200+ lbs to lose: The fight of my life!

Options

Replies

• franci85
    franci85 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'm just too stubborn and think I can do it on my own. Obviously I can't. I'm hoping that this time around I can actually accomplish something. Please add me, this goes for you and anyone really. I would love to have MFP friends. :happy:
  • NikkiMem2Dal
    Options
    I know for sure how you are feeling, and you definitely are not along in the struggle. I have over 100 pounds to lose myself and I am up for the challenge, only this time around I have an amazing trainer/friend who is going with me every single step of the way. Please feel free to accept my friend request so we can be motivation for each other!
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Welcome - a part of this journey is learning about you and what makes you tick and why you want to lose the weight (and perhaps why you gained the weight in the first place). This is my second time losing over 100 lbs. I did it once in my late 20's focusing mostly on exercise and then as it always does, life happens and excuses get made and working later, weather, moving to a new city comes up and it gets tossed by the wayside.

this time around I am older and wiser (hopefully) and changing my lifestyle to fit my goals as I had developed some heath issues so I needed to reevaluate everything.

That being said - have the confidence to make it succeed and take it one day at a time - and treat everything as a learning experience - you will end up learning what works for you and what doesn't
  • MsDeitra
    MsDeitra Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you. I think I'm just too stubborn and think I can do it on my own. Obviously I can't. I'm hoping that this time around I can actually accomplish something. Please add me, this goes for you and anyone really. I would love to have MFP friends. :happy:

Well its time we learn when to go it alone and when to ask for help! I'm ready... Cause I know it's too hard by myself.. I have 35 yrs of experience that way, doesn't work, guess i'm a slow learner LOL... I'm ready, sounds like you are too... lets do it together!
  • BobbieJo_1977
    BobbieJo_1977 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You've got this MsDietra!!!! START NOW, STAY FOCUSED, FINISH STRONG, and most of all NEVER BACK DOWN!!!!
  • BoricuaX
    BoricuaX Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can definetly identify with your story. I have also taken this journey in the past and after being successful (sometimes) I revert to my old habits. Now I am a new Dad (my boy is 10 months now) & I want to make sure to do my part to ensure (as much as possible) that I can be in his life for a long time....and hopefully get to meet & play with my grand kids one day.

I have 145 to loose. My baby boy is my motivation, but I lack the necessary drive and/or strength (perhaps the will power) needed to take the Journey. I have before obtained my goal, but this time I want it to stick.
  • stat1124
    stat1124 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I hear ya and you can have all it is that you want as soon as you make the decision and start believing change is coming your way. Add me if you like and I'd be honored to be there with you on your journey! Good Luck, Keep the Faith and remember we make progress day by day!
  • EileenB42
    EileenB42 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    It always helps to have friends on this journey this is my 3rd time at it and im on my fourth month and seem to be finally getting it. I recently joined a gym and i am determined to get this weight off. I have 135 pounds to lose. friend request sent.
  • MsDeitra
    Options
    I can definetly identify with your story. I have also taken this journey in the past and after being successful (sometimes) I revert to my old habits. Now I am a new Dad (my boy is 10 months now) & I want to make sure to do my part to ensure (as much as possible) that I can be in his life for a long time....and hopefully get to meet & play with my grand kids one day.

I have 145 to loose. My baby boy is my motivation, but I lack the necessary drive and/or strength (perhaps the will power) needed to take the Journey. I have before obtained my goal, but this time I want it to stick.

Well I think its awesome that you're here, fighting to get back! That is a victory, don't gloss over it, we could be sitting in our mess, just satisfied and unchanging! I know what its like to need something or someone to keep the fire lit! Your son's an awesome motivator. Trust me as a parent, I get it!

Please Feel free to friend me and maybe we can do this together and like you said, this time... for KEEPS!
  • MsDeitra
    Options
    You've got this MsDietra!!!! START NOW, STAY FOCUSED, FINISH STRONG, and most of all NEVER BACK DOWN!!!!

Bobbiejo! ~ Your ROCK!
  • melissayoungblood
    melissayoungblood Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place. We are all in this boat together and great support I have found already. Feel free to add me as a friend. We all need motivation.
  • deborahcattin
    deborahcattin Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    YAY!! Good for you!! Keep up the great work!
  • jas1957
    jas1957 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    I wish you the best of luck on this journey. I have about 120 pounds to lose & I know this site is great!! God bless& take care.

JoAnn
  • AlyssaJoJo
    AlyssaJoJo Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 40, have slightly over 60 left to lose. My diary is open and I log every day! Feel free to add me!
  • jojo86xdd
    jojo86xdd Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    welcome back! i aim to lose 135 in total...41 more to go. friend request coming your way! i log on everyday and try to motivate/support as much as i can :)
  • Bjwolff51
    Bjwolff51 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Be strong. Be all in 100 percent and you will not fail!! I wrote myself a letter describing how miserable I felt and asking myself to never let the obese me exist again. I sealed it and put the date to be opened as the date I knew I could and would have safely reached my normal BMI/goal weight which was one year later. This has been a powerful tool. I used a program called Health Advantage but they all Work if YOU COMMIT. Find one where you can go to weekly support meetings if possible! That really helps! And exercise girl!! The more of these things you do, it creates an increasing positive energy and you gain momentum until you are flying and soaring!!! We are all cheering you on!!!
  • deadaeris
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm hoping to lose 78 pounds. I'd say they snuck up on me, but the reality is that I just made a boat-load of bad choices. I'm also looking for support on MFP - I think that having comraderie is one of the most important parts of the journey. Hang in there and let's do this!
    Friend request coming right up!
  • Whereismycoffee
    Whereismycoffee Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and be strong you can do this!
  • BEACHGIRL0622
    BEACHGIRL0622 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Wishing you all the best in your weight loss journey! God says we CAN do all things!
  • gobraves47
    gobraves47 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Just keep reminding yourself why you are doing it. Tell yourself that you want to be healthy more than anything.

Good luck--you can do it!