Fit For Future Families 2

Options

Replies

• H_82
    H_82 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Woo hoo! Hey ladies! This is my kind of board!!

Dh & I have been TTC for 2 years now. We've tried everything, so now we are resorting to IVF. In the last 2 years, I've gained about 20lbs....10 of which are from just the last month or so. I blame it on the fertility meds & not being able to work out in the two week wait for fear of losing a possible pregnancy (better safe than sorry). So we are hopefully going to be starting IVF next month & I'd like to lose a fair amount of weight before all of the injection start (which will be November).

I've been trying to jump start my running (I used to do just 3 miles a day), now I'm trying to do 5-6miles & I want to start adding back in P90X & the brazilian butt lift.

I look forward to meeting all of you & feel free to ask me any questions... or if you're just looking for support! :)

Heather
  • epa422
    epa422 Posts: 1,009
    Options
    I've been trying to jump start my running (I used to do just 3 miles a day), now I'm trying to do 5-6miles & I want to start adding back in P90X & the brazilian butt lift.

Heather, I've read that strenuous activities are not good when TTC. Much like in pregnancy, they recommend you keep your heart rate under 140... I imagine that you're going to stop once you have the IVF done, but I just wanted to throw that out there just in case. :flowerforyou:
  • H_82
    Options

Heather, I've read that strenuous activities are not good when TTC. Much like in pregnancy, they recommend you keep your heart rate under 140... I imagine that you're going to stop once you have the IVF done, but I just wanted to throw that out there just in case. :flowerforyou:

I've read that the heart rate depends on your body - some people were fine w/ it even being at 150-160.... but yes, once I get closer to the IVF "protocol" I'll start taking it a bit easier & discuss it all w/ the doctors. I would love to keep running throughout my pregnancy (if allowed) & stay fit, so I don't want to completely stop either. But I'm mainly doing this to shed some poundage before more gets added back on (from both meds & possible pregnancy). :)
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    Today has been a strange day for me....i'm feeling quite tired and yawning wayy too much even though I had about 9 hrs of sleep and I just feel blah. I wonder if it's the season change??

Thanks fitterpam for sharing. Yeah, my doc mentioned how some women can bleed for an entire month and kept talking about how resilient a woman's body really is. I think I officially stopped AF yesterday whew but now i'm off on when i'll be ovulating for the month. I guess just try every other day for the month haha....i've never tried the basal temp stuff do you have to have special equipment? Thanks everyone.

Welcome H_82!
  • H_82
    Options
    Today has been a strange day for me....i'm feeling quite tired and yawning wayy too much even though I had about 9 hrs of sleep and I just feel blah. I wonder if it's the season change??

Thanks fitterpam for sharing. Yeah, my doc mentioned how some women can bleed for an entire month and kept talking about how resilient a woman's body really is. I think I officially stopped AF yesterday whew but now i'm off on when i'll be ovulating for the month. I guess just try every other day for the month haha....i've never tried the basal temp stuff do you have to have special equipment? Thanks everyone.

Welcome H_82!

Thanks for the welcoming! As for the basal temp... you just need a basal body temp. thermometer (pretty basic & cheap), for an under the tongue reading. I got mine off of amazon.com, just b/c I ordered some other stuff too. I only did that for maybe a month or two b/c I kept waking up at different times. My cycles are also irregular. This month we're going at it on our own (before ivf) & who knows when my ovulation day will be. Who knew our bodies were so complicated, right!?
  • epa422
    Options
    pmaria, along with the basal thermometer (I got mine from Target), you also need some way to track the change in temperatures. You can do it in Excel or use an online program like Fertility Friend. I posted a link to my charts on another page... but here it is again: http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2df531

You can do it on paper, too... most thermometers come with sample logs. However, it can't really tell you when you're going to ovulate, just if you have.

OPKs can help you figure out if you're about to ovulate (they detect the LH surge before you release an egg) but they're more expensive than a thermometer.
  • epa422
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Heather. I rarely keep my heart rate below 140 if I'm really pushing myself, so I'm glad to know 150-160 is ok, too. :smile:
  • H_82
    Options
    Thanks for the info, Heather. I rarely keep my heart rate below 140 if I'm really pushing myself, so I'm glad to know 150-160 is ok, too. :smile:
    That's what I recently heard someplace (don't know where - probably some "doctors" show or online). I think as long as you know what your body can do, don't get overheated & drink plenty of water, you'll be fine. Think of all the women that continue their exercising or running throughout their entire pregnancy! (I would love to be that type of person!). I'm also looking for a heart rate monitor - but have yet to find one where it's only the wrist type & fairly inexpensive, but not a piece of crap either...
  • epa422
    Options
    [Think of all the women that continue their exercising or running throughout their entire pregnancy! (I would love to be that type of person!).

Yeah, but they're also the people who got pregnant without having to try very hard. I'm definitely not one of those. :laugh:

As for HRM, I found this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030ZRPKK/ref=oss_product

It works fine, though it sometimes loses my heart rate if I move from the floor to standing too fast.
  • H_82
    Options
    [Think of all the women that continue their exercising or running throughout their entire pregnancy! (I would love to be that type of person!).

Yeah, but they're also the people who got pregnant without having to try very hard. I'm definitely not one of those. :laugh:

As for HRM, I found this one on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0030ZRPKK/ref=oss_product

It works fine, though it sometimes loses my heart rate if I move from the floor to standing too fast.
    Thanks, that's definitely good to know! I marked it, so I know where to find it to compare. Yeah, darn people who don't have to try! ;)
  • Mellie13
    Options
    I got my basil thermometer in the pharmacy section of walmart with the other thermometers for a little over $8. Target here didn't carry them. But, I have a funny story. I was talking to DH about how I needed to do it every day, first thing and that it would take 60 seconds to read. I told him I had to do it before moving much, drinking, going to the bathroom or talking. I don't remember at what point in the conversation, but her had this look on his face like he had just figured something out and he told me that he thought the thermometer went in the vag and had realized that it was like a regular thermometer, yuk!
  • H_82
    Options
    Mellie13 - I've actually heard/read of people taking it "down there". Not for me though!
  • Mellie13
    Options
    The package specifically says do not put this in your vagina. For oral use only. :laugh:
  • epa422
    Options
    Mellie, my husband gave me the same look when I told him I was going to start temping. And yes, there are women that disregard that notice. Apparently, it's more accurate, especially if you often sleep with your mouth open. I figure, orally is accurate enough. :laugh:
  • maxwell76
    Options
    Hi All,
    I have never posted on a forum before, but have found all of your posts really interesting and motivating.

My OH and I have been TTC and have MC 3 times in the last 12 months all before 12 weeks. We are currently awaiting blood test results to find out why it us happening. In the meantime I have decided to do something about my weight so that I am healthy and at the right weight when we do TTC next time.

I have started Diet Chef as my portion control is awful and I could eat the same as my OH, which I think was where I was going wrong! I am finding it great so far but only 2 days in, so will be interested to see how much I have lost by the end of the week. I stuck to lighter life before for 14 weeks just drinking milkshakes, so I think I will manage eating real food!

SW: 190.8lbs
    MG: 154lbs
    GW: 133lbs

Best of luck to everyone with their weight losses and TTC!
    x
  • H_82
    Options
    maxwell76 - welcome! I hope it all goes well for you: both the blood tests & the portion control. I'm not sure what you've all tried to get pregnant or stay pregnant...but have you tried prometrium? After my IUI's, I'd start on that to sustain a pregnancy if one occured....Just a thought :)
  • pmaria10
    pmaria10 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    thanks for the info ericaroo i think i'll swing by target some time this week. I laughed out loud at your comments about ppl taking their temps down below.
  • maxwell76
    Options
    Thanks H_82,
    What is prometrium/ what are IUI's?
    :smile:
  • AlisaToth
    AlisaToth Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Ladies!

Welcome newbies! I know you all will love this group as much as i do! :heart:
    Going to rant for a moment...

So this week is SO off for me...I'm exhausted from all that i've had going on with birthday parties and babyshowers but my mind is RACING so sleeping is next to impossible. AF is "Supposed" to be here Thursday, but since the Hubster comes home Friday (woohoo!!) I just started a new BC ring when I removed the old one...i FEEL like i have wicked bad PMS, sore boobs, insatiable appetite, cranky...hopefully the hormones will kick in and i'll bypass AF....

After this week i hope things will slow down. I feel like i'm not eating right...and yet i question EVERYTHING i eat so when i do eat bad it's not even like i'm satisfying a craving it's more like TRYING to eat good but completely missing the mark...I have ZERO motivation to exercise right now. My son came home friday with headlice AGAIN :grumble: (or possibly just left over from last weekend's fiasco) we ended up just shaving his head...i couldn't handle trying to pick every little thing out (ewwwww:sick: )and then come to find out I got them too! So with my hubby gone i had to "treat" myself (saying a prayer that i got them all...) I have done more laundry and vacuuming and spraying and washing and re-washing i can't even think straight. I've lost track of what is dirty in my house! and to top it all off! I get to do it ALL over again!!

I hope you guy's week is going better then mine. I'm pretty much ready for it to be over with. So then atleast my hubby would be home to help me clean and wash everything :-)
  • H_82
    Options
    Thanks H_82,
    What is prometrium/ what are IUI's?
    :smile:
    Prometrium is Progesterone.
    IUI: Intrauterine insemination.... basically like being basted w/ spermies ;) hehe
    I've been TTC for 2 years & have done many different things... those being just a couple.