Turbo Fire-Fresh Start on 9/6/10

Options

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    Rest day today...did 30 minutes of yoga...beginning to love it.
  • dzdame
    Options
    That was going to be my next question! I think I may have found CE for a reasonable price (ie. much less than regular price), so may be starting it soon..Would love to do TF at same time, so would love to take a look at a hybrid schedule..
  • glfprncs2
    glfprncs2 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    bumping this to see how you ladies like and make out with TF. I am considering purchasing it, but am unsure if I should get the TF or Insanity. I have heard that CE requires more weights and such and I do my weight work at the gym. I am excited to see all of your journeys with TF! Good luck to you all!!

If you already have a solid resistance training in place at the gym, I would go with Turbo Fire over Insanity. I did my 60 days of Insanity back in January and February of this year. I did get into great cardiovascular shape, but I found the program to really focus on my lower body and core and I actually lost upper body strength. Also, it involves a LOT of plyometric jumping and it really put the torque on my knees and low back.

I find Turbo Fire to really be a great fat shredder overall. I'm doing the 20-week hybrid (so I'm using ChaLean Extreme for resistance and TF for cardio) and I'm in week #10. My body is REALLY changing dramatically, especially within the last 2 weeks. My arms have really gottem much shaplier, my abs are flatter and more 'chiseled' looking and my favorite, my butt and thighs are getting smaller (hallelujah!). I also burn FAR more calories in Turbo Fire than I did in Insanity, I think because it involves so much punching and total body moves, wheras Insanity was just a lot of jumping.

Message me if you have any other questions.

I"m finding that I'm not building much upper body strength. Where do you fine the Chalene Extreme/TF hybrid schedule. Is it on the Beach Body website?

The CLX/TF hybrid is actually included in the materials that come with Turbo Fire.
  • Roxie65
    Roxie65 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Good Morning,

I didn't workout last night so this morning I did Fire 55 EZ new to class option and tonite I will do Fire 30 Class and Stretch 10.

Stats:
    71 min
    60 in the zone
    139 min hr
    176 max hr
    460 cals burned.

I haven't burnt this many calories in awhile. I do pretty good on the right side but when she switches left my brain goes dumb just can't seem to get the moves down.
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Good Morning,

I didn't workout last night so this morning I did Fire 55 EZ new to class option and tonite I will do Fire 30 Class and Stretch 10.

Stats:
    71 min
    60 in the zone
    139 min hr
    176 max hr
    460 cals burned.

I haven't burnt this many calories in awhile. I do pretty good on the right side but when she switches left my brain goes dumb just can't seem to get the moves down.

That's funny because I'm the opposite. I do better with the left side moves. I'm right-handed so you would think that I would do better on the right side.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    sorry to butt in but i have a question? is this program ok for people with somewhat bad knees? i have a knee problem (genetic) and when i walk up a lot of stair my knee hurts. also, is there anywhere in-stores to buy the dvd? thanks guys and you are sound like you are doing a fab job!
  • glfprncs2
    Options
    Fire 55 EZ today. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that first finale on that one (with the Capoeira (spelling?)).
  • glfprncs2
    Options
    sorry to butt in but i have a question? is this program ok for people with somewhat bad knees? i have a knee problem (genetic) and when i walk up a lot of stair my knee hurts. also, is there anywhere in-stores to buy the dvd? thanks guys and you are sound like you are doing a fab job!

I have had a 'bum knee' for about 10 years...some small miniscal tears that aren't bad enough for surgery. I actually feel better now that I workout every day. The key, IMO, is to really make sure you're doing the moves properly. When I do the punches, I HAVE to make sure that I actually pick my feet up off the carpet before I twist into the punch, or I may put too much stress on my knees. Same thing goes with the squats and lunges...gotta' have good form.

With regards to the plyometric aspect and knees...everything is modifiable to make it low impact, so the stress on the knees is greatly reduced.

Hope that helps.

Finally...none of Beachbody's products are available in stores. You can get it from the main website, through a coach (like me!) that you would like to work with, or you can take your chances and try to get a copy on e-bay or craigslist. Keep in mind, though, that there are a lot of bootlegs out there and if you have any problems with DVDs (they don't play, they skip, etc.), Beachbody will replace them only if you've ordered through their site or a coach.
  • esharrow
    Options
    Did Fire 55 EZ today...why, oh why, do they call it EZ? I mean, I liked it, and was able to do it all, but I do NOT find it to be EZ!! I don't have a heart rate monitor so when I logged it on MFP as "kickboxing" it gave e 600 calories! Do those with HRMs find that to be fairly accurate?

Let's go gang! Stay motivated! :happy:
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Kind of did my own thing today and did HIIT 15, 30 Day Shred and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Big food day and needed to burn a lot of calories.
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Kind of did my own thing today and did HIIT 15, 30 Day Shred and 20 minutes on the treadmill. Big food day and needed to burn a lot of calories.

Way to go, on making adjustments to your activity to accommodate your day!
  • Amandac6772
    Options

Way to go, on making adjustments to your activity to accommodate your day!

TY...I need to learn to just make better choices on the weeknd but we had a ton of company this weekend and it threw me out of routine...had a great time though...lol!
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Fire 45 today...I was on fiyah with a 394 calorie burn..whoot! whoot! Did 30 day shred yesterday just see what it was all about...I am so freaking sore in my upper body today that I can hardly raise my arms (not a good thing when doing Fire workouts). All in all I can't see myself doing to every day like TF but it will be a great addition in the mix snce TF is weak on the upper body workouts.
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    HIIT 20 and Core 20 today...whoot! whoot!
  • Roxie65
    Options
    Good Evening,

Last night I did TF 45 Class and enjoyed it tonite was Hiit 20 and I only burned 137 cals doesn't seem like alot, then I did stretch 10.
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Good Evening,

Last night I did TF 45 Class and enjoyed it tonite was Hiit 20 and I only burned 137 cals doesn't seem like alot, then I did stretch 10.

Good job Roxie!!! It depends on how well I know the routine and how much I put it in. My best has been 176 calories burned but now I rocked it that day, other days I'm about where you were.
  • Roxie65
    Options
    Good Evening,

Good job Roxie!!! It depends on how well I know the routine and how much I put it in. My best has been 176 calories burned but now I rocked it that day, other days I'm about where you were.

Thanks Amanda thought maybe I wasn't doing something right or working hard enough.
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    HIIT 15 today...love these short workout days~
  • sas16
    sas16 Posts: 610
    Options

Yeah...I did that this morning. I ate kinda crappy yesterday so tried to make up for some of those extra cals. Did CLE Fat Burn Challenge, Fire 30 & Tone 30. 960 cals gone!! Whoo Hoo!!! Glad I invested in a HRM to see what I'm actually burning.
  • Amandac6772
    Options
    Fire 45 today...scales aren't moving much lately but I can tell inches are going. It's been about a month since I measured so I need to do that this weekend to see some progress.