• mchigs
    mchigs Posts: 8
    bump
  • izMoco
    izMoco Posts: 10 Member
    bump
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Mine turned out quite eggy... I used the 3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites as the original recipe states. It was still ok, I love eggs anyway.
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    I made this yesterday. I added raisins and walnuts to mine, cut into 7 slices, and ended up with 251cal/13p/11f/27c per slice. My two bananas totaled 250g and I was tempted to throw in a third but was glad I didn't, as it came out a bit wet. A little eggy, so I might change it up with more protein powder or oats next time, or maybe one less egg?

By comparison, my normal banana bread recipe (using walnuts, raisins, same amount of banana) ends up being 456cal/7p/20f/63c per slice (although these slices are a bit taller).
  • harlanJEN
    harlanJEN Posts: 1,089 Member
    Pump
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    no... pictures? :sad:
  • moleighsmom
    moleighsmom Posts: 59 Member
    bump
  • joannezuk
    joannezuk Posts: 153 Member
    bump
  • Byrdsong1920
    Byrdsong1920 Posts: 335 Member
    Thanks!
  • livelifelift
    livelifelift Posts: 16 Member
    Bump!
  • nikita1908
    nikita1908 Posts: 22 Member
    I have to try this! Thanks for posting!
  • ciarastacey
    ciarastacey Posts: 28 Member
    Bump!
  • ladylattier
    ladylattier Posts: 18 Member
    Bump... thanks! :)
    I finally have stumbled across a protein recipe that doesn't suck- I've made this twice this week already. I'm in loooove.
    I found it on Bodybuilding.com and I added in a few things to spruce it up while not adding to the calories.

265g very ripe bananas- mashed well
    2 scoops vanilla protein powder (I have/used cinnamon graham cracker, worked well)
    2 egg whites
    3 whole eggs (I used the 3 egg equivalent of egg beaters)
    1/2c skim milk
    1 tsp vanilla extract
    1/2c oats (it calls for rolled, but all I have is quick oats, still worked)
    1/2 tsp cinnamon
    1 tsp of baking powder

Preheat oven to 325. Whisk the eggs & milk in with the mashed bananas until combined well. Mix dry ingredients and whisk in with the banana mixture. Pour mixture (it'll be pretty runny) into sprayed loaf pan and bake 35-45 mins (until knife put in middle comes out clean).
    It doesn't rise a ton like regular bread, it's pretty dense when it's all said & done. I didn't add any, but it would be good to sprinkle some walnuts or chocolate chips on top too!

Info: 8 servings
    Cals- 101
    Carbs- 13
    Fat- 1
    Protein- 11
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Awesome! I have been trying to find good protein bread/muffin recipes to NO AVAIL! Thanks for posting this!
  • mandeenicoleb
    mandeenicoleb Posts: 479 Member
    Going to try this out soon! Thankssss
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Mine turned out quite eggy... I used the 3 whole eggs and 2 egg whites as the original recipe states. It was still ok, I love eggs anyway.

Yeah... That's why I mentioned that it came out pretty dense. I liked it this way though, but if you used the egg whites with 2 eggs instead of 3 it would probably be a little lighter!
  • I made this & threw in mini chocoate chips, it was really tasty! A bit eggy but still tasty! It's perfect warmed up in the morning for breakfast. I'm going to try one less egg next time. Thank you for posting this!!!
  • sjmgde
    sjmgde Posts: 381 Member
    Bump
  • bcf7683
    bcf7683 Posts: 1,653 Member
    I made this & threw in mini chocoate chips, it was really tasty! A bit eggy but still tasty! It's perfect warmed up in the morning for breakfast. I'm going to try one less egg next time. Thank you for posting this!!!

My favorite way to eat it is warm- so much better! When I first made it and it was still warm from the oven, I put some vanilla frozen yogurt on top. It was amazing.