Okay this confuses me...please help!

Options
2»

Replies

• I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options

I don't log normal daily activitys, I logged stuff I don't normally do. See above. I should add on top of taking care of all of my children. Thank you very much, you and that other person seem to be attacking me. I know there's a few people attacking me elsewhere on here, and it came down to it's because I have kids? I'm sorry if it offends ppl. Also I was attacked for being a housewife. I'm sorry if some people aren't happy with there lives but maybe they should change that. No attack me for mine.

Like I said though, I did about 4/5 house of scrubbing non stop.

You have a thread full of people trying to help you with the questions you asked. I don't see how any of this is in an attack. You can feel free to report anything I said to a moderator, though, and have them take a look at it. :flowerforyou:
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options
    I just wasn't to make sure I'm not severely under eating! I do not want to loose weight the wrong way, I want to do it the right ways and loose it for good.

On MFP,
    Goal cals: 1610 Food: 1226 exercise : -631 net 595. Cals remaining 1,015

???

As someone above said, you should see your calorie goal as a goal, not a maximum. If you eat to within 100 or so cals of your goal, you should lose weight at approximately the same rate as what you entered in the "goals" setting (1 lb per week, 2 lbs per week, etc).

Your goal went up when you logged exercise because that is how MFP is set up. When you exercise, you are supposed to eat the calories you burned, because your deficit is already accounted for. Whether you choose to eat your exercise calories as MFP reports them is up to you, but it's important to understand how MFP arrives at your goal numbers and what sort of a deficit you are accumulating if you don't eat them back.

Hope that helps with your question.
  • thesupremeforce
    thesupremeforce Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Arguments about whether housework should be logged aside, you're seriously under eating. If your goal is 1610, you're not getting close to that number, AND you're exercising on top of that, you're seriously under eating. There's nothing to debate here. This isn't an issue about whether or not to eat back exercise calories (or how many of them to eat back). It's not about calorie burn estimates being accurate or not.

If you're actually asking for help because you want to get it "right," eat the 1610 calories. That's the first step.
  • MrsMRo220
    MrsMRo220 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Arguments about whether housework should be logged aside, you're seriously under eating. If your goal is 1610, you're not getting close to that number, AND you're exercising on top of that, you're seriously under eating. There's nothing to debate here. This isn't an issue about whether or not to eat back exercise calories (or how many of them to eat back). It's not about calorie burn estimates being accurate or not.

If you're actually asking for help because you want to get it "right," eat the 1610 calories. That's the first step.

Okay, but it like subtracts the calories I burn?? So I only eat 1600 calories whether I exercise or not right?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I don't log normal daily activitys, I logged stuff I don't normally do. See above. I should add on top of taking care of all of my children. Thank you very much, you and that other person seem to be attacking me. I know there's a few people attacking me elsewhere on here, and it came down to it's because I have kids? I'm sorry if it offends ppl. Also I was attacked for being a housewife. I'm sorry if some people aren't happy with there lives but maybe they should change that. No attack me for mine.

Like I said though, I did about 4/5 house of scrubbing non stop.

wow no one was attacking...you asked a question you were given answers and because more information came later you got added answers.

1. Do not add anything but purposeful exercise.
    2. Eat your food even after 7pm

and to your comment about why you think you are being attacked...no one here cares that you have kids, no one cares that you are a housewife and people are happy with their life or they wouldn't be here trying to help you. Take a deep breath take a step back and accept the help as it is being offered and don't take the people who don't tell you what you want to hear as attacking...
  • catjcx
    catjcx Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    If you have a nutritionist helping track your MFP then you are being watched and must be doing ok otherwise i would hope they would be doing there job and telling you. I for one use a HRM to monitor my calories burn and burn over 1000 calories daily from exercise. I do not log housework or food prep, shopping or anything that is considered a "daily" thing. I also do not eat back all of my exercise calories. I for one do not see the point to exercise just to eat more. There are days i go over my calories so be it, same goes for under my calories. I do try to keep my net above 1000 no matter what. Because they fluctuate from day to day i do not worry about it too much. I am losing weight slowly but I AM losing it. So far 60 pounds all from exercising and counting calories. Good luck!
  • wild_wild_life
    wild_wild_life Posts: 1,334 Member
    Options

Okay, but it like subtracts the calories I burn?? So I only eat 1600 calories whether I exercise or not right?

It adds the calories you burn to your goal.

Your original goal of 1610 increased to 2241 when you logged 631 cals in exercise. That is why it says you have 1015 cals remaining after you have eaten 1226 cals.

You are supposed to eat the calories you burn in order to maintain the same deficit you started out with. That is why your goal increases. The hard part is accurately measuring the calories you burn because MFP's numbers are often overestimated.
  • bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options

With my severe thyroid issue, it's recommended I don't. My grandma has the same issue. I have to have every meal on a strict schedule, it helps keep my thyroid from freaking out. Everything I do has to be documented and submitted to my nutritionist and dr.

If you have severe medical issues and are being closely monitored by a doctor and a nutritionist, then maybe it would be best to ask them about whether your calorie intake and exercise level are appropriate for you.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    If you have a nutritionist helping track your MFP then you are being watched and must be doing ok otherwise i would hope they would be doing there job and telling you. I for one use a HRM to monitor my calories burn and burn over 1000 calories daily from exercise. I do not log housework or food prep, shopping or anything that is considered a "daily" thing. I also do not eat back all of my exercise calories. I for one do not see the point to exercise just to eat more. There are days i go over my calories so be it, same goes for under my calories. I do try to keep my net above 1000 no matter what. Because they fluctuate from day to day i do not worry about it too much. I am losing weight slowly but I AM losing it. So far 60 pounds all from exercising and counting calories. Good luck!

Exercise is for health and fitness not just to eat more. Even if you wear a HRM all day that should be calculated in your BMR already.

Net should be above 1200 not 1000.
  • Snow__White
    Snow__White Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    open your diary,so we can see what your doing
    much easier to help you out that way :)
  • ahubbard134
    ahubbard134 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    MFP does subtract your exercise calories and you are supposed to eat those calories back.

If you are asking how the tool is supposed to work -- at the end of the day you should be very close to your calorie goal (+/- 100 calories)

If not, you want to either
    A. Eat more/less
    B. Exercise More/less
    C. Change the way you are entering your exercise calories
    D. Re calibrate your calorie goal

Of course, this is once every couple weeks at the very least. You don't want to change anything before you know how it's working.

for your situation, I'm going to say you would need to Eat MORE, because you are 1000 calories too low for your plan...especially considering you feel your exercise calories are an adequate representation.

HOWEVER--- it is really just a tool! You can do whatever want ! there are multiple ways to handle things--

I.E. Entering 1000 exercise and eating back 500 works just as well as entering 500 and eating 500.