Best Banana Protein Bread...EVER.

Options

Replies

• krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    might wanna try this, but would probably replace oats for coconut flour and a lil coconut oil to offset the dryness. Or some butter. Butter is good :P
  • kmbweber2014
    kmbweber2014 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jaynehr
    Jaynehr Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    bump
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    In for protein bread!
  • LianaG1115
    LianaG1115 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Brooke4206
    Brooke4206 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lmojoallen
    lmojoallen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    :smile: THANKS!! made this weekend baked in my mini loaf pan for 9 perfect portions adding chocolate chips YUM!!

I did also note it was very eggy and next time might try making it in the blender to grind up the oats. I made a batch of pumpkin protein mini loaves this weekend as well from Dashing Dish and that was the method she suggested and those were more bread like in texture ( although it did call for more oats than the banana bread)

Two big bonuses - 1 buying the overripe bananas at the store got a huge discount and my 12 year old daughter really liked them which is great as I am trying to very gently guide her on the path to healthy eating in a fast food world.

Thanks again for sharing great recipe
  • kjtanguay
    kjtanguay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    So has anyone made this recipe? I decided to give it a try as my husband wanted a snack with protein. I had my doubts, as there is a ridiculous number of eggs, and absolutely no flour....just a little rolled oats. Did I miss something? It was a complete disaster. Looked more like a mushy banana pudding. Maybe there are ingredients missing?
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    So has anyone made this recipe? I decided to give it a try as my husband wanted a snack with protein. I had my doubts, as there is a ridiculous number of eggs, and absolutely no flour....just a little rolled oats. Did I miss something? It was a complete disaster. Looked more like a mushy banana pudding. Maybe there are ingredients missing?

I noted in the original post that it comes out more dense than regular bread because of the eggs. If it had the consistency of pudding I'm assuming it wasn't cooked through. You can grind up the oats beforehand to create oat(-ish) flour.

Also, if it seems a little dry, cover it with plastic wrap over night- it becomes a little softer from the trapped moisture.
    I like it straight out of the oven best, but it's pretty kick a$s warm out of the toaster with some spray butter :smile:
  • Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing.... On my grocery list for this week.....
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Options
    I love banana bread! Thank you! Tagging
  • rubisliprz
    rubisliprz Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ericarfloyd
    ericarfloyd Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks - looking forward to trying!
  • Mjandjt
    Mjandjt Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later ...

Remember to add baking powder and to use one less egg. Mix all in blender to grind oats.

Note to add vanilla, almond, cinnamon.
  • bohemian124
    bohemian124 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Tagging for later ...

Remember to add baking powder and to use one less egg. Mix all in blender to grind oats.

Note to add vanilla, almond, cinnamon.

You don't need to mix *everything* in a blender... Just put the oats in the blender by themselves to make a "flour" out of them :smile:
  • cosmiqrust
    cosmiqrust Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    save tags at the speed of fast
  • Crowhorse
    Crowhorse Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Aprill42
    Aprill42 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    bump