To those who are struggling or getting discouraged.

Options
wheird
wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
You are awesome. Seriously.

I know how tough it can be sometimes to say "screw it" when you had a bad day or gave into a craving and binged. It is easy to just say, "Screw it, this weekend I am eating whatever I want." But it isn't always easy to get back on track.

It is also easy to feel upset when the scale number isn't going down as we had hoped. Unfortunately it takes time. And if it isn't going down for a few weeks, then maybe it is time to reevaluate and adjust.

We all struggle and get discouraged sometimes, but if you are reading this then you are still here and you are still fighting.

And I admire that.

Replies

• JenJBS
    JenJBS Posts: 83
    Options
    Thank you so much. I really needed this today.
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Hear hear, well said!
    Say no to Krispy Kreme :P
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Great post. :flowerforyou:
  • JamieBeth19
    JamieBeth19 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the support :) I have stayed true to my healthy eating and have not binged, I've been eating better since the beginning of December. I have been stuck at the same weight for a while now, which is discouraging. I appreciate your niceness!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I've never been more dedicated to counting calories in my life than I am right now. I'm proud of myself. I've been treating it too much like a diet and I am unexpectedly making lifestyle changes. I am not discouraged as far as eating healthy, logging every day, and changing little habits one at a time.

I'm discouraged that I can't exercise more or with as much intensity as others. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome type III and I'm always in a lot of pain and at a risk of subluxations (partial dislocations in my joints) or even full dislocations. If I'm not running to appointments and my part-time job, I'm sitting in bed. Like now. I'm going to pick up my fiance in a few minutes and I was moving all day up until this point and it made my pain level go up. I wanted to go to the gym. Driving to get my fiance is going to be too much. Working out? I don't even have approved machines or exercises, and I'm in PT. They give me little at home exercises. I usually go to the pool, but it's closed for another week and even that is hard on me. It's also uncomfortable being around thin swimmers when I'm bigger.

Thank you for starting this discussion. It's so uplifting.
  • SunofaBeach14
    SunofaBeach14 Posts: 4,899 Member
    Options
    Very well said, bro.

Be patient and nice to you.
  • daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I needed to hear this today. Thank you!
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    Well said!
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you are magic for writing this within the hour I needed it, or I am magic for clicking on it during the hour I needed it, but I suspect you're the magic one. Thanks.
  • wheird
    Options
    I've never been more dedicated to counting calories in my life than I am right now. I'm proud of myself. I've been treating it too much like a diet and I am unexpectedly making lifestyle changes. I am not discouraged as far as eating healthy, logging every day, and changing little habits one at a time.

I'm discouraged that I can't exercise more or with as much intensity as others. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome type III and I'm always in a lot of pain and at a risk of subluxations (partial dislocations in my joints) or even full dislocations. If I'm not running to appointments and my part-time job, I'm sitting in bed. Like now. I'm going to pick up my fiance in a few minutes and I was moving all day up until this point and it made my pain level go up. I wanted to go to the gym. Driving to get my fiance is going to be too much. Working out? I don't even have approved machines or exercises, and I'm in PT. They give me little at home exercises. I usually go to the pool, but it's closed for another week and even that is hard on me. It's also uncomfortable being around thin swimmers when I'm bigger.

Thank you for starting this discussion. It's so uplifting.

Each of us have our own limitations, but I am glad that you are trying to work within yours, which are more narrow than many others. Do not worry about how intense someone else is able to work out. It isn't a competition. Just strive to be a bit better version of yourself than you were yesterday.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    I've fallen off the wagon and gotten back on about a bazillion times now. It never is easy to do, but I never regret it either.

Great post!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I needed that too!!! I am struggling once again....but mostly focused. I WILL get back on track!!!
  • wheird
    Options
    I don't know if you are magic for writing this within the hour I needed it, or I am magic for clicking on it during the hour I needed it, but I suspect you're the magic one. Thanks.

*spirit fingers*
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    Sometimes strength is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try again tomorrow."
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options

*spirit fingers*
    [/quote

I think you should do spirit fingers more often.

And also, great post :drinker:
  • wheird
    Options
    *more spirit fingers*
  • Will_Thrust_For_Candy
    Will_Thrust_For_Candy Posts: 6,109 Member
    Options
    *more spirit fingers*

*claps and giggles*
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    Well put! Thanks for the motivation and for the reminder to keep going!

You do spirit fingers, I'll do jazz hands!