To those who are struggling or getting discouraged.

Options

Replies

• pinkpumpedupkickz
    pinkpumpedupkickz Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Sometimes strength is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try again tomorrow."

This. So needed this.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Goal179
    Goal179 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much. I really needed to read that. Just having a tough time getting back on track.
  • amy32lynn
    amy32lynn Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    your nice , I like you!!!!!!! :)
  • queenbekks
    queenbekks Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    definitely needed to read this today! Thank you! :)
  • Commander_Keen
    Commander_Keen Posts: 1,179 Member
    Options
    You are awesome. Seriously.

I know how tough it can be sometimes to say "screw it" when you had a bad day or gave into a craving and binged. It is easy to just say, "Screw it, this weekend I am eating whatever I want." But it isn't always easy to get back on track.

It is also easy to feel upset when the scale number isn't going down as we had hoped. Unfortunately it takes time. And if it isn't going down for a few weeks, then maybe it is time to reevaluate and adjust.

We all struggle and get discouraged sometimes, but if you are reading this then you are still here and you are still fighting.

And I admire that.

How am I supposed to adjust. How am I supposed to wrkout for 60 when only you have 10min.
    How do u adjust when u are surrounded by lies
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Great reminder post:flowerforyou: ...especially for those who have a lot to lose and the scale is not moving as fast as we think it should, compared to how little we seem to be eating.

One day, one pound, one step at a time & make small goals..you are worth it and it does work. Hang in there everyone :drinker:
  • _db_
    _db_ Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Say no to Krispy Kreme :P

PNEHWWwm.jpg

bdQQFJrm.jpg
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Sometimes strength is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try again tomorrow."

This
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I love this post!! Thanks for sharing it!! :flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou: :heart:

And also, I agree with this so much. One day at a time:

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    I've never been more dedicated to counting calories in my life than I am right now. I'm proud of myself. I've been treating it too much like a diet and I am unexpectedly making lifestyle changes. I am not discouraged as far as eating healthy, logging every day, and changing little habits one at a time.

I'm discouraged that I can't exercise more or with as much intensity as others. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder called Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome type III and I'm always in a lot of pain and at a risk of subluxations (partial dislocations in my joints) or even full dislocations. If I'm not running to appointments and my part-time job, I'm sitting in bed. Like now. I'm going to pick up my fiance in a few minutes and I was moving all day up until this point and it made my pain level go up. I wanted to go to the gym. Driving to get my fiance is going to be too much. Working out? I don't even have approved machines or exercises, and I'm in PT. They give me little at home exercises. I usually go to the pool, but it's closed for another week and even that is hard on me. It's also uncomfortable being around thin swimmers when I'm bigger.

Thank you for starting this discussion. It's so uplifting.

I know these feels. When I got here I had severe chronic pain and walked with a cane. I'd just quit my job, which I loved, because of bone-crushing fatigue. I felt like I'd had to drop out of my life. It was rough. But it got better. I did no exercise at all for the first part of my weight loss. Now I lift weights and run but I make slower progress than others.

Hang in there and give yourself permission to go as slow as you need. I get so down sometimes about the limitations, but that just makes my victories that much sweeter. You can do this, and you're going to. :flowerforyou:
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

This is one of my favorite quotes. I used to have it on my classroom bulletin board, for rough days.
  • eml298
    eml298 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    OP, this is a marvelous and amazingly thoughtful post. Thank you for being you. :flowerforyou:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    :heart: :heart:

Thank you.

I needed this

:heart: :heart:
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I know how tough it can be sometimes to say "screw it" when you had a bad day or gave into a craving and binged. It is easy to just say, "Screw it, this weekend I am eating whatever I want." But it isn't always easy to get back on track.

It is also easy to feel upset when the scale number isn't going down as we had hoped. Unfortunately it takes time. And if it isn't going down for a few weeks, then maybe it is time to reevaluate and adjust.

We all struggle and get discouraged sometimes, but if you are reading this then you are still here and you are still fighting.

And I admire that.

How am I supposed to adjust. How am I supposed to wrkout for 60 when only you have 10min.

Sometimes just making small changes can start you off. I don't have 60 minutes a day every day. But I can find ten at work to walk stairs. Or 5 to park further from the store entrance. Walking somewhere you would have driven.

Little things like that.

You don't have to reach a finish line tomorrow. Just be a step closer than yesterday. Or last week.

It is within your grasp
  • wheird
    wheird Posts: 7,963 Member
    Options

And I admire that.

You cam reeavaluate your diet. Adjust your calorie goal. Begin weighing your food on a food scale for greater accuracy, etc.

10 minutes is fine if that is all you have. Do HIIT.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Nice timing. :happy:
  • chiccam
    chiccam Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Thanks for that!

The little differences go a long way. Sometimes I get discouraged when I have no time at all to exercise, but I always try to do push-ups or wall squats in what little time I have.

I think too many people quit too soon for lack of results. It takes time! Stay positive and keep logging your food and exercise. You will start to see a trend.
  • ihad
    ihad Posts: 7,463 Member
    Options
    Excellent post.