Dr. Oz

Options
13»

Replies

• Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Wait, you mean a message board full of people that let themselves get grossly overweight know more than Dr. Oz who has exercised and kept himself in shape his entire career? Really?

Could I find a better reference for healthy living from a doctor in Peoria? Shreveport? Kalamazoo?

Next you're all going to tell me that a message board full of divorcées know more about maintaining a good relationship with your spouse than Dr. Phil...

:-)

I can't tell if this is exceptionally well-written sarcasm or not...

":-)" equals sarcasm for me.
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    Wait, you mean a message board full of people that let themselves get grossly overweight know more than Dr. Oz who has exercised and kept himself in shape his entire career? Really?

Could I find a better reference for healthy living from a doctor in Peoria? Shreveport? Kalamazoo?

Next you're all going to tell me that a message board full of divorcées know more about maintaining a good relationship with your spouse than Dr. Phil...

But there's no wink! Is he smiling knowingly at me? I need at least a wink to be sure!
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options

But there's no wink! Is he smiling knowingly at me? I need at least a wink to be sure!

Ha! Yeah pretty much. There's no way that was a serious statement.
  • bethannien
    bethannien Posts: 556 Member
    Options

The difference is that the people here are offering advice for free, out of the goodness of their hearts. Many of them are in incredible shape, many have only ever needed to lose a few pounds. And sure, a lot of them had a lot of weight to lose. And they did so successfully without magic pills and now share that knowledge. I'll trust them before I trust a guy who gets paid big money to tell me what I want to hear.
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options

Ha! Yeah pretty much. There's no way that was a serious statement.

Kudos to all of you that caught the very well intended sarcasm.

Now back to watching reruns of Dr. Phil to see if everything I read in "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus" was true...

This time I will officially wink: ;-) And pop a few green coffee bean extract pills to boot. Double: ;-) ;-)

SST