Mc Donalds everyday Calorie Deficit

Options
Alright so if I ate McDonalds everyday for a month but everything I ate for Breakfast Lunch and Dinner fit into my macros and I was at a slight calorie deficit I would still lose weight? I just find it strange that you could eat that junk all day and get skinnier but it must be true?? I wasn't thinking of trying this by the way!! Haha I've just always wondered :L

Replies

• eksero2k
    eksero2k Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Yes
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    ^This as long as you burn more calories than you eat,
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    It's not a good idea, but yeah, you can lose weight that way.
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Yes

This

And yes OP you will most likely get sick
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    It would depend on what you ate from there as to whether it was healthy or not. Although granted most of their food is highly processed and full of trans fats, they offer healthy(ier?) alternatives. If 2 of your meals a day from there were salads and you skipped the fries and soft drinks with every meal, it would not be the healthiest food plan, but would be better than big mac and fries for every meal
  • Chadomaniac
    Chadomaniac Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    It would depend on what you ate from there as to whether it was healthy or not. Although granted most of their food is highly processed and full of trans fats, they offer healthy(ier?) alternatives. If 2 of your meals a day from there were salads and you skipped the fries and soft drinks with every meal, it would not be the healthiest food plan, but would be better than big mac and fries for every meal

Incorrect

Calorie defecit = weight loss

Doesn't matter what you eat
  • brevislux
    brevislux Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Salads can easily be calorie-traps. Especially if there's dressing on them. And some have fat meat/cheese.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    ZealousMissJJ Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Yes, but you wouldn't look any better. It's an old debate. Everyone with common sense knows that what you eat on a deficit DOES make a difference in the long term.

Oh and Guus, fat does not make you fat :flowerforyou:. It's a myth. You'll gain bodyfat if you lose mucsle mass or when you eat above your TDEE. Eating more balanced (40/30/30 - carbs/protein/fat) will give you the protein it need to preserve musclemass while on a deficit.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Yes, but you wouldn't look any better. It's an old debate. Everyone with common sense knows that what you eat on a deficit DOES make a difference in the long term.

Oh and Guus, fat does not make you fat :flowerforyou:. It's a myth. You'll gain bodyfat if you lose mucsle mass or when you eat above your TDEE. Eating more balanced (40/30/30 - carbs/protein/fat) will give you the protein it need to preserve musclemass while on a deficit.

Won't look any better in what sense, exactly? What difference in my appearance is caused by getting my chicken salad at McDonalds vs making it at home, exactly?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options

Won't look any better in what sense, exactly? What difference in my appearance is caused by getting my chicken salad at McDonalds vs making it at home, exactly?

Less clowns, natch.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    Yes you can.

However, you need to be careful that you do not end up creating habits which can compromise your long term ability to regulate your weight through your short term dieting.

Habits are created when you have a trigger or cue which is satisfied / rewarded by an action you take repeatedly.

So, in this instance the trigger is hunger or meal times. The action is eating at McDonalds. The reward is satisfaction of hunger and pleasure. And so a habit is born.

The thing about most choices at McDonalds (although admittedly there are more options these days) is they are created to be as highly palatable as possible and therefore the reward you get from eating them (increased pleasure due to increased dopamine) is heightened. That is why many people find that when they eat McDonalds of fast food that they want to eat a lot of it. I see very few people complaining about wanting to eat vegetables as much as they want to eat this type of food but that is not surprising given the above.

Excess weight is caused by over consumption of calories. If you create the habit of relying on fast food in your dieting phase it is likely that this will carry through to your maintenance phase. Given the calorie density of many foods you find at fast food joints and the relative lack of volume it is likely that you will end up over consuming consistently at some point if you eat there regularly (due to the habit you have created).

Of course this may be offset by consciously tracking your calories & macros over the long term. Personally, this sounds horrific to me but each to their own and all that...
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options

Who eats salads at McDonalds??
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options

:blushing:
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options

:blushing:

Nawww.. I would have taken you for the Big Tasty kind of guy :happy: :flowerforyou:
  • Achrya
    Options

Well logically if it continues to be on the menu it's because people buy it.

That said I quite enjoy the southwest salad and so I, for one, eat salads at McDonalds.
  • princessrisariri
    princessrisariri Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    You would lose, but you would end up missing out on a lot of nutrients you need if that is -all- you ate so you may be more prone to getting ill, or generally just feel run down and crap and not like exercising etc. So without that physical activity you'll only have around 1500cal or so to burn a day and that is less than one meal, so you wont be eating much mass at all.

Also you would probably be really prone to mood swings and bouts of hunger as macds isn't very filling, and the high amount of carbs/sugar will **** your insulin up and down will tell your body to store any fat in can, then you'll run out of energy as per your deficit and itll try use it again, just not very efficient.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options

That said I quite enjoy the southwest salad and so I, for one, eat salads at McDonalds.

McDonalds put salads on the menu because they have a bad rep of being unhealthy. You know I was being sarcastic about who eats a salad at McDonalds. To each their own. I for one am more of a Big Tasty kind off gal. I would never order a salad at McDonalds. To me it's like going to a prostitute for a hug :wink:.

If it works for you, then that's great. But I think you understood what I was trying to say. Eating all McDonalds daily is not a good basis to lose weight on.
  • Achrya
    Options

McDonalds put salads on the menu because they have a bad rep of being unhealthy. You know I was being sarcastic about who eats a salad at McDonalds. To each their own. I for one am more of a Big Tasty kind off gal. I would never order a salad at McDonalds. To me it's like going to a prostitute for a hug :wink:.

If it works for you, then that's great. But I think you understood what I was trying to say. Eating all McDonalds daily is not a good basis to lose weight on.

I genuinely don't understand how one can't use McDonalds as a basis to lose weight (some science teacher has lost 40 pounds doing so while keeping a pretty decent macro ratio) or in what manner it will stop a person from looking better.

Salads are the only thing I go to McDonalds for. I get my burgers from Wendy's like a civilized person.
  • ZealousMissJJ
    Options

I genuinely don't understand how one can't use McDonalds as a basis to lose weight (some science teacher has lost 40 pounds doing so while keeping a pretty decent macro ratio) or in what manner it will stop a person from looking better.

Salads are the only thing I go to McDonalds for. I get my burgers from Wendy's like a civilized person.

Lol, Lucky you. We don't have Wendy's here :grumble:.

I'm assuming that you don't want the weight back that you've lost? It's not that hard to understand really. It's about the rest of your life, about health, about giving youru body all it needs. I still need to read the first scientific proof that you can live a long and healthy life by eating only at McDonalds. But hey, if it works for you...