What kind of milk do you drink?

Options

Replies

• Fit2Strip
    Fit2Strip Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    1%. Unless it comes from a mammal, it's not milk. Oil or juice at best. "Soy oil" & "Almond juice" just don't sell.

branded as 'milk' because they are mostly used as a replacement for dairy milk, not a replacement for oils or juices.

i'm fun at parties, i know.

you're welcome to my party anytime
  • Fit2Strip
    Options
    1%. Unless it comes from a mammal, it's not milk. Oil or juice at best. "Soy oil" & "Almond juice" just don't sell.

Since you're concerned with accurate titles, we should really call mammal milk: " Bovine Growth Hormone, Antibiotics, Pus, Dead Tissue and Blood Milk"
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options

Since you're concerned with accurate titles, we should really call mammal milk: " Bovine Growth Hormone, Antibiotics, Pus, Dead Tissue and Blood Milk"

Oh, vomit.

I don't really drink milk from animals. Very occasionally I'll have milk froth on top of a long black when I'm out. I would like to try raw milk but can't justify buying a 2L bottle when most of it would be thrown out.

I put a bit of coconut milk on frozen berries as a quick dessert, and if/when I bake I'd likely make my own nut stuff :)
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Whole milk. Because everything else pales in comparison taste wise. I don't even acknowledge milk pretenders made from nuts and beans. And no, calling it something gross won't deter me. Whole milk is delicious, I don't care if cow tissue and tears are floating in the foam, I will drink it while turning my nose up at your almond juice.
  • Fit2Strip
    Options
    Whole milk. Because everything else pales in comparison taste wise. I don't even acknowledge milk pretenders made from nuts and beans. And no, calling it something gross won't deter me. Whole milk is delicious, I don't care if cow tissue and tears are floating in the foam, I will drink it while turning my nose up at your almond juice.

And I'l turn my nose down at you when you experience the negative physiological effects of drinking the "milk" solid in stores today and all of its many unhealthy contaminants.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

And I'l turn my nose down at you when you experience the negative physiological effects of drinking the "milk" solid in stores today and all of its many unhealthy contaminants.

K. You'll be the first person I inform when it happens. Promise.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options

Still milk.
  • DoctorGreenthumb
    DoctorGreenthumb Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Mothers.
  • missyont
    Options
    I don't drink much at all but sometimes a bit of 2% cows milk in my tea...I like chocolate almond milk but I don't drink it much.
  • ztaitaifufu
    ztaitaifufu Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened almond milk or homemade oat or rice milk :)
  • tashie143
    Options
    I drink 2% milk when I do b/c you still need some fat =0)
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I either use 2% milk, or vanilla coconut milk from Trader Joes (it's cheaper there). Almond milk is good too. I personally don't care for the taste of soy milk, so I try to avoid that
  • Halleeon
    Halleeon Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I love almond milk, original or vanilla flavored, either is great to me. I usually get the Blue Diamond Brand, but Silk is good too.

I don't use regular milk unless it's a recipe that really seems to need it or special occasions. Why? Dairy = body inflammation. Sigh, if only I could give up my beloved sour cream...I put that ish on everything, lol! But seriously, I have tried organic milk and it had a better taste than conventional - perhaps give that a try?

My MIL swears by Lactaid...I'm not a fan.

Best of luck.
  • daw0518
    daw0518 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    All kinds! I use 2% for my normal milk needs, like in cereal or in recipes. I use fat free half & half for my coffee. Also love almond milk & will buy it once in awhile for something different in cereal.
  • morethanthis0
    morethanthis0 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Milk and Soy hurt my tummy too. My favorite is Trader Joes Unsweetened Almond Milk....soooo yummy
  • smileymaxine
    smileymaxine Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    I drink lactose free milk or almond mill if I can find it, slight lactose intolerance that makes me look like a wale and feel incredibly sick I I drink milk, hate the stuff anyway but for coffee and porridge its good
  • paulperryman
    paulperryman Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    98% fat free/2% milk from Coles or Woolworths, cheap and does the trick.
  • Sreneesa
    Sreneesa Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Fat free milk
  • Mellyajc
    Mellyajc Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    As a kid it was 2%, then 1% when it came out. My dad was the odd one who liked skim milk, then randomly at some point I started preferring it.

Since then I've moved to unsweetened vanilla almond milk - initially because it keeps longer and I was having to throw out some of the cow's milk since I wouldn't drink it fast enough, but I've heard enough about milk being bad for you in regards to bloating and acne I want to move away from dairy for those reasons as well.

I can do sweetened original, but sweetened vanilla bothers me (especially on raisin bran), and I'm not too fond of unsweetened original. I definitely prefer the unsweetened vanilla.

Mostly I use milk for cereal and cooking, but it works pretty well to drink straight, too.