Needing a Christian Buddy!

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Everyone chill out, let the god people stay in their little clubs and leave them be!!!

That would be too easy and mature...
  • Mother_Superior
    Mother_Superior Posts: 1,624 Member
    Options
    There are lots of supportive people who have done well and are good people around here. Guess what? Most of us don't care one iota what religion someone is. Kind of narrow-minded.

Nothing to do with narrow-mindedness. But some relate more to others who are of the same religion. If I needed prayer I wouldn't ask an Atheist to pray for me. I would ask a fellow Christian friend.

That's because atheists don't believe in God. Jews do though. So do lots of other religions.

Let the woman seek out people with whom she's comfortable and let it go.

Seriously...
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    There are lots of supportive people who have done well and are good people around here. Guess what? Most of us don't care one iota what religion someone is. Kind of narrow-minded.

Nothing to do with narrow-mindedness. But some relate more to others who are of the same religion. If I needed prayer I wouldn't ask an Atheist to pray for me. I would ask a fellow Christian friend.

Atheists need love too!

I :heart: an atheist!

I love everyone! But when in need of prayer, I turn to my Christian faithed friends.

Jesus was a Jew. Does he not get to pray for you??
    If this post didn't pertain to you or you are not Christian. Why come in and attack her and others for the friends they seek? Let it go. Let her befriend whom she pleases.

I'm allowed to react however I like, just as you are. There are private groups for certain religions. If she wants to exclude people because they aren't the same as her, she may want to have her little white bread party there.

I will pray for you.

No thanks. I only want people who are like me praying for me. Isn't that what we're learning in this thread?
  • abickford82
    Options
    Wow. Didn't think people would act like this over asking for friends. Feel free to add me. I've lost a lot of weight, have a little more to lose, and I've been saved for almost 2 years now.
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    Then why are you in this thread?

I hope the intention is obvious. It's a shame.

Rather than respond in kind, just click the "Report Post" link in their comment boxes and inform a moderator of the behavior.

:-)
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    Then why are you in this thread?

I hope the intention is obvious. It's a shame.

Rather than respond in kind, just click the "Report Post" link in their comment boxes and inform a moderator of the behavior.

:-)

True. Like the one the OP posted that violated forum guidelines.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

Atheists need love too!

I love everyone! But when in need of prayer, I turn to my Christian faithed friends.

If this post didn't pertain to you or you are not Christian. Why come in and attack her and others for the friends they seek? Let it go. Let her befriend whom she pleases.

I'm allowed to react however I like, just as you are. There are private groups for certain religions. If she wants to exclude people because they aren't the same as her, she may want to have her little white bread party there.

as an anti religion atheist i gotta say you are pretty annoying.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Some people have nothing better to do then stir the pot.
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

Also as a anti-religion atheist, I have to say I see no problem with OP asking for christian friends!
  • delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
    True. Like the one the OP posted that violated forum guidelines.

Rather than being insulting and trying to provoke a fight, you should follow the same advice and simply report the OP if you like. That's the mechanism here for addressing violations of community guidelines. Not this behavior.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    ANYWAY, to the topic starter: Hi, nice to meet you! I'm also Christian, feel free to add me! I'm very supportive and always up for a chat. :flowerforyou:
  • jennij421
    Options
    Welcome!!! Please feel free to add me!!
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Also as a anti-religion atheist, I have to say I see no problem with OP asking for christian friends!

Just as there are Christians that give Christians a bad name, the same thing goes for every other belief system. It's unfortunate and inevitable.
  • Fitnin6280
    Fitnin6280 Posts: 618 Member
    Options

If everyone had that same attitude we would all be much happier. I may not agree with your views, but I totally respect you and your rights to those views!

Thanks! :smile:
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options

Just as there are Christians that give Christians a bad name, the same thing goes for every other belief system. It's unfortunate and inevitable.

very true
  • Escloflowne
    Escloflowne Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options

very true

Humans suck, we have history to prove this lol
  • jannalovescoffee
    jannalovescoffee Posts: 118 Member
    Options

I heard Jesus was into whole grains. Jus sayin.

HA! Love it! :laugh:

Also, would love a few more Christians friends on here...I think we might have a little bit of an advantage on this journey. :wink:
  • _JPunky
    _JPunky Posts: 508 Member
    Options

Atheists need love too!

I heard Jesus was into whole grains. Jus sayin.

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    MFP forums/friends, people who give encouraging words in hopes that their support will give someone the help and motivation to succeed. Now if one isn't a "Christian", then show support by merely saying "Welcome", or if that makes you uneasy since you don't share their beliefs, simply skip over the thread. By not, entering the thread and being negative, you have done your part by making the forums less hostile and rude. Do the right thing.
This discussion has been closed.