I can't give up now but really feel like I want to.

Options
13»

Replies

• kjo9692
    kjo9692 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Hey there you! Take it one day at a time. Sometimes, and maybe I'm speaking for myself, we lose motivation because we hit a plateau and wonder why are we doing this in the first place? Why are we pushing if it doesn't work? How much longer should I wait? But if you don't do anything to achieve your goals and just quit because it seems like it's not working, then you'll have a big regression and will definitely regret it later when you retake your health and fitness plans.

Keep on going, I see you have lost 23 pounds. It doesn't matter how long it took but that's some progress right there! You've come a long way and that's really good.

Find something that you like - trust me, you will! Maybe dancing, or something like that. I do short but strong circuit trainings. To be honest I don't like it that much because it is very tough, but after the workout I feel sooo good about myself. Just keep on looking at the final prize, there's where all our motivation comes from! Doesn't matter how long it takes, you'll get there.
  • LuLuChick78
    LuLuChick78 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    79afd231-8e68-44b0-bd98-62256edcbc39_zps5ae1b61d.jpg?t=1389799220
  • alexheather
    Options
    I hope you are feeling a bit better now. It's horrible when things don't go well especially exercise. As the others have said do what you enjoy!!! If I didn't have a personal trainer at the gym I would not do 1/4 of what I do. Don't beat yourself up especially if you are still feeling sore after the other day! How often do you weigh yourself? I am a bit of a serial 'weigher' and have had to get my son to hide the scales at times as I was jumping on them every day. Remember our bodies fluctuate so much with fluid, especially us women....and in the heat that you live in especially!! I know as I live in Romania and in the summer months it can be 45C easy. Also exercise can make you put a temp weight gain. My trainer warned me of that and actually said it would be better to stay the same weight but lose cms. Hope this and the other posts have helped. X
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Last time I checked running wasn't compulsory!

If you really, really want to do that 10K, try this as an alternative training plan.

Once a week, set out to cover 10K, however long it takes. After you've done a fast walking warm up, run for as long as you feel comfortable, even if it's just 5 minutes. Walk fast until you feel like running again. Repeat until you don't feel like you want to do run any more and walk the rest. That way you'll definitely, definitely be able to finish a 10K!

Do similar half-hour session two or three times during the week.

If you want a more formal run/walk ratio, try Jeff Galloway's based on your pace

Run-walk-run ratio should correspond to the pace used (Runners).
    8 min/mi—run 4 min/walk 35 seconds
    9 min/mi— 4 min run-1 min walk
    10 min/mi—-3:1
    11 min/mi—2:30-1
    12 min/mi—-2:1
    13 min/mi—-1:1
    14 min/mi—30 sec run/30 sec walk
    15 min/mi—30 sec/45 sec
    16 min/mi—30 sec/60 sec

Friends have done sub-four hour marathons using this method!

Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Thanks for this, it makes more sense than me trying to run continually :-)
  • theresap1031
    theresap1031 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are in an exercise rut. try something different. Zumba, water aerobics, spin class. Also maybe explore some different foods your body is just probably craving a change but don't give up.
  • Helenca76
    Helenca76 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I hope you are feeling a bit better now. It's horrible when things don't go well especially exercise. As the others have said do what you enjoy!!! If I didn't have a personal trainer at the gym I would not do 1/4 of what I do. Don't beat yourself up especially if you are still feeling sore after the other day! How often do you weigh yourself? I am a bit of a serial 'weigher' and have had to get my son to hide the scales at times as I was jumping on them every day. Remember our bodies fluctuate so much with fluid, especially us women....and in the heat that you live in especially!! I know as I live in Romania and in the summer months it can be 45C easy. Also exercise can make you put a temp weight gain. My trainer warned me of that and actually said it would be better to stay the same weight but lose cms. Hope this and the other posts have helped. X

Reading all these quotes has helped.
    I am a weigh three times a week kinda girl, can't help it but you're right, living in the desert, my water weigh flutuates hugely so should stick to once a week weigh and go by my measurements and not what it says on the scales.

I don't post on the forum often but knew after feeling so deflated today that writing on here, I would get some great advice. Thanks to everyones advice, I am armed with some new tatics and am going to try some different ways of making running more fun and hopefully, it'll work. If not, no biggie, will stick to my cycling, gym, circuit training and body sculpting classes. I am determined to get rid of this weight!

Thanks everyone :-)
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Good to hear! Please pop back and update us with how your training's going :smile:
  • alexheather
    Options
    Brill! Hope you are having a good day today! X
  • Biteofthecherry
    Biteofthecherry Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Big Hugs
    Dont give up as you'll then be even more demoralised
    I cant run Im very top heavy Id love to be able to but its not possible so I do walking and zumba
    As said find something you enjoy it should be about liking what your doing or you'll just not do it x
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Good to hear! Please pop back and update us with how your training's going :smile:

I second this^^^^ best of luck :)