Lost 60 lbs, gained it all back. Need friends

Options

Replies

• BlackStarlight
    BlackStarlight Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I'm re-losing my weight gain too.
    I log every day x x
  • amitglinkedin
    amitglinkedin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I had similar experience, I lost 10 pounds and gained back 14 ahhhhh its painful..Feel free to add me
  • MasonMelissa
    MasonMelissa Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I lost 27lbs and gained all but 1lb back since I have been logging in on MFP. I gained it all back in 4 months. Between 2 major deaths in the family and a miscarriage that I am dealing with this month I am still not in the position to workout. But I can be supportive, I want to get back at it soon because I want to be back down to the 185 mark by May when we go to Las Vegas that is if me and my husband don't get pregnant before then.
  • dynamodi
    dynamodi Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate, I lost 21 pounds and then gained it nearly all back. Have lost 14 pounds again. I really struggle at times with this!
  • Roaringgael
    Roaringgael Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Get back on track!
    You can do it.
    don't give up trying to change, it will get better.
    You have done it before you can do it again.
    Its the maintenance bit that you got wrong, not the losing.
    :flowerforyou:
  • Patovader
    Patovader Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    This was me before I found MFP, I lost around 3 stone on my own and felt great for around 2 months, 6 months later I have gained it all back plus another half stone for good measure! The problem was a simple one, when the diet ended I went back to my old ways, in other words I never learned anything!

Fast forward to now; I have lost all the weight again (bar a slight x-mas blip but we have all been there) and been maintaining since April 2012, the big difference now though is that I continue to log to a degree, especially through the week which means I can let go of the reigns a bit at the weekend and have fun.

Good luck and remember this - lifestyle change, not a diet :)

A :)
  • palmscj
    Options
    I am completely with you on this! Have been a yo yo dieter for years and now the hospital have advised me to lose weight due to poor health:embarassed:

I put lots of weight on over Christmas and I am having difficulty getting back on to the plan and I am not always well enough to go to the gym:grumble:

Anyway a New Year and the need to lose lots of weight to fit into a beautiful dress for my son's wedding in September is going to keep me focused - from TODAY:happy:
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    Need to lose 50 lbs. feel free to add me we can motivate each other:)
  • happened with me as well.. similar kinda story.. but no worries.. we have done it once,, we can do it again.. and we will emerge stronger and better... good luck.. FR on d way.. Anyone feel free to add
  • purplelizzard
    purplelizzard Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 and gained back 10. And I know what it feels like to think that I wasted all of that work. I live through it everyday. But I also am getting back into it. :)
  • bloggymomx
    Options
    I've been there done that. I lost 70 lbs two years ago and gained it all back due to depression. I was so angry at myself and it put me into an even deeper depression. Im changing everything now. :) If you need a friend, I'm here!
  • armourer178
    Options
    I tried the no carbs diet for awhile and lost a lot of weight, but after i started to eat the food i liked, the weight came back, and came back even more.. I'm doing the right way this time, im logging all my food, im using a scale in the kitchen to get the proper amount of food i eat and keeping within my daily calorie goal. working good so far! and i feel great, motivated with lots of energy!
  • reneemoore84
    reneemoore84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My story is almost identical to yours. Last January I started Weight Watchers and P90X and ended up loosing around 40lbs in about 5 months. I started using MFP shortly after along with Turbo Fire but somehow fell of track during the summer :frown: since than I have gained back the 40lbs along with a bonus 17lbs! Ugh it's so frustrating to think about all that hard work I did just to let it all go. I really want this time to be it though! So here I am, finished week one and am down 6lbs. I guess you just can't focus on the past. You just got to focus on right now and take each day as they come. Good luck to you, and you're not alone! :happy:
  • nikkiw1990
    Options
    Hi all im new to this, good luck all ;)
  • alb848484
    Options
    Add me too! I'm in the same situation. Lost 50lb in 2012 using fatsecret, gained it back in 2013. Too ashamed of myself to log back into fatsecret so starting out again here at mfp. :blushing:
  • maria_tm1978
    Options
    I've been there! I seem to keep losing and gaining the same 30 pounds for as long as I can remember. I found that I gain when something derails me from working out.

Feel free to friend me!

Good luck to everyone!
  • MrsMRo220
    MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I've gained and lost the same 60lbs...due to pregnancy but still. I'm now done being pregnant and ready to loose all the weight for good!! I need friends if anyone wants to add me!
  • melissa199mfp
    melissa199mfp Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I lost 30, then gained back 42 after a surgery and bout if depression. Looking to lose that 42 plus more. Feel free to add everybody! I just started using mfp, so I need some encouragement!
  • poptart2012
    poptart2012 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. Kind of in the same boat. Started on here, did well and then life distracted me. Back at it now and can always use more friends for support and motivation.
  • Erickn002
    Options
    I really know you it feel I lost a lot of weight but not only did i gain it back but I gained more so I need people who can really help me out