MFP Calorie Goal Too High?

Options
13»

Replies

• mistyloveslife
    mistyloveslife Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    You're male and 145 pounds? What height?

He says 5' 7". This seems insane to me...
  • bluetalonuk
    Options
    How do you get 4-6 mph? 90 minutes to walk 5 miles is 3.3 mph.

Traffic lights :)

I log all my walks on runkeeper and that logs each mile along the time taken - My mile times vary between 10-15 mins / mile so that's 6mph (for 10 min mile) and 4 mph (for 15 min mile) - so smarty I am walking at the stated pace
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    How do you get 4-6 mph? 90 minutes to walk 5 miles is 3.3 mph.

Traffic lights :)

I log all my walks on runkeeper and that logs each mile along the time taken - My mile times vary between 10-15 mins / mile so that's 6mph (for 10 min mile) and 4 mph (for 15 min mile) - so smarty I am walking at the stated pace

I am doubting that you are walking at 6mph, that is a jog for most and a run for some. Are you sure you don't have it set in Kms?
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    You're male and 145 pounds? What height?

He says 5' 7". This seems insane to me...

My 30 yo son in law is 5'7" and 110 lbs. THAT is insane. 145 is completely normal for the average male who isn't into bodybuilding.
    My husband is 45, 5'8" and his optimal cycling 'race weight' goal is 150. He is around 160 now that it is off season and has his winter coat.
    Not every man is 6 ft tall and weighs 200 lbs.

ETA Dan, of the Road map plan, is around this height and only weighs around 135.
  • fougamou
    fougamou Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Personally, I am confused. You have a Fitbit and your primary sources of exercise is steps, which is what Fitbit calculates best. Why not go with the assumption that the Fitbit Calorie burn is daily calorie burn, try it for a while and see if it is correct?

I think you are overthinking this.