Okay this confuses me...please help!

Options
I just wasn't to make sure I'm not severely under eating! I do not want to loose weight the wrong way, I want to do it the right ways and loose it for good.

On MFP,
Goal cals: 1610 Food: 1226 exercise : -631 net 595. Cals remaining 1,015

???

Replies

• MrsMRo220
    MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    And yes, I are three meals, and 2 snacks, those were all filing to me, I don't drink any juice, pop, nothing like that just water and a couple cups of coffee in the am.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    HOw are you getting those calories burned? If from MFP be aware they could be overstated.

Eat some of them back as well as make sure your intake is accurate by getting a food scale and weighing your food...

If I had that many calories left I would be eating ice cream right now, then I would have cheese and crackers and then if I had some left I would have a glass of wine/beer.
  • seeingthelight
    seeingthelight Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Without seeing your diary it does look like you need to eat more. What are you doing to burn over a thousand calories in exercise? How are you measuring it?
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    HOw are you getting those calories burned? If from MFP be aware they could be overstated.

Eat some of them back as well as make sure your intake is accurate by getting a food scale and weighing your food...

If I had that many calories left I would be eating ice cream right now, then I would have cheese and crackers and then if I had some left I would have a glass of wine/beer.

From exercise and I undercut my time. I don't eat dairy, and I don't eat after 7pm. Some people call that an old wives tale I call in my grandmas smarter than everyone :)
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    Without seeing your diary it does look like you need to eat more. What are you doing to burn over a thousand calories in exercise? How are you measuring it?

Your reading that wrong

Exercise is 631
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

On MFP,

I can tell you right away that this is inaccurate. What exercise did you do, and for how long, that gave you that number? I can tell you that if I work out fairly hard for 30 minutes, I'm lucky to burn 200 calories.

EDIT: Ok, what did you do to get 631 calories? Don't use MFP's numbers for calorie burns. I'd cut that in half and say 315 burned.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options

My goal cals are 1610 I've eaten 1226 calories
  • MrsMRo220
    Options

On MFP,

I can tell you right away that this is inaccurate. What exercise did you do, and for how long, that gave you that number? I can tell you that if I work out fairly hard for 30 minutes, I'm lucky to burn 200 calories.

You people are reading it wrong exercise is 631.
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options

On MFP,

You people are reading it wrong exercise is 631.

I see that now. See my edit above.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options

On MFP,

EDIT: Ok, what did you do to get 631 calories? Don't use MFP's numbers for calorie burns. I'd cut that in half and say 315 burned.
    [/

Cardio and housework
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options

From exercise and I undercut my time. I don't eat dairy, and I don't eat after 7pm. Some people call that an old wives tale I call in my grandmas smarter than everyone :)

You still need to eat some of them back...as for eating after 7 it is an old wives tale...I ate my supper at 7 and I am losing weight.

It doesn't have to be ice cream but you need to eat more food. Chips and dip? Popcorn? something
  • Azurite27
    Azurite27 Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    You should eat up to your goal assuming you're logging accurately. You should also eat at least half your exercise calories (if you got the number from MFP, more if you're reasonably sure you actually burned that much).
  • I_Will_End_You
    Options

Cardio and housework

Cut the number in half. And I personally wouldn't log house work, cleaning, cooking, etc... That's already considered in your daily activities. Just log dedicated workouts, stuff you don't do normally.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    You should be eating to MEET your calorie goal every day, and you should eat back at least some of your exercise calories (assuming you didn't already account for them in your activity level).

As for meal-timing, it's personal preference, but if you choose to eat after 7pm, nothing bad will happen to you. I ALWAYS eat after 7pm. I just finished my snack and I haven't even had dessert yet.
  • dlionsmane
    dlionsmane Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Your goal is 1610. Did you actual eat 1610 or did you eat 1226? and then enter 631 as a burn?

Also if you are counting housework as calories burned... please don't. Or at least don't eat those back. Only purposed exercise that is above and beyond your normal daily routines, cooking, cleaning, shopping, gardening are all "normal" daily activities.

Edit to add your Net should be 1610 or as close as possible - which is why you shouldn't enter housework as calories burned, you risk eating too many calories.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options

On MFP,

I already do cut my time in half. Per my nutritionist who track my MFP.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    You should be eating to MEET your calorie goal every day, and you should eat back at least some of your exercise calories (assuming you didn't already account for them in your activity level).

As for meal-timing, it's personal preference, but if you choose to eat after 7pm, nothing bad will happen to you. I ALWAYS eat after 7pm. I just finished my snack and I haven't even had dessert yet.

With my severe thyroid issue, it's recommended I don't. My grandma has the same issue. I have to have every meal on a strict schedule, it helps keep my thyroid from freaking out. Everything I do has to be documented and submitted to my nutritionist and dr.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options

Cardio and housework

Cut the number in half. And I personally wouldn't log house work, cleaning, cooking, etc... That's already considered in your daily activities. Just log dedicated workouts, stuff you don't do normally.

I don't normally wash every wall, ceiling, floor, outside Porches, and basement in my house. I only added that because it's stuff I don't normally do.
  • MrsMRo220
    Options
    Your goal is 1610. Did you actual eat 1610 or did you eat 1226? and then enter 631 as a burn?

Also if you are counting housework as calories burned... please don't. Or at least don't eat those back. Only purposed exercise that is above and beyond your normal daily routines, cooking, cleaning, shopping, gardening are all "normal" daily activities.

Edit to add your Net should be 1610 or as close as possible - which is why you shouldn't enter housework as calories burned, you risk eating too many calories.

I don't log normal daily activitys, I logged stuff I don't normally do. See above. I should add on top of taking care of all of my children. Thank you very much, you and that other person seem to be attacking me. I know there's a few people attacking me elsewhere on here, and it came down to it's because I have kids? I'm sorry if it offends ppl. Also I was attacked for being a housewife. I'm sorry if some people aren't happy with there lives but maybe they should change that. No attack me for mine.

Like I said though, I did about 4/5 house of scrubbing non stop.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    No one is attacking you, they're trying to help you.

All they are saying is don't add in daily stuff like cleaning or cooking or whatever as exercise, because that should be added in as your activity level. If you enter those as exercise, you risk overeating when eating back your exercise calories.

If MFP is telling you to eat 1610 calories, you should aim to get as close to that goal as possible.