Pear shaped ladies

Options

Replies

• fittoday14
    fittoday14 Posts: 128
    Options
    Photos help, too by showing you what you exaggerate in your mind. I have pear measurements, and I've always had a big bum/hips relative to my short stature, but when I look at my progress photos, there's nothing really disproportional about me at all.

That said, I think pear-shaped women are so beautiful!

da00fe9b-bdc1-496d-ac41-6a100da02550_zps606908ec.jpg

I look more like you (shape). What is that, Do you know?
  • lisaanne1369
    lisaanne1369 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    little in the middle but I got a big back!
  • lizzi633
    lizzi633 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips ladies! I am a pear too with lots of cellulite on the things/hips/booty. Looking to tone up and slim down. Any tips for workouts are greatly appreicated! :wink:
  • LadyRush
    LadyRush Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I put my pear shape to work bellydancing! It is HARD work! Tones my muscles and my booty looks awesome doing hip movements! It is also fun and promotes awesome self esteem!
  • ashleycde
    ashleycde Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    Here, I was able to find a pic! You can see that my bum is still the biggest part of me, but I can tell you it's half the size it was at 143 lbs. I wouldn't mind if it got bigger due to building muscles in my gluts, I just don't want the dreaded dimples I was starting to get 10 lbs ago. The good news about those dreaded dimples is that they do go away. In fact, I'm almost dimple free now! Not quite, but we're getting there.

11c5zl3.jpg

That's what I love about being a pear - you get to keep your booty!! You look AMAZING!!!!!!

Thanks love! I know, I think one of my biggest fears in weight loss was losing my butt because it's so much a part of who I am, but I'm realizing that isn't going to happen anytime soon. I don't have much weight less to lose, so I'm hoping to just lose that last little bit so that when I start to gain muscle, the definition will show. Only shame about being a pear though, is that I do lose my bust. My breasts got huge 10 lbs ago, and have only become a little smaller now, but I can't imagine they would stay if I get down to the weight I was before the gain (though, fingers crossed they might!)
  • JamieMommy1985
    JamieMommy1985 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    You guys all look great!
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Before 210 - 40-35-50, 30 thigh

4691731_4736.jpg

Current 164.0 - 37-27-43.5. 25 thigh

Goal is another 10-15lbs, and to hopefully see my lower half finally start to catch up to my upper. I am lucky that I have broad shoulders so it gives me the "look" of being a bit more even then I really am.
  • kshadows
    kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
    Options
    I turned into a pear (I think) after I had my daughter...I used to be much more hourglass shaped. I'm not as full in the butt (my butt is actually pretty flat) but my hips/thighs is where almost all my weight is right now. I'm down about 20 pounds (35 to go) but I feel like my hips are never going to be as small as they used to be. My measurements are currently: Natural waist-32 hips-40. I'm planning to add some resistance training and hoping that helps slim things down in the thigh department.

c8331a12-393e-4d5b-b131-ae1d0dd3a636_zpsd4952865.jpg
  • ajsdream
    ajsdream Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I love seeing the pics - keep coming with them!!

Has anyone done any kettlebell swings to help with the lower body?? I am starting to incorporate them into my exercise program, and I swear I could feel it from the top of my butt down to my knees + inner thighs.
  • votkuhr
    votkuhr Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Oh wow! I forgot about this until I received a fair bit of friend requests regarding pears! :laugh:

Anyway, here are some of the questions answered:

How long did it take you to lose 20 pounds?
    It took 4 - 5 months of sticking to my calorie intake and having a good mix of workouts. Of course I have my weekly cheat day (around 20 - 40% more than my usual intake).

How tall are you?
    Almost 5"4 (maybe if I tiptoe)! 164 cm to be exact.

Do you count calories?
    Every single day... and perhaps even when I'm asleep. :laugh: On a more serious note, counting calories and being honest with logging (if you're using the diary) is where it's at. It helps to know exactly what goes in so you know you're really on track!

Advice
    Everything in moderation. Eat just right; not too little and not too much - neither of the two are good for you.
    Also, be patient. They call it a weight loss journey for a reason. It may take a while, but it definitely will teach you to be more forgiving and loving towards your body. Bonus example: I recently hit my plateau and was very "WTF AM I DOING WRONG" for a good month. I pushed on and things are going great now - I'm very thankful for the support and cheering on I got!

ALL THE BEST EVERYONE! Let's keep the fighting spirit up!

I haven't posted a proper follow up to the pictures. So here's one fresh from the gym:

This is tonight at 143.3 lbs. (Bonus NSV: I'm happy about my collar bones! They weren't there a year ago!)
    2quoq5l.jpg

29didfa.jpg
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    This is tonight at 143.3 lbs. (Bonus NSV: I'm happy about my collar bones! They weren't there a year ago!)
    2quoq5l.jpg

You look even better! Fabulous work :smile:. I could use the inspiration for after this baby is born at the end of May - expect a friend request!
  • nattygyrl
    Options
    I appreciate everyone sharing. I'm a 200+ pear. SO this is extremely motivating!
  • mochicakes92
    mochicakes92 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hello from another pear!

I've lost about 20 lbs from lots of cardio (running, HIIT) with the occasional weights. But I've learnt to love and accept the fact that we can't spot reduce fat - so we just have to burn, baby, burn.

Posting my before and after pictures here and you can see despite the 20 lbs loss, my thighs and hips are still fairly chunky. I'm doing more leg curls, extensions and squats as compared to before just to define those areas a bit more.

In terms of sizing, I used to wear UK 14 tops and bottoms; whereas now I can fit into a UK 10/12 top and UK 12 bottom.

What I can suggest is that if you don't like raining, you can check out fitness blender on youtube for their high-intensity interval training videos. All you need is space, a good pair of sports shoes (to absorb impact from jumps, etc) and maybe a yoga mat. They're quite challenging, but very rewarding! Take longer breaks in between if you need to, but always remember to keep your heart rate up.

All the very best! :)

29didfa.jpg

WOW!!! You look AMAZING!
  • votkuhr
    Options
    Hi everyone! :flowerforyou:

Just dropping by again for another half-naked update, lol. This is me currently. Progress has been slow (and not very visible), but it's still progress! Not a lot of difference from 2nd pic to the 3rd, but I'm working on that now. Planning to build some muscle in the future.

I've grabbed a copy of "The New Rules of Lifting for Women" thanks to your kind advice on starting a strength training plan. We'll see how it goes! :)

Go go, my pear-shaped friends! We can do this! :smooched:

2r1zvgz.jpg
  • votkuhr
    Options
    PS: I’ve also gone done from sizes UK 10/12 (14/16 at the start) to UK 8/10. Whoop whoop! I’m smaller on top, so I’m also starting to choose sizes ‘M’ over ‘L’ now.

Fitness: When I started my journey, I had lots of difficulty completing even 1.5 KM with slow jogging. Right now, I can do about 6 – 7 KM and still feel okay. When I take the stairs, I find that I run out of breath less easily now and my posture is different to boot! I used to round my back / slouch while I drag my feet up. Right now, it’s a straight back, head up, and my legs sort of raise on their own, lol.

Confidence: I feel a lot more confident now, not in what I wear, but with the activities I’m getting myself into. Recently, I tried out white water rafting with friends (awesome! :love: ) and in June, I’m gonna try my hand at noob surfing in Bali. Aaand if my body is ready, maybe in a bikini! ;)
  • tinkbaby101
    tinkbaby101 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Bumping for pear inspiration! :happy: Amazing changes, ladies!
  • Shalini_15
    Shalini_15 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Bumping for more :)
  • slimbettie
    slimbettie Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    PS: I’ve also gone done from sizes UK 10/12 (14/16 at the start) to UK 8/10. Whoop whoop! I’m smaller on top, so I’m also starting to choose sizes ‘M’ over ‘L’ now.

Fitness: When I started my journey, I had lots of difficulty completing even 1.5 KM with slow jogging. Right now, I can do about 6 – 7 KM and still feel okay. When I take the stairs, I find that I run out of breath less easily now and my posture is different to boot! I used to round my back / slouch while I drag my feet up. Right now, it’s a straight back, head up, and my legs sort of raise on their own, lol.

Confidence: I feel a lot more confident now, not in what I wear, but with the activities I’m getting myself into. Recently, I tried out white water rafting with friends (awesome! :love: ) and in June, I’m gonna try my hand at noob surfing in Bali. Aaand if my body is ready, maybe in a bikini! ;)

Thanks for updating!! You are very inspiring!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Sorry bout no bikini pics, but I think u can see the difference still

I'm 5'1

Startweight: 150
    8fwXlEE.jpg

!40:
    kaOvZrl.jpg

117:
    eEts0RU.jpg

Last week, 106:
    kT2mAjB.jpg

For good measure, size 32 to size 0/24-25
    U1JPwEJ.jpg
  • lili61
    lili61 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Sorry bout no bikini pics, but I think u can see the difference still

I'm 5'1

Wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!