5'8'' ladies, what is your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.5". My initial goal weight was 152. I hit that goal in December of 2011. However, when I got there, I still wasn't happy. A few months later, I got to 135 and have stayed there the past couple years. It's a good weight for me. I look good and feel good.
  • Arnegard
    Arnegard Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9". My goal is to be 155 by May when I run my 4th half marathon. At that point, I want to maintain my weight however I will transition from doing high cardio workouts to more lifting to see if I can contour my body that way.

I still had a belly at 150 when I got married (3 kids ago), so I would like to try to lose the belly fat through lifting if that is possible.
  • shainabotwin
    shainabotwin Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've only been on MFP for about a month and a half, so I'm pretty new to this. But all of your goals are muchhhh lower than mine. I'm 5'7 or 5'8, 18 years old. I was at 160ish when I was about 13, and it was a little chubby. But, now I'm older, and probably a bit taller, so I set my goal for 160. I guess we will see if it should be any lower when I get to that point! I've got quite a bit to go.
  • Aes37850
    Options
    I'm 5'7 and my goal right now is to get to 145. And depending on how I look then, I might lose some more. When I get closer to my goal I'll focus on my fat% more than my weight. But I think most people do that when they hit goal or are close to it.
  • Sashoi
    Sashoi Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 3/4 my goal is 170. I just don't look right skinny so I doubt I will get that low.will re- evaluate when I get to 190
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and at goal of 140
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" with a small frame. My goal is 130 lbs :)
  • breahremington
    Options
    i'm about 5'7", and tentatively hoping for around 140. however, when i lost weight a few years ago i got to 148 and was pretty happy with that, so when i get to 150ish i may re-evaluate and decide that 150 is fine and work on toning! about 180 now.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'8" - I've been between 142 and 147 for years now and I would really like to drop that last 10 pounds and see what 135 looks like on me.
  • toniphilly
    Options
    I agree with the other post, it depends on your frame, my goal is 173-180 I had that weight before and it looked good. I am 5'8 too.
  • khoshgeleh16
    khoshgeleh16 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal weight is around 180-185. I have a very large frame (and a large chest!), so anything under about 160 is basically skeletal and I'd rather not push myself to something that's going to be impossible just based on what the BMI chart recommends. (Plus, when I was a 2-sport varsity athlete in high school, I weighed between 170-175 and had abs, quads, and glutes of steel. Can't have been *that* unhealthy!)
  • mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    My long term goal is 155 pounds, but I am taking the long road, hoping to be there in 12-18 months
  • laursoar
    laursoar Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It's pretty hard for me to say since I haven't had a period of time where I wasn't overweight as an adult. Currently, I'm thinking it'll b anywhere between 150-160 lbs though and then plan to work on toning. I'll probably re-evaluate in either direction when I get closer to goal.
  • pinkshoelaces
    pinkshoelaces Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 1/2" and my MFP goal is 145 lbs. I want to get there and see how I look and feel and adjust from there, but I think ultimately I want to try for 129. Like I said, though, it all depends when I get to my first goal of 145, for all I know I could be fine there.
  • wiscck
    wiscck Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal right now is 160. I was around 150 in high school and was pretty bony, though I realize now that I'm older things will probably look different. I'll see how I look and feel when I get down there.
  • pieberry
    Options
    I was 142lbs when I got married 21 years ago, and I looked great, but couldn't maintain that weight. I am going to try for 150, but at this point I'll settle for 160. I'd like to fit into a size 10 comfortably with nothing jiggling.
  • 302cupcake
    Options
    5'8" and holding at 138 pounds. My initial goal was 170 because I didn't think I could get any lower, but I kept losing. I was a size 26 and 302 pounds in early 2012 when I started and now I wear mostly 4's .
  • 1BrowneyedGirl
    1BrowneyedGirl Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8 as well I was at 198 when I started, my mini goal was 170 but my main goal is 150. I'm med-large frame with a big chest and I've been at 150 before and know it works for me but I may even try to lose down to 140 at most, but it all comes down to how I feel and as long as I'm taking good care of my health to make me feel good cause everybody is different and ya got to just listen to your body. Even at 170 I can tell from little health signs or signals my body shows that I still need to lose more. Good luck and hope this helps. If it helps look at a BMI chart/calculator, there's some online that tell you a range of healthy weights for your age, height and sex.

Here's a good one.

http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus
  • ktstacy
    ktstacy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and my goal was 135, but at 138 I feel pretty good. Now I just need to start strength training and change what fat is left in to muscle which I know might make the scale go up.
  • amyg007
    amyg007 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I've only been on MFP for about a month and a half, so I'm pretty new to this. But all of your goals are muchhhh lower than mine. I'm 5'7 or 5'8, 18 years old. I was at 160ish when I was about 13, and it was a little chubby. But, now I'm older, and probably a bit taller, so I set my goal for 160. I guess we will see if it should be any lower when I get to that point! I've got quite a bit to go.
    I'm also aiming for 160. I once was at this weight and felt good and didn't look skeletal. It all depends on your frame I think.