Replies

• delicious_cocktail
    delicious_cocktail Posts: 5,797 Member
    Options
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Don't worry. :smile:

Sometimes you only want something bad enough to try for 2 weeks.

When you want it enough to work on it daily for 5 years, then you will succeed.

In the meantime, don't be so hard on yourself for something that you don't really want that badly.

or just give up on the exercising and teach yourself about nutrition.

Good luck!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou:

edited cause I forgot the word 'up' O_o
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, everything in life that is worth doing is always really easy, never involves setbacks, and never takes more than two weeks.
  • healthybodyhealthylife
    Options
    I've weighed between 61-63kgs all throughout my 'weight loss' (techincally I didn't lose 'weght') which has been a year. I've dropped 2 dress sizes but no kgs. I know its difficult to believe and counter-intuitive, but the scale isn't always the best indicator of whether you're losing fat :) don't give up!!!
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I won't be giving up because even without the weight loss, I feel better not eating crap food.

Focus on this, keep exercising, stay within your calorie goal (adjust by 50-100 calories a day if you don't see results in 4-6 weeks). Stop freaking out about the scale, and live your life the way you want to live it if the scale said what you wanted it to say.

How's that saying go? "Dress for the job you want, not the job you have."
  • rachelamber_x
    rachelamber_x Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just had a little flick through your diary and these are some things I noticed.
    No judgement btw, this is all straight from your diary.

1. You ate a lot of sodium yesterday. Sodium causes water retention and could easily account for the weight gain today.

2. On Monday you had "a scoop" of protein powder. There is a youtube video showing measurements like that can be way off. They showed what "a scoop" should look like, and what for the majority of people it did. Generally scoops were more generous, meaning it could have 1.5 or 2 times the calorie count you are expecting.

3. Again Monday, you had one "medium" banana. What is medium? Calories can be way off. When I started I used generic measurements like small/medium/large/1 carrot etc. When I actually weighed things the calories were so much higher than I had been logging.

4. Sunday you didn't log lunch, maybe you didn't eat it, I don't know. If you did, there are calories missing there.

5. Sunday you had 0.0625 cup of pesto. How did you measure that? (genuine question, how did you measure that?)

6. Friday and Saturday, quick added calories. I know you said it was just wine and veg and you probably overestimated. Maybe you did, maybe you didn't.

7. Thursday you have "a cup" of chicken. I'm not american so don't use cups and I am not 100% sure how they work, but from my understanding they are only any use for liquids not solids.
    Actually it isn't just the chicken, you have quite a few solid foods measured in cups. That might be an underestimate.

8. 4.2 cups of popcorn at the cinema? I'm guessing that was eyeballed.

9. If you have only recently started exercising your muscles could be holding on to water weight.

10. Ovulation / time of the month / hormones can all play a part. I always gain about 3lb around TOM. It happens, realise why fluctuations around that time can happen and don't worry about them.

It has been proven that the most common mistakes people make (everyone, not you, don't take it personally) are underestimating calories taken in and overestimating calories burnt.
    Make sure you are as accurate as possible.
    Don't eat back all of your exercise calories in case they are overestimated.
    Get your thyroid checked again if it was borderline, you never know it may have changed.
    And most importantly, keep going! It isn't easy and wont happen overnight. I've lost 12lb in 6 months. That's half a pound a week on average.
  • Mavenly
    Mavenly Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I changed my diary around to show potassium instead of sugars (since they only let you have a certain number.)

I found the day (or days) that I bounced back up or didn't see the results I expected were usually days that correlated with a crapload of sodium and very little potassium. That's pretty typically for the American diet, especially if you eat a lot of processed/convenience foods.

I found if I focus on making sure that my diet is balanced not just from a caloric perspective but also from a nutritional perspective (esp potassium) and I reign in the sodium nonsense - I see much more consistent results. I still have crappy days, and days I want to pitch the scale off the roof - but the results get a lot more predictable.

Just my two pfenning