MFP Motorcycle riders

Options
124»

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Suzuki TL1000R 4.jpg

widow makers- don't see them too often!!!

Glad to see the Suzuki love in this thread- even if it is older!!!

I have a slightly upgraded SV 650- woodcraft shocks and upgraded rear spring and I honestly don't remember what we did to my forks- oh stiffer springs and thicker oil- they need a complete work over- my BF had his adjusted- and it's a much better ride than mine. makes me sad- stiffer suspension is moar better.

Oh well- I'll post pictures later.

YAY - glad to see this thead bumped!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    Suzuki TL1000R 4.jpg

widow makers- don't see them too often!!!

Glad to see the Suzuki love in this thread- even if it is older!!!

I have a slightly upgraded SV 650- woodcraft shocks and upgraded rear spring and I honestly don't remember what we did to my forks- oh stiffer springs and thicker oil- they need a complete work over- my BF had his adjusted- and it's a much better ride than mine. makes me sad- stiffer suspension is moar better.

Oh well- I'll post pictures later.

YAY - glad to see this thead bumped!

The "S" model (which came out in 1997) was the one referred to as the Widowmaker. They ironed out the suspension issues JUST enough by the time the "R" model had come out (in 1999) to no longer merit that title. It was still a handful to ride and the rotary rear damper was problematic either way, but it wasn't so bad.

Since the time I originally posted in this thread I have sold my ZX-6R for a '14 Yamaha FZ-09. I've upgraded the suspension. Penske rear shock and Stiffer springs + fork oil.