Best Banana Protein Bread...EVER.

Options

Replies

• skudera27
    skudera27 Posts: 54
    Options
    Just saw this, happen to have all the ingredients downstairs. Going to make it right now.
  • skudera27
    skudera27 Posts: 54
    Options
    Just saw this, happen to have all the ingredients downstairs. Going to make it right now.

In the oven as we speak...that was easy!
  • snikkins
    snikkins Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options

In the oven as we speak...that was easy!

Excellent! About to do the same! :drinker:
  • Urban_Princess
    Urban_Princess Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Making it right now! I used almond extract instead of vanilla (couldn't find any at home) and it smells like heaven. 5 minutes until it is ready *excited*
  • Candlelite89
    Options
    bump
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,089 Member
    Options
    Bump love this
  • Soaringrose
    Soaringrose Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Is cinnmon graham cracker a type of protein powder... I have a lot to learn!!! Ive not even tried protien powder yet but I am for sure gonna get some for this. Thanks for the recipe!
  • Soaringrose
    Soaringrose Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Yum almond extract!!! Im gonna do that too!
  • la_te_ra_lus
    la_te_ra_lus Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the recipe.. it taste so good it almost feels like its bad for ya...
  • twistygirl
    twistygirl Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Bumpity Bump.
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    There are so many crappy "pretend" recipes that people claim are "the best thing EVER" floating around MFP. Most of them are titled something like: "Delicious Two Ingredient Fill-in-the blanks" using various ratios of bananas and eggs (or pureed cauliflower and eggs, or oats and eggs, LOL) and they're just vile. Either a lot of people have no sense of taste and texture, or they are so desperately hungry and deprived that they really DO think they're awesome. This one sounds like it might be worth a try, though. There are some legit ingredients in here.

(I have unsweetened, unflavored protein powder. I wonder if it will still turn out alright...)
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Is cinnmon graham cracker a type of protein powder... I have a lot to learn!!! Ive not even tried protien powder yet but I am for sure gonna get some for this. Thanks for the recipe!

Yes... It is Optimum Nutrition brand flavored protein. My favorite!
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    There are so many crappy "pretend" recipes that people claim are "the best thing EVER" floating around MFP. Most of them are titled something like: "Delicious Two Ingredient Fill-in-the blanks" using various ratios of bananas and eggs (or pureed cauliflower and eggs, or oats and eggs, LOL) and they're just vile. Either a lot of people have no sense of taste and texture, or they are so desperately hungry and deprived that they really DO think they're awesome. This one sounds like it might be worth a try, though. There are some legit ingredients in here.

(I have unsweetened, unflavored protein powder. I wonder if it will still turn out alright...)

That's why I tried it before I posted it. I really do think it's awesome. If you go into it knowing that it's obviously not going to taste *exactly* like regular banana bread then you'll be fine. It comes out more dense in texture because of the eggs, but I love it.

ETA: I'm not sure how your protein will work with it... maybe you'll have to add in a few things to make up for the flavor. Maybe more cinnamon, some stevia or more vanilla/almond extract?
  • canlafre
    canlafre Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! i will have to try this soon!
  • QueenOSpades
    QueenOSpades Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Banana Bread Bump
  • arenad
    arenad Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Sounds great. Thanks!!
  • jmc0806
    jmc0806 Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    bump