Asked how far along I am... not pregnant, normal weight!

Options
2»

Replies

• fyrefly1981
    Options
    At my skinniest (5'3" 125# ) i got asked how far along i was a t work...I worked at a restaurant and the apron i wore hung straight off my chest (which is NOT small) I think it made it look like i was preggers. So you're definitely not alone!!!
  • sarafischbach9
    sarafischbach9 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am not sure! People think crazy things!

I have had a co-worker ask me if I lost weight a few months ago. It was when I was on my second day of my period. By the second day of my period my body usually flushes out the excess water weight by then and I look a lot thinner in the stomach area. When I told her I lost a few water weight pounds due to ending PMS, she acted surprised and said she thought I was in my second trimester. It kind of made me feel bad... At that point, I speculate I was around my low 130's ( pushed mid-130s this past Xmas and this happened in October-ish ). I am 5'3.5" so a little shorter than you by a couple inches. I was a size 4-6 and by Xmas it was actually worse definitely getting into a 6 by that point. But even so a size 6 isn't big.

I had really bad bloating problems prior to my period, but in all honesty I was giving into salty and meat cravings, which was causing the water bloating to be worse. I am about to get my period in 10 days and usually by ths time I'm starting to get bloated. I have no bloating, other than from what I ate, which will go away by the morning.

But I'm taking control of it...

But yes when you have several water weight pounds added due to your period.... people can sometimes think that even when you're fairly slender.
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Dave Barry once wrote something along the lines of "Unless you actually see a baby physically exiting a woman at that moment, never ask a woman if she is pregnant." Good advice.
  • NinjaJinja
    NinjaJinja Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    My mother carries all her weight in her stomach so she basically looks 9 months pregnant perpetually. She says that whenever she dyed her hair, she would always get asked how far along she was. This is one of the reasons she doesn't bother to dye her hair - no one asks when her whole head is grey!

Also her favorite response to that question was "About x years ago!" where x is the current age of my sister, lol.
  • bheathfit
    bheathfit Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I should seriously start selling Tazers. If everyone had a high quality tazer on them at all times, life would be much simpler. It may not kill off the stupid people, but at least it would shut them up after getting fried for asking stupid questions.
  • NYgirl1990
    NYgirl1990 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Yeah I once went to CVS to buy lotion or something with my husband and the cash register lady (never seen her in my life) just asked me "so when are you due?" I don't understand why anyone would ever ask that to anyone without knowing FOR SURE first.
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    Literally all my weight goes to my stomach i swear! And I hate hate hate it!!! Even when I was smaller and constantly active, I always had a "pooch" and still to this day, even then got asked if i was pregnant since middle school!!! It's so humiliating and embarrassing!!! Usually it is embarrassing to for the person asking when they find out that you're not pregnant, so normally I don't get too mad much just irritated...

Just the other day my husband's cousin came up to me, put one hand on my belly and looked at me and smiled, and I just said, No I'm not pregnant but thanks. She felt like an *kitten* after that, but it didn't make me feel any better, it is also my fault, but to me because of my experiences unless someone knows you are pregnant or it is completely obvious then to me it is rude.

Same here! No matter what I can't lose the pooch. I'm thinking about doing coffee enemas frequently to see if that helps...
  • NYgirl1990
    Options
    I would have said 7-8 months and asked about her pregnancy. lol

LOL!
  • cafeaulait7
    cafeaulait7 Posts: 2,459 Member
    Options
    Yeah I once went to CVS to buy lotion or something with my husband and the cash register lady (never seen her in my life) just asked me "so when are you due?" I don't understand why anyone would ever ask that to anyone without knowing FOR SURE first.

That is so weird, because that's who asked me that time. Maybe it was a mean CVS joke before youtube, lol! Or you are from NC and it's just the one strange woman :D
  • benefiting
    benefiting Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    2h36hdf.jpg
    vcrwk0.jpg

LOLOL!
  • NYgirl1990
    Options

That is so weird, because that's who asked me that time. Maybe it was a mean CVS joke before youtube, lol! Or you are from NC and it's just the one strange woman :D

Haha no it was a CVS in New Jersey. The lady was kind of old looking and was very friendly...but then she asked that question and in my mind I'm like "WhAttt????" lol
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    If someone would ask me that now, I would say about 30 years ago lol.

It is a rude questions to ask. I wouldn't even bother to respond.

I have fibroids and I really do look about 3 months preggo and there isn't anything I can do about it unless I have them removed.