Needing a Christian Buddy!

Options

Replies

• Janiemomof7
    Janiemomof7 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I need some extra support! Feel free to add me :)
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Some people have nothing better to do then stir the pot.

That's what I am beginning to see on these threads... it's the same people time after time. Apparently they have nothing else better to do. I wish I had that kind of free time...

I'm always looking for friends that are serious about logging and working out. Christian is always nice; because I am saved and I believe it's good to surround yourself with people that believe the same things you do... but I also believe that everyone is a sinner and everyone falls short ... that's why we need God... feel free to believe what you want; because in the end... we are only accountable for ourselves... whether it be religion or weight loss...
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with someone wanting Christian friends.

No, there isn't, but I have to wonder what the response would be if I said "Hey, I need some Atheist friends". Would it be as accepting? Would I find anyone? Or would people start berating me with bible verses?

Not trying to be rude or anything. I legit found myself wondering that.
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options
    When MFP reads the word, "Christian" in the forums:

panic_zps390538e8.gif

Oh and I'm a Christian with a whole mixture of people on my friend list of varying beliefs/non-beliefs. Add me if you'd like, but I warn I do have a twisted and sick sense of humor.
  • AllieBear88
    AllieBear88 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Although, I have to say that I am glad OP has found some like minded friends from this! :D Yay!
  • JessicaDarlingg
    Options
    I'm a Christian as well and could always use more support from the fitness community as well as having more friends on here to help also! Add me if you'd like :)
  • SofaKingRad_II
    Options

No, there isn't, but I have to wonder what the response would be if I said "Hey, I need some Atheist friends". Would it be as accepting? Would I find anyone? Or would people start berating me with bible verses?

Truthfully, you'd probably get quite a few without much of a fuss.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options

Post it. Find out.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

I would have said the same thing as I am not Christian, but if you did ask for Atheist friends and others tried to push their beliefs on you, then they would be in the wrong.
  • tworthen79
    tworthen79 Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

I can only answer for myself. I would skip over the thread. I wouldn't enter it, just to shove my beliefs down your throat. I'm not that kind of Christian. I believe we all are entitled to our own beliefs. Who am I to judge? I also, have many friends with different backgrounds. I support them all. But like I said before, if I needed prayer I would call on someone or message someone whom I knew would pray for me.
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    There are lots of supportive people who have done well and are good people around here. Guess what? Most of us don't care one iota what religion someone is. Kind of narrow-minded.

Nothing to do with narrow-mindedness. But some relate more to others who are of the same religion. If I needed prayer I wouldn't ask an Atheist to pray for me. I would ask a fellow Christian friend.

That's because atheists don't believe in God. Jews do though. So do lots of other religions.

Let the woman seek out people with whom she's comfortable and let it go.

It looks delicious from here. Now I think I need a buddy to bring me to call out to God.
  • MinMin97
    MinMin97 Posts: 2,676 Member
    Options
    Love it! Add me:)
  • wanna_b_there
    wanna_b_there Posts: 295 Member
    Options

I can only answer for myself. I would skip over the thread. I wouldn't enter it, just to shove my beliefs down your throat. I'm not that kind of Christian. I believe we all are entitled to our own beliefs. Who am I to judge? I also, have many friends with different backgrounds. I support them all. But like I said before, if I needed prayer I would call on someone or message someone whom I knew would pray for me.

delish_coc looks like he would enter it.
  • tripledipped13
    tripledipped13 Posts: 78 Member
    Options

Personally I can only speak for myself, as a Christian if I seen this post in the forum I wouldn't have clicked on it in the first place, much less hit you with a bunch of Bible verses. I know there are many "hard core" believers who would have done just that though. Like I have read in this post, in whatever religion, non-relgion, group of any kind there are those who make that group look bad. As a Christian I believe God created everyone and no one is better than anyone else, we all sin, we all make mistakes, it is not my job to judge anyone, it is my job to love everyone. I hope everyone here has a blessed day :)
  • tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I'm slightly agnostic but working on it. Count me amongst the struggling Christians. I'm a work in progress on many levels.
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    There are lots of supportive people who have done well and are good people around here. Guess what? Most of us don't care one iota what religion someone is. Kind of narrow-minded.

Nothing to do with narrow-mindedness. But some relate more to others who are of the same religion. If I needed prayer I wouldn't ask an Atheist to pray for me. I would ask a fellow Christian friend.

That's because atheists don't believe in God. Jews do though. So do lots of other religions.

Let the woman seek out people with whom she's comfortable and let it go.

This.

No one has to agree with OPs beliefs, but justifying obnoxious behavior by predicting what would happen in a similar thread is just silly. Nastiness is nastiness, and it's unnecessary.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Based on what I have seen in previous threads, yes to all of the above questions.

• ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

Atheists need love too!

I :heart: an atheist!

Another atheist in the house!

*high five*
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    I'm just here for love!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options
    What if I only wanted friends of a certain race? Based on what y'all are saying, there's nothing wrong with that either. I can't stand the homogeneous outlook of some people who ONLY want people like them. Diversity is a good thing folks. Embrace it!! Who knows, you might learn something.
This discussion has been closed.