When you want something sweet what do you reach for?

Options
1235»

Replies

• sandweller
    Options
    I reach for a barley sugar lolly - and make it last ;o)
  • DMicheleC
    DMicheleC Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    At the minute because I'm being really strict with myself, I either have sugar free jelly or low fat yoghurt, but when I'm not so strict I would have a few pieces of dark chocolate.
  • MichelleLaree13
    MichelleLaree13 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    Coffee with one tablespoon creamer seems to help my chocolate fix:flowerforyou:
  • sharebear2012
    sharebear2012 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I found these Blue Menu frozen yogurt bars that taste as good as ice cream and are only 80 calories. When I am at home I eat one each evening as my treat and it satisfies my sweet tooth. I also eat grapes as the alternative, they are really sweet and help satisfy. There are the 100 calorie chocolate thins if you can go for one. I had to give up candy and chocolate altogether because it has that "moreish" taste and I cannot stop!!
  • madrose0715
    madrose0715 Posts: 463 Member
    Options
    take: 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 100 gms greek yogurt (whatever fruit flavour), 2 tbsp fat free cool whip, and 1/4 c crushed pineapple or canned mandarins - blend together (optional: I also add 1 tsp sugar free jello mix, whatever flavour) Super filling, super healthy (protien! low fat), low calorie and will satisfy the sweet tooth. I will eat for breakfast or as a evening treat. If I eat it for breakfast, I also add 1/2 cup of granola.
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I reach for Mireygal76

Oh, you mean food. Ummmmmm............anything chocolate, really :)

Oooh... I am more than willing to help you fight your chocolate cravings!
  • dirty_dirty_eater
    dirty_dirty_eater Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I reach for Mireygal76

I'd LIKE to reach for Mireygal...but I'm married, and she's got this big boyfriend.
    Life isn't fair.

So, I eat ice cream.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Many years ago I was a sweet-aholic. I gave up sweets entirely for a few months to break the habit. It was HARD, but ever since I rarely crave sweets and can eat them in moderation when I do.

My go-to sweet now is cocoa roast almonds. I eat them most evenings after dinner. But, if I want something like candy I have little candy. Usually a small piece or two is more than enough.
  • SavageRabidBeast_version2
    Options
    I reach for Mireygal76

You are easily much sweeter than chocolate and so much more craved by me, so it wouldn't be a fight at all. You win every time ;). Doesn't mean you can't bring the chocolate syrup hehe ;)
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    6 mini tootsie rolls are 140 calories total and 3g fat (even 1g protein!). I know it's not as savory as some chocolate options, but it does the trick for me and can be spaced out throughout the day.
  • callyart
    callyart Posts: 209
    Options
    Fruit, cereal bar, fruit and nuts, low cal hot chocolate, yoghurt, etc
  • melissalatzel24
    Options
    I'm honestly thinner than ever and I've learned to have what i really want.... normally a small bar of chocolate (milk)
    sometimes a whole slab of organic chocolate throughout the day...
    i count everything into my calorie goal, but I'm always over it and i stay the same weight
  • ctmize2512
    ctmize2512 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE fan of the sugar free hot cocoa at night before bed! It always does the trick. If I have the calories....I like a handful of cocoa roasted almonds. YUM! Chocolate graham crackers are a great treat too if you have the carbs leftover. You get 2 full wafers (or 4 crackers when you break them) for less than 150 calories!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I reach for Mireygal76

You are easily much sweeter than chocolate and so much more craved by me, so it wouldn't be a fight at all. You win every time ;). Doesn't mean you can't bring the chocolate syrup hehe ;)

DEAL!