Welcome to Fun and Games! Many of the discussions in this category are games based on responding to the most recent comment. Please take a moment to refresh the page and make sure you are replying to the most recent comment to keep the game going!

The official nightshift thread....

Options

Replies

• sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,201 Member
    Options
    Yeah! Another weekend is coming to a close. I am so far behind on records.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    This weekend was both amazingly good, and amazingly bad.
    Saturday - Women Who Wine (friends & I did our own wineries tasting tour - a couple of us have worked in vineyards and wineries before and the others have a fairly developed palate as well.)
    e43tk0nljjwx.jpg

Hubby of one friend doesn't like wine much so he volunteered as driver. He's an easygoing, great guy.
    wac8eatz6237.jpg

We all had a great time - tasted about 20 wines, and I bought a few bottles from each winery to make a case including an $85 bottle -racked in the champagne tradition- that was simply awesome. I spent a bit of money on wine this weekend. (No regrets B))
    13l4eh6zmlsp.jpg
    8st956yqa5zx.jpg
    2sgxaxe5gh44.jpg
    All the wineries were along the bench with sloping views down to the lakeshore. With great bistros for lunch as well.

And now for the bad news. My Mom has Lewy Body Dementia (no, it's a strangely different beast from Alzheimer's - way worse) She took off at 7 in the morning on Sunday because she was having delusions ('Dad was after her and 'planning something') and I went to get her at the senior home and take her to the hospital so they didn't have to call an ambulance and really stress her further. I spent the day with her, and stayed overnight as she was very agitated. Next morning her doctor came in to talk and she was still a bit delusional but calmer.
    We ended up in the ER at first but were delayed in getting a bed on a floor because there were three bad accidents coming in with trauma patients plus it's summer here so tons of injured or sick tourists head for the ER for treatment. After no sleep for 28 hours I left to go home for a nap, leaving her fairly calm and just going to rest until I was to come back after lunch. Turns out she had what I call a brain flip - suddenly Dad was no longer a 'bad guy' and she walked out of the hospital leaving her bag with ID and some meds behind and walked home to the senior residence by herself down the highway because she missed him!! While I napped there were 6 calls on my cell phone, and 6 on my landline and the hospital was in lockdown - then she showed up for lunch in the dining room of the senior lodge to eat with Dad. Apologies from hospital and her doc (not his fault though) and more notice from the Community Care nurse who will be checking and reassessing what assistance they might need before they go into a dedicated memory care facility. I'm so exhausted and I feel like I've been beaten with a stick today from all the stress. At least it was a (relatively) happy ending to Monday.

Sorry to dump on you all!
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Welcome to the newbies! And hi Bethanie!!
  • dlbohl1991
    dlbohl1991 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Parvo puppy is out the door. :smile:

Awesome:)
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Checking in! Anything going on tonight?
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Um the greatest showman with my two kiddos and some popcorn
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    Sounds like fun!
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Come on over we’ll bake cookies or something else crazy. I love a wild Tuesday night lol
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Greatest chef in the world here with three kids, chocolate cake, and Mac-n-cheese. 😊
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    I can hook you up with a mean bowl of cereal:)
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    All right, we got cake, mac n cheese, cereal, and cookies. I'll just bring the milk!
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Yay party!
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Another weekend. Left the kids with Pizza, hot pockets, pop tarts, and cookies. My youngest comes up to me and says, "I love you dad." :smile:
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    Sounds like father of the year hahaha
  • jennifer_417
    Options
    OK, party people, what's going on tonight? I'm doing research for a paper on how to help bereaved people, so clearly I'm already winning the game with excitement.
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    Watching to dogs with bloody diarrhea. I think you win. :smile:
  • sufferlandrian
    Options
    @Jineh - I have no idea how you deal with watching your parents go through that. My father passed relatively quickly from an autoimmune disease. He was gone in three months. Mental issues are so alien to my medical brain I struggle with two autistic kids. I don't know how you can deal with a parent who was your protector and care give and now can't keep in touch with reality. You have my sympathy.
  • canadjineh
    Options
    Sheesh! I haven't been able to access 'Community' for days! Finally, stupid 'Whoops parsererror' message is gone, and tahDah! here I am. Oi >:) I suddenly became the bad guy because I left Mom so I could get a quick nap and my car....and she didn't know where I had gone or if I was coming back (not true but she didn't remember what I explained to her.) Today was better, the 3 of us went down to the lobby activities room and listened to 2 guitarists and had a glass of wine (happy hour) and then my hubby came from work for the last half of the show. She was in a pretty decent mood so that was good.
    I hope the doggies will be feeling better soon.
    I'm obviously late for the party but I'll bring bacon.... and good unpeated single malt whiskey.
  • dlbohl1991
    Options
    In the hospital waiting for my son to be born!
  • canadjineh
    edited July 2019
    Options
    Pre-natal congrats!! :flowerforyou:
    What a coincidence @dlbohl1991's baby takes his first step outside his universe on the 50th anniversary of Armstrong's step on the moon.