200+ lbs to lose: The fight of my life!

Options

Replies

• Texastreat
    Options
    I hear you about being in the fight for your life. I feel that way too. Long story short - I have always tried to do things alone and I'm failing miserably at this now. In the past 6 months I have gained 45 lbs and still going up. I need to find a method that will work for me and I need accountability and to develop friendships to help me. Please add me to your list - anyone please. Thank you. Tee
  • Bama56
    Bama56 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    good luck to you! there is a whole community of people here that are behind you on your journey. you have already made one of the hardest steps, setting your mind to achieve a goal will take you a long way. feel free to add me and id be glad to help in any way possible.
  • Kashthusian
    Options
    dont worry u got this! it may seem hard, but that's the good thing about it!
    If you can get through this, you can get through anything!

When times are hard, think how far u've reach! when food temptations are high
    just think about how is that benefiting you to becoming a stronger version of
    yourself!
  • Dymondmariexo
    Options
    I have 50 to 60 pounds to lose, nooo friends on myfitnesspal... Please add meeee: Dymondmarie
  • kschlap
    kschlap Posts: 15
    Options
    Remember, losing weight begins in the kitchen. You don't always have time to exercise, but you do always have time to eat right. Making a tuna, etc salad takes less time than ordering a pizza and is much better for you. Good luck, and remember, you WILL feel better, but it may just take a while. The first few weeks are the toughest when your body is acclimating to the stress of adding a diet and workout regimen to your routine. However, once you get past that, you'll probably be able to outpace your kids.
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Welcome to myfitness pal. Don't give up. If you fall down dust the dirt off and get back up. I been on mfp for almost two years. My goal is 100 lbs lost. Friend me if you would like to.
  • jenns717
    jenns717 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You are here. Best first step. Make a list of steps you need to take to start your healthy journey. Step one: MFP. Step two: Log your food. Step three add movement. You don't have to do all the steps in one day if you don't want to . Do one until you feel ready to add the next. Keep adding steps that are baby steps. You can do this! Sending you a friend request! We can do this together!
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I have started and failed more times than I can count but last January I decided enough was enough, I joined MFP and started a weight loss contest. I've lost over 50 lbs (not quite half way there) and don't see an end to this lifestyle. My loss has plateaued some but I'm not giving up and I know that this is all part of my new life now and I'm willing for it to be. I'm in better shape than I was 10 years younger and looking forward to doing things like ride bikes, hike, etc this summer, things I was too out of shape to do comfortably or for long in the past. My only regret is that I never stuck with it my dozen tries before. You go this, I know you do. Your long term goals are worth so much more than the taste of food!!
  • Mojoman02
    Mojoman02 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Congrats for jumping back on the bandwagon here!! I recently did myself! The advice I always give myself...."You didn't gain it overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight!" Keeps my patience in check!! :tongue:
  • chai613
    chai613 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    'I use to weigh 268 and reached my goal of 125 unfortunately now that I'm in my fifties I'm struggling again. I can just tell you that the struggle is WORTH it! My family life improved so much. You are worth it and you can do it. I didn't diet but just started eating healthy and walking. You can't always go to the gym or afford it but there is always a road available. Good Luck!!
  • MsDeitra
    MsDeitra Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Happy Monday ALL!!! Cant wait to blow this week out!!!!
  • MsDeitra
    Options
    Remember, losing weight begins in the kitchen. You don't always have time to exercise, but you do always have time to eat right. Making a tuna, etc salad takes less time than ordering a pizza and is much better for you. Good luck, and remember, you WILL feel better, but it may just take a while. The first few weeks are the toughest when your body is acclimating to the stress of adding a diet and workout regimen to your routine. However, once you get past that, you'll probably be able to outpace your kids.

Ha! I cant wait for the day I can outpace them! Thanks for the encouragement!
  • MsDeitra
    Options
    You are here. Best first step. Make a list of steps you need to take to start your healthy journey. Step one: MFP. Step two: Log your food. Step three add movement. You don't have to do all the steps in one day if you don't want to . Do one until you feel ready to add the next. Keep adding steps that are baby steps. You can do this! Sending you a friend request! We can do this together!

Just gotta say it... Youre awesome! :laugh: :smile:
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    have you ever heard of the anti-jarred? He lost over 400 pounds and has kept it off. His story is very inspiring. He has a blog where he writes about weight loss and lots of other things. Even if you don't agree with his politcal views his weight loss story is very inspiring and motivational to me. You can google him.

Also, find like minded people on MFP to friend. The support from good friends can really keep you going.

Best of luck to you in this journey. It's not an easy one but giving up is guranteed failure. Don't give up. Remember no matter how slow you go, you are lapping everyone that never started.
  • indycoltz
    indycoltz Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Believe me. Patience. One day at a time. You get through one day, under calories, it all starts over the next day. One day at a time.
  • Ftw37
    Ftw37 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I started with more than 200 pounds to lose myself. I still have more than 100 pounds to go. Agreed, we can't do it alone. Friend request sent!
  • MsDeitra
    Options
    You can do this! I have started and failed more times than I can count but last January I decided enough was enough, I joined MFP and started a weight loss contest. I've lost over 50 lbs (not quite half way there) and don't see an end to this lifestyle. My loss has plateaued some but I'm not giving up and I know that this is all part of my new life now and I'm willing for it to be. I'm in better shape than I was 10 years younger and looking forward to doing things like ride bikes, hike, etc this summer, things I was too out of shape to do comfortably or for long in the past. My only regret is that I never stuck with it my dozen tries before. You go this, I know you do. Your long term goals are worth so much more than the taste of food!!

I literally think, that is my new mantra!!!!

"Your long term goals are worth so much more than the taste of food!!"
  • FootballKate1
    FootballKate1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I have just joined this week and have 185 lbs to lose. I did nothing the 1st time on here but I too have had it and I know I need help. So far I have logged in everyday and that is one of my goals - the daily check in. I am finding my way around the site and not quite sure how to join any groups (and I have to get one of my kids to help me put my picture up lol) but please feel free to add me as well. I think the more support and accountability we have, the better we will do.
  • dreaislovinghers
    dreaislovinghers Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We can do this together! Add me as a friend.
  • MsDeitra
    Options
    I started with more than 200 pounds to lose myself. I still have more than 100 pounds to go. Agreed, we can't do it alone. Friend request sent!

You're an inspiration! Cant wait to be where you are!