Testosterone

Options
Anyone know of any good testosterone boosters? I've used a couple over the years and I used them correctly but they never seem to have a very significant impact on me. Im trying to gain about 10-15 lbs of muscle mass in the next 4 months or so and have big gains on my lifts. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Replies

• avocadoshaped
    avocadoshaped Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    You mean testosterone precursors like cholesterol, or what?

What does 10-15lbs of muscle mass mean, just larger or do you want to shift more weight? I was always told you get larger by lifting larger but that may be nonsense.
  • alreinig
    Options
    I like Mancore…from Complete nutrition
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    cmon man youre 20 years old and u want test boosters?

1.over the counter testosterone boosters dont do anything just buy actual testosterone or steroids i u want to gain significant mass over a short period of time (its cheaper too).

2.just learn to eat more food.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options

1.over the counter testosterone boosters dont do anything just buy actual testosterone or steroids i u want to gain significant mass over a short period of time (its cheaper too).

I agree with this. At 20 you should be producing a boatload of testosterone.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of any good testosterone boosters? I've used a couple over the years and I used them correctly but they never seem to have a very significant impact on me. Im trying to gain about 10-15 lbs of muscle mass in the next 4 months or so and have big gains on my lifts. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

They didnt have any effect on you because you probably dont have low T. The best that any of the over the counter T boosters will do is supplement something you might be deficient in. Which would only bring it up to normal levels. You are most likely already there.

10-15 lbs of muscle mass in 4 months is really pushing the upper limit of what is possible for most guys. If you are very new and have optimal training and diet....MAYBE it would be possible.

Stop looking for magic pills and get to work.
  • Derp_Diggler
    Derp_Diggler Posts: 1,456 Member
    Options

They didnt have any effect on you because you probably dont have low T. The best that any of the over the counter T boosters will do is supplement something you might be deficient in. Which would only bring it up to normal levels. You are most likely already there.

10-15 lbs of muscle mass in 4 months is really pushing the upper limit of what is possible for most guys. If you are very new and have optimal training and diet....MAYBE it would be possible.

Stop looking for magic pills and get to work.

What he said. Also, check this out.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/whats-my-genetic-muscular-potential.html
  • Markguns
    Markguns Posts: 554 Member
    Options

That ^ start doing a boatload of squats, dead lifts, and bench press.
  • I mean I'm not new, I do workout alot- about 5 times a week lifting and cardio. I also eat alot and my protein is all natural-no powders or anything. I was just looking to try this because for the last 4-5 yrs ive been lifting, my gains have been slow and I notice I plateau often. I switch up workouts/reps/sets and am looking to increase my gains. I understand what you guys are saying though, so what would be the best way to gain weight and strength?
  • mustgetmuscles1
    Options
    I mean I'm not new, I do workout alot- about 5 times a week lifting and cardio. I also eat alot and my protein is all natural-no powders or anything. I was just looking to try this because for the last 4-5 yrs ive been lifting, my gains have been slow and I notice I plateau often. I switch up workouts/reps/sets and am looking to increase my gains. I understand what you guys are saying though, so what would be the best way to gain weight and strength?

When you say you eat a lot, how many calories is that? How much protein and how much fat?

By the looks of your profile pic you have low body fat level which means you are probably not eating in a surplus. Cant grow muscle from thin air. Are you gaining weight month after month?
  • [/quote]
    [/quote]
    When you say you eat a lot, how many calories is that? By the looks of your profile pic you have low body fat level which means you are probably not eating in a surplus. Cant grow muscle from thin air.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

About 2500-3000 calories a day give or take. Usually around 200g of protein and around 130g fat daily. I do a good amount of cardio which may attribute to that as well
  • Derp_Diggler
    Options
    [/quote]
    When you say you eat a lot, how many calories is that? By the looks of your profile pic you have low body fat level which means you are probably not eating in a surplus. Cant grow muscle from thin air.
    [/quote]
    [/quote]

About 2500-3000 calories a day give or take. I do a good amount of cardio which may attribute to that as well
    [/quote]

How tall are you, and how much do you weigh? I'm 45 yrs old, am 5'7" and weigh 160 lbs and I eat that much to bulk, with no cardio.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

Yes and a waste of money for you
  • 6'3 160 -never really gained weight too easily
  • Derp_Diggler
    Options
    6'3 160 -never really gained weight too easily

Have you used any online TDEE calculators? At that height and at your age you should be eating like a horse if you want to bulk up.

Try one of these

http://www.freedieting.com/tools/calorie_calculator.htm

http://www.exrx.net/Calculators/CalRequire.html

or just google daily caloric needs and you'll get a host of them.

Eat like it's your job, follow a sensible progressive lifting routine and watch your muscles grow before your eyes (not really, but you get the gist).
  • Thanks all for the help
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the help

I'm 28, 5'9 and in the 140s right now, and I eat 2900+ depending on exercise. I just go by MFP estimates and then add 300-350 cal. Usually ends up around 3200.
    I agree that you need more, considering your stats.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    Options
    You are just not getting enough calories. Couple ways you could go.

Use one of the calculators mentioned above for your calorie goal. Start tracking calories accurately. Meaning weigh and measure your food as often as you can. Start logging your exercise as well. Do that for a couple weeks and see if you start gaining. If not increase calories by 100-200 or lower cardio by that much. Keep doing that until the scale starts moving. Aim for 1-2lbs per week weight gain.

Or you could just start eating more than you are now and see if you can start getting the scale to move. Pizza, whole milk, peanut butter, pasta, ice cream. Anything with tons of calories.

No sure what your lifting program is but with either method you need to pick a good program. Tons of premade ones out there already. PHAT, PHUL, 5/3/1, SL5x5, Starting Strength, MAX muscle plan.
  • yepimonfire
    Options
    D aspartic acid. Nothing works as well. It will increase LH and FSH and increase testosterone by 45%. Also stack it with activate extreme. I got crazy results with that.
  • arcticfox04
    arcticfox04 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    You should be fine. Make sure your getting enough Vitamin D and try taking Zinc before you goto bed. Generally any ZMA works.
  • grantdumas7
    grantdumas7 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    If any of the OTC testboosters do increase testosterone, it wouldn't be enough to show any improvement in body composition.