Fitbit Users - Has anyone experienced this?

Options

Replies

• Pie3
    Pie3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit Flex and have encounter no problems with rashes. I also wear a Polar Loop and no problems with rashes with it either.
  • IsilethAwesome
    Options
    I've been wearing my Fitbit Flex non-stop since middle October, only take it off for showers and recharge. No rashes or discomfort whatsoever.
  • graceire
    graceire Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my Flex since right around Christmas, including wearing it in the shower. I don't always take it off to dry it inside. I've had no problems with it at all. I wear it somewhat loosely, but not excessively so.

I've heard that Fitbit is good about either replacing them or providing a different type (i.e. switching out the flex for the one, etc.).
  • Arydria
    Arydria Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have had a fitbit one since February 2012. I wear it clipped to my bra.
    Got a Force at Christmas. It does make my wrist break out so I keep it in my pocket.
    I have been using both to see how close the numbers are. But the Force is the one I have linked to the Fitbit site. I keep the one charged and use it everyday sill. I like to see the difference in numbers.

What kind of differences are you noticing? I have (and use) a One that I keep clipped to my waistband, and got a Force for Christmas. I worry about accuracy of the Force with swinging my arms (or not swinging, when carrying something). But I like the convenience of looking at my wrist to see my steps.

Do you have a favorite yet?
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Arydria, I like them both. I really like the feature on the Force that an alarm goes off when you reach 10,000 steps. It is kind of motivating and I like that. I do like the clip on feature of the One as I did get a rash on my wrist from the Force. I do have a kind of sensitivity to some metals so that is probably the reason I got the rash. I am going to continue to use them both. I have found that the Force picks up more of the steps so far. Neither one picks up all the steps on the machines I use, but I am fine with that. My biggest reason for using them is motivation to move more and for that it works extremely well! Love that!
  • nilbogger
    nilbogger Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing mine non-stop for a month (other than showers and charging) and it's been fine. Just keep your wrist clean and don't wear the band too tight.
  • sillyvalentine
    sillyvalentine Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    After reading the article, it sounds more like a personal allergy or sensitivity than something wrong with the product. Besides, they are offering full refunds if you do get a rash.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I've had my flex since they became available last May. I've worn it every day, all day, with the exception of when I shower. I haven't had so much as a minor skin irritation. FitBit did replace the band once because it seperated at the junction of the band/ view strip. Other than that not even so much as redness. I do take it off occaisionally and wipe the band down with hand sanitizer or rubbing alcohol.
  • Collier78
    Collier78 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Arydria, I like them both. I really like the feature on the Force that an alarm goes off when you reach 10,000 steps. It is kind of motivating and I like that. I do like the clip on feature of the One as I did get a rash on my wrist from the Force. I do have a kind of sensitivity to some metals so that is probably the reason I got the rash. I am going to continue to use them both. I have found that the Force picks up more of the steps so far. Neither one picks up all the steps on the machines I use, but I am fine with that. My biggest reason for using them is motivation to move more and for that it works extremely well! Love that!

You can set your flex to do the same. You just have to change your goal on your dashboard to reflect steps instead of the default calories. :-) Mine vibrates and flashes when I hit my step goal.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I have been wearing my flex 24/7 (except for charging) since essentially launch day and have never had any irritation. I read the thread here, so I knew some folks saw irritation, but I've had none. I have a friend who gets a rash from a watch. I assume it's very dependent on who the person is.
  • somefitsomefat
    somefitsomefat Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    A small percentage of users out of millions have a relatively minor issue and may have to choose from one of several other competing products? Scandal!
  • o2bfit3
    o2bfit3 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's terrible. I was deciding between the Force and Flex, but I'll go with the Flex now!
    There is a thread on here about irritation from the Flex, too. I'd get a One.

I kind of roll my eyes at the people who let their rash get that bad (photos in the article). I mean, cmon, if your skin doesn't like it, don't wear it for a month.

lol my thoughts too :\ take it off at the first sign of irritation. I guess I would be hesitant thought too, if i had just spent that much money on it hahaha
    Unfortunately what happens is that the rash keeps getting worse after you stop wearing it. The product is defective and whatever is leaking out of it is a vessicant (which means it burns under the skin). I hope everyone continues to enjoy their Fitbits though!
  • Pie3
    Pie3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just saw this so if anyone needs a refund because they've gotten rashes, this link is for you.
    http://www.techlicious.com/blog/fitbit-offering-refunds-after-fitbit-force-users-report-rashes/
  • yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I have the most sensitive skin in the world, and my Force doesn't give me any rashes. I keep it lose enough that my skin can breathe, plus I don't really ever get it wet.
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    Options
    As I think I saw mentioned, it's due to nickel allergies and sensitivities (Fitbit confirmed that there's nickel in the steel in that area of the unit, and that's a relatively common allergy). I have a terrible one (have to put nail polish on my jeans buttons, stuff like that), so I'm glad I saw this before I got one of these (I have a One that's working great and I LOVE, no issues, so I probably wouldn't have any time soon anyway, but still). But, if you aren't sensitive to nickel, it shouldn't be an issue for you.
  • Rerun201
    Rerun201 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my Fitbit Flex non-stop since middle October, only take it off for showers and recharge. No rashes or discomfort whatsoever.

^Ditto^
  • seattlegryphon
    Options
    I've had the Flex and now the Force for several months, never had a rash. But I do not wear it skin tight either. I've seen people wearing it tight like a watchband and never take it off. I take it off to shower, and sometimes to sleep (since I don't use the sleep tracker part).
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    i have the flex. got it a week before the force came out. no rash and i love it.
  • Jhammel85
    Options
    I've been wearing my force for about a month now with no issues. Whether I'm active or not, so far, so good.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    remove flex, wash wrist and dry, attach flex. repeat once a day.

problem solved.