Replies

• 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Eat foods rich in Zinc
  • Paindoesnthurt
    Paindoesnthurt Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Friend, testosterone boosters are a waste of money. You might as well take a prohormone or an anabolic drug. Trust me though you don't want to do that. I'm not an expert with post cycle theraphy (PCT) nor am I an expert with drug useage. I;ve never taken the stuff myself and never will but I can see the side effects of naive people when I was 16 in the gym powerlifting years ago what it's doing to them now. If you don't even know what a PCT is then you might as well, for your health, lay off testosterone boosters. And trust me it's not just your health to worry about but your job too. What will happen if your boss one day decides to do a drug screen and you fail? You'll lose your job all because of a testosterone booster? Is it worth it?

Let's get on the subject of increasing testosterone naturally shall we?
    1. Eat your fats. Fatty meat like steak and eggs has cholosterol and all steriodal hormones (testosterone) is descended from fatty meats. If you are worried about getting cancer the only reason there is so much studies that say red meat produces cancer is because eating cattle from corn, drugged up and factory raised environments are a no brainer that you are eating chemicals and filth. Seriously, eat more of the meat. Make sure it's grass fed and organic free range. Fat will help you with your adrenal and sex hormones

2. Get your sleep. If you sleep well you'll be able to produce more growth hormone. Less sleep means less bodybuilding hormones. Growth hormone is responsible for fat loss and muscle (as well as bone) building. You want muscle? Sleep. Plus as an aside, it'll help with adrenal sex hormones as well as testosterone

3. Protein has a direct correlation to IGF an anabolic hormone in the body so if you took advice number one by eating meat you'll be well on your way to getting enough protein

4. DHA and EFAs. Eat your fish! Not only do they produce the DHA and EFAs (and these help with testosterone) but they're good for your thyroid also!

5. TRAIN! and if you train TRAIN INTENSE! None of this jogging crap. Deadlift, squat, overhead press till your balls explode haha. Sets and reps? Screw that. Do as many as you can for 30 minutes. You'll get ripped and you'll grow.

6. Sex! Find a girlfriend and have sex with her. Not kidding. Sex will help with your testosterone. Please wear a condom too. haha.

7. Finally one last piece of advice I can give you is if you drink alcohol do NOT go overboard and binge. You binge, and that'll mean low testosterone. Drink too frequent and you'll decrease your testosterone too. However there is a study that shows if you drink post workout, and moderately, not frequently, but say, once every fortnight, you'll increase both TOTAL AND FREE testosterone levels for up to 400 minutes! Its true! I got the study to prove it too to all the naysayers.

So there you go I hope I helped. Please refrain from drugs. IF you do them then I would advise talking to an expert on the subject, do it legally and have a watchful eye under a doctor who is trustworthy and knows what they are doing. Finally, it takes time. So persistence is the key. If you got any questions PM me, add me as a friend I'm happy to help! Just don't be a total *kitten* hole and take selfies at the gym or be a complete jerk and act like a GOD to everyone else when you do become a so pro-claimed beast haha
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    I had low test (very low), got an Rx for Testosterone Enanthate from my doctor. All I can say is, "THANK YOU DR FEELGOOD". My wife thanks you too. And for everyone who said that over-the-counter testosterone boosters dont work.... They are absolutely correct, they DO NOT work, which is unfortunate.
  • fishnbrah
    fishnbrah Posts: 550
    Options
    test boosters are bunk, unless youre talking about injectible
  • Ashes_To_Beast
    Ashes_To_Beast Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Ok, I will choose my words carefully today, I suggest, with the info I have read and what I am currantly doing myself. Try using Zinc supplements, aprox. 30 mg before bed with 3000 to 5000 IU's of Vitamine D. The Zinc helps block of estrogen and the vitamine D helps free Testosterone from proteines wich gives you "Free Testorone" wich is what my research shows that you require to make gains. You should also consider taking 3000-5000 IU's of Vitamine D when you wake up as well.
    All the research that I have read up on showed that our testosterone is at it's highest between 4am and 6 am so it is apparantly the best time to take the Zinc and Vit. D.

I suggest you read up on the benifits of Zinc and Vitamine D for Testosterone because going with Boosters might eventually cause your body to produce less on its own.
    Hope this helps!
  • Ashes_To_Beast
    Ashes_To_Beast Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    This diet might also help your gains, check it out.

http://www.musclehack.com/best-bodybuilding-diet-plan-revealed/
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    I mean I'm not new, I do workout alot- about 5 times a week lifting and cardio. I also eat alot and my protein is all natural-no powders or anything. I was just looking to try this because for the last 4-5 yrs ive been lifting, my gains have been slow and I notice I plateau often. I switch up workouts/reps/sets and am looking to increase my gains. I understand what you guys are saying though, so what would be the best way to gain weight and strength?

Heavy compound lifts like squats and deadlifts increase testosterone (I'm a female and mine is 3x higher than most women). A good program that is related to your goals (either strength OR size) will do wonders. Also, you have to eat enough to gain. www.1percentedge.com/ifcalc/
  • beertrollruss
    beertrollruss Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I got caught up on size and now I'm 50 pounds over weight.

I agree with everyone else that at 20 years old, you should have plenty of testosterone. However, you can have your testosterone checked by your doctor just to make sure you're not low for some reason.

I recommend staying in good shape. If you keep working out, increasing your weights and eat quality food, the muscle will come. Make sure you vary your workouts every 4-6 weeks. It took me over 30 years to figure out how to vary my workouts properly. I didn't figure it out until I got Jim Stoppani's Encyclopedia of Strength.

Creatine will help, but make sure you drink lots of water with it. Get the basic monohydrate. It may mess with your stomach some but none of the other types worked for me.

Too much cardio will slow down muscle gains.

You look like you're in good shape so keep working out consistently and eating clean and you'll have a nice healthy life.
  • uconnwinsnc
    uconnwinsnc Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Anyone know of any good testosterone boosters? I've used a couple over the years and I used them correctly but they never seem to have a very significant impact on me. Im trying to gain about 10-15 lbs of muscle mass in the next 4 months or so and have big gains on my lifts. Any insight would be greatly appreciated

You're 20 years old. You don't need testosterone boosters since you're pretty much peaked.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Didn't bother to read any of the thread but I can smell it from here. Where is the emoticon snorting the testosterone? This place sux.:yawn:
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    If you have trouble eating more, just drop the cardio or reduce significantly. Much better for muscle growth, and you wont need as many calories.
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    test boosters are bunk, unless youre talking about injectible

Yup, a testosterone booster will not do anything. Nothing. A 20 point increase in total T is not going to add a single pound to your lifts. It's insignificant.

Testosterone as a hormone (as in, NOT a "booster") will make a huge difference. Boosters are marketing and complete BS. There is no natural way to raise testosterone enough to see a noticeable difference. Excepting diet (someone with extremely low fat intake will see a difference by actually eating some fats)

And guys, PLEASE be aware that prohormones and designer steroids are NOT boosters. They are active hormones. No different than every banned anabolic steroid. Even though you can buy them on Amazon. You will wreck your endocrine system if you dont take precautions and pop them as if they are T 'boosters'
  • leesyc81
    leesyc81 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Eat more, reduce your cardio to help with your weight gain, up your protein intake, up your training and creatine will help with that and muscle mass. I wouldn't bother with testosterone or steroids or anything else like that. Im a girl and only been training for just over a year and got good muscle gains by training hard and eating plenty of protein. It helped that I was overweight to begin with and was like I had inbuilt weights lol with my squats and press ups. Just be patient and keep going!
  • vanguardfitness
    vanguardfitness Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Too bad they banned m1t ages ago. That was some serious **** for a supplement
  • trojan_bb
    trojan_bb Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Too bad they banned m1t ages ago. That was some serious **** for a supplement

lol and hundreds of truly stupid teenagers took that and still believed they are natural. sorry kids, if you gain 25lbs in 3 weeks from M1T....it aint natural ;)
  • _AwesomeSauce_
    Options
    Jim Stoppani's Encyclopedia of Strength looks like fantastic book! I just ordered the Kindle version, thanks for dropping that name :-)
  • Greytfish
    Options
    Absent steroids, even at 20 you won't add 10-15 lbs. of muscle mass in 4 months. At that age you can fairly easily add 1 to 1.5 lbs. per month with lifting and diet. What you add beyond that will be mass, just not lean muscle mass.

Also, lots of nice abs, gentlemen. Wait till the ladies pick up this trend.
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Eat at least 3 egg yolks per day, 4 ml of fermented cod liver oil, and chinese adaptogenic herbs. Avoid chronic cardio like the plague.
  • Marcolter
    Marcolter Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I was using tribulus as a booster. But at my age (64yr old) my blood test showed I needed real Testosterone shots. Now I am on T and believe me, it does make a difference in life. But at a young age, I don't know if you need it but yes, I have seen seen 20 yr old on the juice and they do get huge fast but you still have to put in the time in the gym. At the gym you know who is on the juice.
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    cmon man youre 20 years old and u want test boosters?

1.over the counter testosterone boosters dont do anything just buy actual testosterone or steroids i u want to gain significant mass over a short period of time (its cheaper too).

2.just learn to eat more food.

This^^^^^^^^^^ I'm not a Dr nor will I go into any of my educational background on this subject here but I will tell you if you're in need of Test at only 20 years of age it might be worth your time to consult your physician.