30 DAY SHRED

Options

Replies

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    Its great to see so many doing the 30DS!

I am on day 3 Level 2 and can really feel and see it working!

I was just curious what you guys log for your exercise and calories burned. I know it varies from person to person...but what do you log?

I am 39 yrs old, 5'8" and weigh 140.
    I log 20 minutes and 188 calories burned
  • chickenpie
    chickenpie Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    hi all, i'm about to do Day 4 of level 1, weirdly i'm still enjoying it - although the day after doing day2 (i do it at night) was worst, my leggies were jelly & going downstairs as a challenge (as was lowering self onto the loo haha)

i read somewhere to log it as 20 mins of circuit training so thats what i do...

good plan re the calendar, i'm mentally counting off the days & keep telling my husband how many days to go!

also good question re level 2, anyone else know if it's available anywhere before I buy from amazon...

x
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I also started it on Tuesday 1/14, I'll be doing day 3 level 1 tonight. Wooo hoo! I need motivation!
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    KATNOTFAT - I made myself a chart as well so that could check off the days that I have completed and see my progress! I feel so godo when I get to check a day off.

MamaFunky - I have a HRM and log what it says that I have burned. I added the exercise and named it JM 30DS.
  • EmpoweringMe331
    Options
    I love this DVD. The longest I lasted was 14 days. You will feel reults quickly. I have added this to my weight training DVDs and I have been doing this about 2 times a week. I need a variety and its been hard for me to do this daily. I alternate this DVD with my Firm DVDs. Good luck!
  • chickenpie
    Options
    25 days to go :) still weirdly loving it...

x
  • brummyminx
    brummyminx Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    How much it claim that you can lose?

Any dietary changes?
  • ebhemp
    ebhemp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Just started tonight, first time ever, and O my GAWD am I out of shape! That was tough! I gained a ton of weight during my pregnancy due to being on rest and because of the medications I had to take, and 2 1/2 years later, I haven't lost a pound. I have never been this heavy, this tired, or this out of shape!
    I tell you what though, I'm looking forward to comparing my day 1 pics with my day 30 pics (really day 40 for me - I am going to a Mardi Gras ball in exactly 42 days, so I need to tone up as much as possible. Mardi Gras ballgowns tend to be strapless or sleeveless, so I need to focus on my arms and shoulders)!
  • katnotfat
    katnotfat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, Ebhemp! That Mardi Gras Ball sounds like so much fun!! I'm excited to see the results too!

My toughest times are weekends and I totally didn't work out this weekend at all. Booooooo. Today, I tried to make up for it by jogging to the Walgreens down the street which is a couple blocks away and walking back instead of driving and did my work out when I got back. 30DS workout #3 done.

For those who are doing it a few times a week, do you guys count 30 days of work outs or just 30 days in the month with your 3 or whatnot work outs a week? I'm thinking of maybe sticking with at least 5 days a week but will do probably one or two days off during the week. Just curious. :) Happy Monday all!
  • JenBot
    JenBot Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I started it on 1/6 and have done level one for 9 days. I skipped a day here and there. Tonight will be day 10, tomorrow I will move on to level 2. I haven't jumped on the scale since last week, I'm trying to weigh in only once at the beginning of each month. Also taking a pic at the beginning of each month to track my progress. Good luck everyone!
  • addieblue
    addieblue Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I started today with the shred and I am super excited! I didn't believe that I can do even the first training but I managed and I am feeling happy throughout the whole day :) I am combining it with a high protein/low carb diet I was doing from before so I hope I am going to have some nice results soon. Good luck to everybody:)
  • katnotfat
    Options
    Getting ready to do my day D4! I ended up doing both 30DS and 6 Weeks to 6 Pack yesterday. I had just found it on youtube and wanted to try it out. I'm soooo sooore today!
  • ebhemp
    ebhemp Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For those who are doing it a few times a week, do you guys count 30 days of work outs or just 30 days in the month with your 3 or whatnot work outs a week? I'm thinking of maybe sticking with at least 5 days a week but will do probably one or two days off during the week. Just curious. :) Happy Monday all!

I am going to count each workout as 1 day. So basically I will do the workout 30 times, and my guess is it will take 5 to 6 weeks...I have a feeling my weekends will be my recovery time, but of course I can't really say how I'll feel 2 or 3 weeks from now. I did my first workout on Friday and it took 2 days to recover...I am beyond out of shape.
  • chickenpie
    Options
    I plan doing 30 days of the dvd also, should be day 9 for me but am going to have a day off as have a stinking cold.. I reckon instead of doing it lacklustre i'd be better to try get more energy & get a more intense work-out tomorrow........ the first two or three days were worst for me but it does get easier ! am nervous of level 2 tho !

x
  • iwamelie
    Options
    I start yesterday :o) Good luck to all
  • katnotfat
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, Chickenpie and Ebhemp about how you count your workouts and I totally agree!

I haven't gotten to level 2 this time around yet, but tried it once last time I attempted (and failed) 30DS and I thought it was pretty fun! I'm looking forward to a change in pace. Excited that today is going to be workout #5 for me today! I'll probably stick with weekends being my recovery days as well.

Since I get a little sick of hearing Jillian talk (haha, sorry if that's just me) I put Spotify on my phone and let it play out loud and I turn her volume down. I've got her routine down enough that I can pay attention and switch when they do. That's one way that I switch it up right now to keep me motivated.

Hope everyone is keeping up with their workouts and having a good week!!!
  • chickenpie
    Options
    hi all, i should be doing day 9 tonight... am not decided yet if i'll do it, my cold is worse & have swollen glands in my armpit so common sense says to rest but I actually miss it :(

hope everyone else if well ! xx
  • NatalieLJ
    NatalieLJ Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hi guys, can I join in too? :)
    Just completed level 1, day 2 of 30DS. Much easier than day 1 I'm glad to report lol! Some weeks I'll be doing mornings, some evenings as I shift work, so hope that won't matter.
    Really need to shift this extra stone of Christmas/winter padding I'm carrying round and tone up finally. Been dieting really carefully for 2 weeks now and not lost a single pound :(
  • katnotfat
    Options
    Yay, NatalieJ! It does get a little easier after you keep it up. I just tried switching from knee push-ups to full push-ups yesterday. I'm not sure what's better: to do full push-ups and less of them, or knee push-ups where I still have good form and can do more of them. Hmmm..

I'm trying to lose the 10lbs that I've gained in the last two or three months. Ugh. I checked the scale the other day and haven't lost anyyything-I think I had actually gained half a pound. I'm just trying to remind myself to not weigh myself (which is sooo haaard) and to remember that I'm going to be gaining muscle as well.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    It'll be your diet that gets you there, not 30DS or any other program. Drop some bodyfat% and you'll looke more toned.

If you're serious about balancing out with muscle, you need to be doing resistance training. If you're untrained, then for now things like pushups and pullups/chinups should help you with this goal. Not to gain any noticable muscle if you're dieting though, especially in the short term.

Read New Rules of Lifting for Women if you're serious about this and not just looking for something to make you "feel" like you're working out.