Did you take down your Christmas decorations?

Options
Lisa1971
Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
I am amazed at how many people still have their trees and decorations up. Mine are GONE and I'm glad! Do you still have yours up? For how long? My MIL will take hers down next July some time I am sure. LOL!:laugh:

Replies

• Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    Everything but the window stickers. Those have been there two years.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    My wonderful daughter took the tree down this past weekend. I finally have them all down LOL
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    My kids refused to help me take everything down. They are sad it's all over and wished Santa could come every single night. LOL!
  • JefferyArnold
    JefferyArnold Posts: 1,479 Member
    Options
    I try to get everything down before January 2nd... I figure, why live in the past?
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Yup, but there are a few stragglers that got missed in the cleanup.
  • walterm852
    walterm852 Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    We always do it Jan 1 or 2 depending on the work week. If its too inclimate to take down the outside lights (on the gutters, etc) we unplug them. Then we enjoy teasing the neighbors ...LOL. Cant blame the kids ... my little guy wants the elf on the self back in the house.
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    My husband would leave everything up until March if I let him. We leave ours up until the 12 days of Christmas are over. I just started putting mine away. It will all be gone by the end of the weekend.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    I still have my tree up thanks to my son, LOL. If it were up to him, it would stay up all year but it's coming down TODAY, finally!
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I always take down my tree and inside decorations on New Years Day, but because of the amount of ice we've had, my outside decorations didn't come down until last weekend. They were unplugged on New Years Day though. My neighbour leaves his lights up all year, which drives me crazy. We've actually offered to take them down for him....didn't work. Grrr.
  • RaeLB
    RaeLB Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    My tree is still up. I want it down but not enough to do the work. I'll pay someone with baked goods to come take it down.
  • looneytunes32
    looneytunes32 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    The tree is down and most of the other decorations are down, but not packed up. Excuses, excuses....my son was home from college so I didn't want to do it then, I was sick and just wanted to sleep, and now I'm working a zillion hours a week. It'll get there though. Obviously doesn't bother the hubs too much or he would actually help.
  • Pain_Train
    Options
    every thing comes down new years day that's rule around my house
  • lexbubbles
    lexbubbles Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Mine always go up on the first day of advent (closest Sunday to dec 1) and come down after Christmastide has ended, immediately after the Twelfth Night (first thing on Jan 6). It's considered bad luck to do otherwise (either earlier or later!)

People's normal reaction to this is 'but you're not even religious!'. Which is true, but my mother was Roman Catholic and old habits die hard, or something :laugh: Anyway, it's nice to keep some little traditions going.
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Took mine down the day after. I was DONE
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    This is how it is done.
    christmas-tree-shrink-wrapped-w-decorations-225x300.jpg
    That's legit. Want.
  • 1113cw
    1113cw Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    This is how it is done.
    christmas-tree-shrink-wrapped-w-decorations-225x300.jpg

I have TOTALLY thought how feasible this could be!!! LOL
    No joke, my friend who happens to have an enormous closet just moved the tree ornaments and all, into it and threw a sheet over it. How I wish I could do that!!!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of decorations for holidays (burnt out from an ex who always went full Griswold)

We didn't even do a tree this season. Just a vintage fabric wreath made by me, stockings, kitchen towels, and 1-2 holiday themed knick-knacks. That stuff was all packed away on Dec. 26th.
  • mochamommy
    mochamommy Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Everything but the tree. The cats like it so much its hard to take it down. It's like a giant 12 ft toy in he dining room.