any ground beef recipe ideas?

2»

Replies

• susiewusie
    susiewusie Posts: 432 Member
    If you go to www.goodtoknow.co.uk you will find loads fo recipes and lots of videos .
  • lpeavy
    lpeavy Posts: 15 Member
    All these sound wonderful! Gonna have to try a few as the hubby gets tired of eating chicken all the time!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    One of our family favorites (although we use ground turkey):

ground meat
    1 can of Rotel (any spice you like)
    About 1 tbsp. of Mrs. Dash Savory seasoning
    sprinkle of garlic and pepper

Cook meat throughly. Drain some of the juice from the Rotel and mix about 1/2 tsp of cornstarch with the reserved juice. Mix it till it thickens. Add reserved juice and can of Rotel to meat and cook it through. Your sauce will thicken. Shred up some lettuce (we use Romaine, has more nutrients than iceberg). We take a small flour tortilla (Azteca soft taco flour tortillas are 150 cals for 2) and spread the meat mixture across the center and then top that with fat free cheddar, lettuce, green bell peppers, fat free sour cream (or plain yogurt) and finely diced onions and then roll it up and enjoy! If you want to cut the carbs, omit the tortilla and have a salad instead. Super easy and super quick!
  • funny I have just made it this evening.
    It is a 'fake lasagne'
    - Make a sauce with the beef like you would for bolognese. I generally add
    mince
    onions
    peppers
    olives
    1 oxo cube
    a bit of red wine
    1 or 2 tins of tomatoes

Let the sauce cook for at least 20 minutes

- Get some whole aubergines and cut them lenghways (if you struggle just cut them in round slices, that would work too). It probably takes 2 large ones to fill one whole dish.
    Grill the aubergines on a non stick frying pan until they are soft. I use spray oil.

Get an oven dish and assemble it as if the augergines were the lasagne sheets. I layer of saunce, one of aubergines. Do maybe 3 layers.
    Top it with parmesan cheese, or blended cottage cheese (so as the bits are smooth) and put it in the oven for another 30 min,

It is absolutely yummy and even my husband who hates vegetables loved it!
  • Bump!
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    bump
  • whouwannab
    whouwannab Posts: 350 Member
    Mustard Burgers

Brown and crumble ground beef in skillet, drain off fat. To that add dried minced onion and yellow mustard. Mix and heat through. Serve on hamburger bun. Easy and yummy. Sorta like a mustard sloppy joe.You can serve a side of tater tots, or green beans and applesauce for the kids.
  • bump!! :flowerforyou:
  • TACOS :) brown the meat and add lettuce, cheese, whatever you like to it. I prefer soft tocos and tend to buy wheat tortillas. Hmm.. think i need to pick up some meat, tacos sound yummy for dinner :laugh:

Oh, mac and cheese with ground beef...mmm

Now I'm hungry lol
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    bump sounds yummy i'll have to try a few. Thanks guys!
  • rinren84
    rinren84 Posts: 82 Member
    Cheeseburger Soup

1 lb 93% lean beef or ground turkey
    2 Large Potatoes, chopped, skins on
    1/2 onion, chopped
    2 carrots or several baby carrots chopped
    1 stalk of celery, chopped
    1 Tbsp Beef bouillon
    2 Tbsp Flour
    2 1/2 cups milk
    1 cup water
    1-2 cups 2 % shredded cheddar

Brown beef/turkey, add potatoes, onion, carrots, and celery. Saute until semi soft. Add Beef bouillon and water. Bring to a boil and let simmer 10 minutes. Add flour to 1/2 cup milk, stir well and mix in well. Add remaining 2 cups milk and stir until thicker. Add cheese and stir until mixed in. I salt and pepper everything along the way. And only add about 1 cup cheese sometimes, other 2....just depends how cheesy I am filling.

Erin's Homemade Cheeseburger Soup (search) for nutrition facts. 1 good size bowl is about 1 1/2 cups. About 350 cals. Less if you use turkey.
This discussion has been closed.