2200 calories a day

Options

Replies

• nutellabrah
    Options
    Some people have different stomachs.

Its not about liking food..

ohhhh i like food. this and that. No.

Its: how big is your stomach?? Its a real issue.

You think appetite is the default for everyone? think again. Some people have small stomach.

sometimes its easier to drink a gallon of milk than it is to eat a bunch almonds that get stuck in your teeth and peanut butter that gets stuck in your throat.

Ever bite being a chore. Not everyone is a hungry cow and its insensitive to act like I'm some skinny bean pole and be all shocked i can't eat.

Guess what. Im not like you.
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    Most of my days are where I don't feel that 2200 calories are enough.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    QueenBishOTUniverse Posts: 14,121 Member
    Options

You think appetite is the default for everyone? think again. Some people have small stomach.

sometimes its easier to drink a gallon of milk than it is to eat a bunch almonds that get stuck in your teeth and peanut butter that gets stuck in your throat.

Ever bite being a chore. Not everyone is a hungry cow and its insensitive to act like I'm some skinny bean pole and be all shocked i can't eat.

Wow, knickers twisted much? There are plenty of ways to eat 2200 calories with out consuming a large volume of food, several of which had been suggested by other posters. I was talking to the OP, and given that the OP has troll written all over his post in general, I felt no real need to be overly diplomatic with my response.

Also, anatomically, your stomach isn't smaller than mine. The difference in appetite is the result of chemical responses, not having a smaller stomach. And no, I'm not like you, which is exactly why I don't, and will never get or understand having this problem. I do however understand hypocrisy, so thanks for the laugh.
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options

You're pleasant calling people cows.

OP, you're also a dumbazz (as you called another poster)

You aren't going to listen to reason so im not going to try.
    But I bet you're going to end up malnourished
  • Billy323
    Billy323 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Stawp it Rahn!

This seems like a legit thread (minus the part where OP said he was in highschool, nobody in HS has those triceps and a 2011 join date)

I am going to give this a shot when and if I hit a plateau. I will do shakes but will spoon in some Benefiber. I need to find some better tasting whey because my Walgreens stuff isn't very good with water. I will continue to eat stuff like broccoli though since I like it and its filling and it good for you. For now I am losing at a good clip with no protein supplements at all.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Wow, knickers twisted much? There are plenty of ways to eat 2200 calories with out consuming a large volume of food, several of which had been suggested by other posters. I was talking to the OP, and given that the OP has troll written all over his post in general, I felt no real need to be overly diplomatic with my response.

Also, anatomically, your stomach isn't smaller than mine. The difference in appetite is the result of chemical responses, not having a smaller stomach. And no, I'm not like you, which is exactly why I don't, and will never get or understand having this problem. I do however understand hypocrisy, so thanks for the laugh.

If you go back far enough on my fitness tracker diary, you can see there are days where all I did was eat a container of nutella for the day (which packs over 2k calories) but it wasn't easy. I mean you're talking to a guy who has tried every fad diet there is. And I finally realized the best is just lift, eat Nutella, and drink milk + fish oil + multi. Everything else is bs. But the point is it was hard.

furthermore it has been reported in the New York Times amongst other places that studies show that stomachs to shrink in a controlled study so you are 100% wrong about that.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    4 left, seriously can't wait until my 12 week cut is over and I prove all the haters wrong.

What haters?
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

If you go back far enough on my fitness tracker diary, you can see there are days where all I did was eat a container of nutella for the day (which packs over 2k calories) but it wasn't easy. I mean you're talking to a guy who has tried every fad diet there is. And I finally realized the best is just lift, eat Nutella, and drink milk + fish oil + multi. Everything else is bs. But the point is it was hard.

furthermore it has been reported in the New York Times amongst other places that studies show that stomachs to shrink in a controlled study so you are 100% wrong about that.

Um no, people who were already obese and/or regularly over consumed/binged to the point that their stomachs had stretched beyond normal capacity showed a shrinking effect when placed on a calorie restrictive diet, i.e. their stomach returned back to normal capacity. As I am not, nor have I ever been obese, and as I am not a binge eater these studies in no way apply to me, so no, your stomach is still not going to be significantly smaller than mine and can not be blamed for the difference in appetite.

The OP is claiming to be a highschool age male who is probably still growing and is actively working to try to and put on muscle. The average recommended intake for a SEDENTARY male in this age range is 2200. If he is genuinely unable to manage 2200 calories a day then he is:

a. Not eating enough calorie dense food, as has already been suggested
    b. Has a metabolic or digestive issue which needs to be addressed by a doctor
    c. Has an eating disorder which also needs to be addressed by a doctor
  • nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options

WTH? If I only ate Nutella, milk and fish oil that would be intolerable (but then again I actually hate Nutella). What ever happened to eating real food and a variety of it? Adequate nutrition demands variety and any fad diet that only contains 2-3 different types of foods is going to lack that.

Not sure why all the emphasis on stomach size since that's only one factor in hunger and calorie intact. Just ask all those gastric bypass folks who gained the weight back.

Uh, what was the original question?
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Eating is not only about the macros and the cals......

The different micronutrients in a varied diet are important. And 480g protein / day.... probably not healthy longterm. Your liver and kidneys would probably go into overdrive.

If you want more cals in less food, do some research on healthy fat sources....nuts, olive oil, seeds, avocado etc. A hand full of nuts has about 200cals, lots of micronutrients, healthy fats and protein. And certainly tastes better than a protein shake.

I agree!
  • creativerick
    creativerick Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Thanks for adding to this thread!
  • michail71
    michail71 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    4 left, seriously can't wait until my 12 week cut is over and I prove all the haters wrong.

Ah, so you are cutting. How do you do when you go back to a bulk?

Sometimes the high protein diet, moderate fat and low carb diet can kill your appetite. I've been there when doing short PSMF diets. But I've only done those for 2 to 3 week runs.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Um no, people who were already obese and/or regularly over consumed/binged to the point that their stomachs had stretched beyond normal capacity showed a shrinking effect when placed on a calorie restrictive diet, i.e. their stomach returned back to normal capacity. As I am not, nor have I ever been obese, and as I am not a binge eater these studies in no way apply to me, so no, your stomach is still not going to be significantly smaller than mine and can not be blamed for the difference in appetite.

The OP is claiming to be a highschool age male who is probably still growing and is actively working to try to and put on muscle. The average recommended intake for a SEDENTARY male in this age range is 2200. If he is genuinely unable to manage 2200 calories a day then he is:

Im sorry but again, you are completely wrong.

As I have said before, stomach size does change, you said it doesn't.

I showed you research that the stomach does change and now you say that only fat peoples' stomach change.

First of all, do you even comprehend how hard it is to measure such a thing? Do you understand the stomach is such a complicated construct that it would be nearly impossible to measure minor differences anyway? Its not even possible to prove or disprove what we are talking about yet you speak as though its a foregone conclusion or long-disproven myth.

If studies show fat peoples stomach expand then return to normal, the same could be said that my stomach is small by default and I have appetite issues by default. The more I force myself to eat, the easier it becomes to eat, and my belly physically becomes larger and stays that way as long as I keep eating well. If I starve myself for a few weeks I get skinny, lose 20 lbs and I am suffering just trying to eat more than 1 major meal a day.

Also how else would one explain the phenomenon of competitive eaters who deliberately train their internals to intake exponentially more than the average person?

You just read trendy articles and thats it don't you?

Use some logic and sound reasoning and you can see through this. Thank you for your time.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options

I showed you research that the stomach does change and now you say that only fat peoples' stomach change.

Well then the same could be said that my stomach is small by default and I have appetite issues by default. The more I force myself to eat, the easier it becomes to eat, and my belly physically becomes larger and stays that way as long as I keep eating well. If I starve myself for a few weeks I get skinny, lose 20 lbs and I am suffering just trying to eat more than 1 major meal a day.

Also how else would one explain the phenomenon of competitive eaters who train their internals to intake exponentially more than the average person?

Use some logic and sound reasoning and you can see through this. Thank you for your time.

Sure, I taught Functional Morphology at UCLA for 3 years and have a graduate degree in ecology and evolutionary biology, but I don't know squat about primary research...

All your examples are of stomachs stretching past normal capacity and shrinking back down. There is NO primary reserach showing that for a normal individual eating under normal conditions an "unusually" small stomach can contribute to smaller appetite. Smaller appetite is the result of chemical and hormonal influences, not the anatomical size of your stomach.

You keep resorting to personal attacks, I'll keep making logical counterpoints.
  • nutellabrah
    Options

Well then the same could be said that my stomach is small by default and I have appetite issues by default. The more I force myself to eat, the easier it becomes to eat, and my belly physically becomes larger and stays that way as long as I keep eating well. If I starve myself for a few weeks I get skinny, lose 20 lbs and I am suffering just trying to eat more than 1 major meal a day.

Also how else would one explain the phenomenon of competitive eaters who train their internals to intake exponentially more than the average person?

Sure, I taught Functional Morphology at UCLA for 3 years and have a graduate degree in ecology and evolutionary biology, but I don't know squat about primary research...

All your examples are of stomachs stretching past normal capacity and shrinking back down. There is NO primary reserach showing that for a normal individual eating under normal conditions an "unusually" small stomach can contribute to smaller appetite. Smaller appetite is the result of chemical and hormonal influences, not the anatomical size of your stomach.

You keep resorting to personal attacks, I'll keep making logical counterpoints.

And you have no research proving its not both.
  • QueenBishOTUniverse
    Options
    And you have no research proving its not both.

Because proving a negative..... but yea.

Also,
    As a general rule, signals arising in the periphery that influence food intake and energy expenditure can be partitioned into two broad categories (Fig. 1) (1, 2, 3). One comprises the signals generated during meals that cause satiation (i.e. feelings of fullness that contribute to the decision to stop eating) and/or satiety (i.e. prolongation of the interval until hunger or a drive to eat reappears). The prototypical satiation signal is the duodenal peptide cholecystokinin (CCK), which is secreted in response to dietary lipid or protein and which activates receptors on local sensory nerves in the duodenum, sending a message to the brain via the vagus nerve that contributes to satiation. The second category includes hormones such as insulin and leptin that are secreted in proportion to the amount of fat in the body.

Here's the link to the full publication:
    http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jc.2008-1630

TLDR: Feelings of being full at the end of the meal are controlled by specific chemicals released from the digestive system that signal the brain to stop. It's called a negative feedback loop and its the basic system of control for maintaining homestasis in the body.

Finally the ability of the stomach to expand capacity due to increased appetite =/= an expanded stomach capacity CAUSES increased appetite.
  • steveramz
    Options
    So I'm trying to hit 2200 calories a day. But I'm getting tired of eating so much, I would rather just quickly chug a meal. Can I just drink 16 protein shakes? According to my calculations that would be about 2200. It would be 16 fat/ 48 carbs/ 480 protein. Would all that protein get me super ripped. (Which is my goal) How healthy is this? Advice? Thx

I feel you man. I'm eating 4,230 calories a day right now and it's hard. Non fat greek yogurt is pretty high in protein. It's easier for me to eat than chicken since you don't have to chew. I usually put a spoon in my mouth, and then drink some water to break it up and swallow easier.