sorry!! http://ilovepeanutbutter.com/index.php/peanutbutter.html They sell it at Kroger and some Super Wal*marts. :laugh: Personally, I just prefer my natural crunchy peanut butter. :wink:
  • Ninachristina
    Ninachristina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    My new favorite breakfast!!! Low cal whole wheat english muffin, 1tbs Nutella and sliced strawberries to top it off.........200cal!! Yummy!!
  • LaSirena29
    Options
    Love it! I like to spread it on Nature's Path organic flax plus waffles, so I can pretend it's a healthy breakfast.
  • kfras
    kfras Posts: 1
    Options
    I thought this Nutella commercial I saw once was hilarious: they try to spin it like "It's great for kids, because you can put it on things like fruit and they will eat it!" Well, yeah they eat it. It's full of sugar and fat and calories. You don't get points for the healthy things you eat it with! The thing is, when I get Nutella, I start out by putting it on fresh fruit, or whole grain bread or whatever. But eventually I drop the pretense and just start eating it straight out of the jar, by the spoonful.

When I lived in Paris I got Nutella crepes regularly, and they were so good I could cry just thinking about it. I had a regular crepe guy who, one day, being a cranky Frenchman, told me, "Tu vas grossir" ("You're going to get fat!") I just stared at him and said, "Do you want me to buy this crepe from you or not?!"

Needless to say, Nutella has no place in my house while I'm trying to lose my final few pounds. But gaaaaawd it's good.
  • Kresent
    Kresent Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I only eat it at a little Belgian Crepe restaurant in Alaska. Giant buckwheat crepe, Strawberries, rhubarb, sometimes other fruit and Nutella. There is also some special ingredients in there. Luckily I have to travel 3000 miles to get one. I could buy a one way ticket and walk back to AZ to burn it off.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I have never tried Nutella and I never will. Right next to it on the shelf, you should be able to find Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co. It's SO yummy. I put it in my smoothies to "sweeten" them. It has no added sugar. Basically, it's a little oil, peanuts and cocoa. Nutella has a ton of added sugar and I think a few other ingredients that deterred me from making the switch.
  • millerll
    millerll Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Oooohh.............I made goal weight yesterday.

That Nutella jar is MINE !!!! :devil:

Just kidding, but it is tempting........:happy:
  • sanura
    sanura Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love it!!!! but once the jar is empty I won't buy it for a few months.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I was in Italy last year, and the hotel had coissants with nutella inside them. Mmmm warm croissants ..
    We have nutella in the house, and I treat myself every now and then.

Toasted multigrain bread, spread one piece with a tbs of nutella and other slice with 1tbs of peanut/almond butter.
  • fitterpam
    fitterpam Posts: 3,086 Member
    Options
    I havne't bought it in forever because I'm addicted to it, but I know I saw this recipe on a cooking show once and although it would be a once in a while kind of thing, it's nice when company is over because it's unique and fairly healthy as far as desserts go (and it's a better topping than icecream).

Melt the Nutella in the microwave and add enough milk to make it into a sauce. Cut up some pineapple into slices and grill them (just until you get those grill marks on them).......Mmmmmmmmm.....If you only take a small amount of the sauce, this dessert is about 150 calories at most.

Great - now i'm going to have to get a jar. Thanks a lot :P
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    This stuff is evil and wonderfully delish!! I find that during my TOM I crave it! So I make little s'mores with gram crackers and fluff... Its only 46 calories for 1/4 of a Graham cracker and amazingly sweet for only having 4 sugars.

2 Graham Crackers
    2tbsp Nutella
    2tbsp Fluff

I spread 1tbsp of fluff on each cracker and then heat the nutella just a bit and drizzle it over the top of my two crackers with fluff
    I put them in the freezer for about an hour (just long enough for the nutella to cool and then cut each cracker into fours. It usually gets me through my TOM sanely and without going over my calories from chocolate!:smile:

Ohhh my goodness, this sounds amazing!! I don't eat marshmallows because I'm a vegetarian.. if only I had this recipe for camping during the summer! YUMMM!!