Breast Augmentation..

Options
MuscleAndMascara
MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
This is something that I have been thinking about for some time now. For reasons of my own, I would like to get a Breast Augmentation, but I want to make sure that it is worth the money, pain and forever change of my body.

I would like to hear about the women who have had this done. How they like it, or if they don't.
Also I would like to hear from the mens point of view. Why they like it, or don't.

Explain..

Thank you

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about what men think about it, What other people think of you is none of your business!

I think it's really smart of you to want experience stories from women who've had them, though. It's a good idea to educate yourself as much as possible.

If you want it and can afford it (as well as all new bras and possibly all new tops/dresses--something to think about!) do it.

Also, my cousin had one, --a very subtle, natural-looking job,she looks fantastic!-- she recommends Dr. Paul Rhee of Scottsdale. I think she said it was only like $2,700.
  • ScorpionQwean
    ScorpionQwean Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    I know you are asking about "augmentation" but I will say I went opposite and had a reduction. Best choice I had ever made.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    When it comes to getting fakes, my opinion is don't.

My opinion is also in no way relevant.
  • MuscleAndMascara
    MuscleAndMascara Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about what men think about it, What other people think of you is none of your business!

I think it's really smart of you to want experience stories from women who've had them, though. It's a good idea to educate yourself as much as possible.

If you want it and can afford it (as well as all new bras and possibly all new tops/dresses--something to think about!) do it.

Also, my cousin had one, --a very subtle, natural-looking job,she looks fantastic!-- she recommends Dr. Paul Rhee of Scottsdale. I think she said it was only like $2,700.

Thank you for the advice!
    I was looking at Dr. Paul Rhee and alos Dr. Kotoske. :)
  • Tomahawk3Niner
    Options
    It is my opinion that any size real breast is vastly superior to something that feels like a grapefuit in a skin sack.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    Honestly do your research and yes, ask women who have had breast implants about their experience. There is only one person that I know who has implants and did not lose sensation. In fact, she gained sensation after the surgery. Another friend of mine has no feeling on the outside of both of her breasts. She can't ever have them re-done because she will risk losing complete sensation. Most women who get it done lose sensation in their nipples because they typically cut those off, set them aside and then sew them back on.

Seriously.

Please do a LOT of research and look at the "after" photos of people who have had them done because you don't want a butcher. I have seen so many really horrific boob jobs, like the boobs are disfigured, scarred up and just awful looking. I only have two friends (the ones I mentioned above) who you would not even know they had implants because they are that well done and look natural when they're laying down and are without scars.
  • gelendestrasse
    Options
    As a guy I don't think I would recommend it. It just doesn't appeal to me at all.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    In most cases, I don't think breast augmentation is necessary. A height-weight proportionate woman is attractive without one.
  • Chain_Ring
    Chain_Ring Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Hooray for boobies! I say go for it............. :-)
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    I had considered it for a long time, but then I thought about trying to explain it to my 13 year old daughters. How can I tell them that they need to have self confidence, to love themselves for who and what they are, that personality, kindness, intelligence and drive are more important than looks and to find someone (eventually, NOT at 13) who loves them for their mind and their personality if I had had a massive surgery for purely aesthetic reasons?

Also, I've decided boobs just aren't that important and are totally overrated. They aren't special. 50% of the population has them. Most men like them no matter their size (or even symmetry, which is my biggest issue). My husband LOVES big boobs, even fake ones, but he loves me and is attracted to me anyway.

However, I don't judge people who get them. They are generally very pretty. I want to touch a pair of fake boobs someday. I never have.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    the thing that would concern me most is loss of sensation, which I understand almost all women have to varying degrees after augmentation. but that's loss of sensation from a medical perspective - maybe some people don't notice it, or it's very minor. but I've heard of complete loss of nipple sensation, which would NOT be ok with me!

also concerning is the risk of breastfeeding issues when it comes time to have kids. I think lots of surgeons will tell you most people can breastfeed just fine after, but if you have an underlying lactation problem already (which are quite common, and you wouldn't know if you haven't had kids yet) - it could complicate things even further. I think if I wasn't able to breastfeed my future kids, I'd really regret surgery. But I'm far, far from the authority on this, so you're doing it right - talk to as many people as possible who've had it done! I've never had to consider this for myself, but I find it really interesting. no matter what you decide- more power to you!
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    When I was younger I thought having bigger boobs would be great, but now that I'm a little older and have had 2 kids, I'm happy with mine. Yeah, they're smaller now that I've had kids, but they're mine and I happy with the natural look of them.

ETA: To me, there are more important things to spend my money on.
  • theoncomingstorm64
    Options
    When I was younger I thought having bigger boobs would be great, but now that I'm a little older and have had 2 kids, I'm happy with mine. Yeah, they're smaller now that I've had kids, but they're mine and I happy with the natural look of them.

Looking at your profile pic, I'm happy with them too.
  • ElliottTN
    ElliottTN Posts: 1,614 Member
    Options
    I'm personally a fan of the smaller sizes. Fakes are great on strippers but past that, nah.

Its fake, it ain't you.

As always though, we need pics to properly form an opinion.
  • LishLash79
    LishLash79 Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I plan on doing it as long as I can maintain my weight for two years. I have had five kids and nursed all of them, plus I lost 40lbs. Trust me when i say, they are not a nice sight. ;) basicly empty skin. I talked to someone and they told me that it can take up to two years for skin to change after weight loss.. So, I am going to see what happens and then go for it (as long as I can afford). I have no desire to be huge... but normal, and fuller, would be nice ;)

good luck to you ;)
  • ChihuahuaLover864
    Options
    If anything I would personally want a reduction, but I have two close friends who had the enhancement procedure. One friend did everything the doctor suggested and loves her new body even 2 years later. My other friend just kind of did it without really thinking or planning and regrets the decision. She also said when she gained a little weight it made them misproportioned/misshaped. I think as long as you're doing it for the right reasons and research you should be just fine.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I'm personally a fan of the smaller sizes. Fakes are great on strippers but past that, nah.

:love:
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I say that if u really want them done and have thought about it properly then go for it. I have had mine done twice now (had PIPs for 8 years) and would get them done again! Made me feel so much better about that part of me as I had lost weight and from my boobs. Felt like a boy at 30 so got them done for me. I am not huge, but fits my frame.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options
    tagging
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I think it's unnecessary and unattractive. Since you asked.