Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Which is more blue, love or paper bags?

I'd say "apple"~
    Chopsticks!!
  • PTomnay
    PTomnay Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure, but this is from someone who has been skinny all her life except for the last 10 years. I finally went through a weight loss program at my gym. Weight loss is 70% food, 30% exercise. Here's what I learned:

1. Aim for 1 or 2 lb. weight loss each week.
    2. Drink 1/2 of your body weight in ounces of water each day (i.e. if you weight 150, drink 75 oz.). It's hard only for the first two days, after that you crave water. But this is critical.
    3. Get 30%of your caloric intake from protein. If you are on a 1200 calorie diet, 30% of that is 360. It takes 4 calories to = 1 gram of protein, so 360 / 4 = 90 grams of protein each day. Not as hard as you think, but it forces you to stay away from potatoes/rice/pasta.
    4. 5 servings of fruits and veggies each day, leaning toward veggies since fruit, even fresh, is loaded with sugar. Keep sugar down to 25 grams.
    5. Fiber = 25 grams each day.
    6. Carbs - 120 each day, all will probably come from vegetables and some fruit.
    7. Track, track, track. You will soon find which foods are good for you, especially the protein part. Not like an Atkins diet because you are encourage to eat carbs (veggies) and can have some sugar. But protein, and water, are the keys.
    8. When you buy anything at the grocery store, look at the % of fat and sugar. Fat should be 5% or less, sugar the same. Check the protein, and more importantly, the servings. Weight Watchers brags about their Progressive soups with 0 points,s but a can of soup has 2 servings. If you eat the whole can (who can stop at 1/2 can?), you are now at 2 of their points.
    9. I eat Pure Protein bars every day, but only 1/2. Each bar is 200 calories with 20 grams of protein. So 1/2 is perfect, tastes like a candy bar.
    10. I make a protein shake every morning to get me going. I've discovered that these shakes are a major key to weight loss.

Good luck. I can tell you that I started tracking my weight on this website at 175.5. I now weigh 150. This is after a fabulous vacation in Bermuda, drinking and eating everything in sight, and after the Christmas/New Year's holidays. Took a while, but there is nothing more satisfying than trying on new clothes and they fit.

Another point - the database at MyFitness is unbelievable. It has all the brands and most of the restaurants, so plan before you go out. I do, and it's working.

Good luck!
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    This may have been asked already, but...How accurate are your exercise calories? Are you using a HRM? If not, how are you sure you're not overestimating your burns?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

I'm not criticizing you, but 1,300 is not maintenance for many people. Eating back exercise calories is important to fuel the body, and a person should not wait until they are weak.

I agree, but OP is trying to lose weight, so she needs a deficit. 1300 may not be her maintenance, but 1700-2000 probably is. If she's stayed the same for a month, she's probably not at a deficit.