LADIES, best razor for bikini area

Options
This is a SERIOUS question BTW. So i was using this electric razor forever that i loved and it since died on me and they dont make it anymore. I got the newer version of it and it sucks, its just not doing it for me. :-(

So I started just using a regular razor in the shower but that's not working so well for me. The first day it looks great, but the next day my skin looks kinda irritated and that's not going to work out for anyone ;-)

so what do you ladies do down there and how well does it work for you?

thanks in advance

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I use Venus Olay sensitive skin razor and a fresh one each time.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Wax
  • PolkaDot_Princess
    PolkaDot_Princess Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Wax

ok so really silly question. How well does this work? Does it last a long longer, do you do it yourself or at a salon and how often does it stay smooth?
  • vjohn04
    vjohn04 Posts: 2,276 Member
    Options
    shave with the grain not against the grain. less irritation.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Get waxed. It's the only thing that doesn't give me in grown hairs or problems. Just go and do it.. eventually less hair grows in. It's the best thing I EVER did for combating the issues.
    Don't ask me about pain though.... I have a few piercings in places covered by a bikini so I have super high pain tolerance and carry on a conversation whilst getting waxed. I get a full Brazilian but you can get a regular bikini to just take care of the side issues.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Wax

ok so really silly question. How well does this work? Does it last a long longer, do you do it yourself or at a salon and how often does it stay smooth?

Mine lasts about 2 weeks. If you have a European Wax Center near you they use "stripless wax" which hurts WAY less than conventional wax. I've also used one of those creams you apply and wait 5 minutes and then the hair comes off. It works well enough I think.
  • TwinMamma09
    Options
    Get waxed. It's the only thing that doesn't give me in grown hairs or problems. Just go and do it.. eventually less hair grows in. It's the best thing I EVER did for combating the issues.
    Don't ask me about pain though.... I have a few piercings in places covered by a bikini so I have super high pain tolerance and carry on a conversation whilst getting waxed. I get a full Brazilian but you can get a regular bikini to just take care of the side issues.

This!! I have been waxing for 8 years. I will NEVER go back to a razor again!!! Mine last about 4-5 weeks.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    Wax

It does last longer, but I would not recommend doing it yourself. The first time you have it done it hurts like a sumb!itch and it has to be done in a way that the root is pulled. If not, the hair breaks at the surface and there is greater potential for ingrowns. In the beginning, you have to get it done more frequently because of the hair growth cycle. After that, most people go 6-8 weeks.
  • beernpizza2
    beernpizza2 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't know. They don't call me Pres Bush for nothing :wink:
  • harvo
    harvo Posts: 4,676 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if they have this one for women but I have one from Gillette (I believe) that has a new feature....it actually vibrates (3 speeds) to provide a closer shave without cutting....Not sure how that would not be the best for ladies....just sayin'
  • Buksh12
    Buksh12 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Why ladies only? what if im really good at having a smooth bikini line? :laugh:
  • Buksh12
    Options
    I am not sure if they have this one for women but I have one from Gillette (I believe) that has a new feature....it actually vibrates (3 speeds) to provide a closer shave without cutting....Not sure how that would not be the best for ladies....just sayin'

Not sure thats a razor...
  • Headingforhealthier
    Options
    I wouldn't know. They don't call me Pres Bush for nothing :wink:

Just. Awesome.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Even just thinking about a stranger ripping out my body hair hurts. Ouch.
  • Buksh12
    Options
    Even just thinking about a stranger ripping out my body hair hurts. Ouch.

What about just lovingly pulling it from your skin? haha :laugh:
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    Hey men need to groom that area too!
  • SamanthaD1218
    SamanthaD1218 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    If you're going to shave, use Coochy shave gel. You can buy it on Amazon. I swear it works miracles if you use it regularly.
  • KatherineBailey623
    KatherineBailey623 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Wax

Mine lasts about 2 weeks. If you have a European Wax Center near you they use "stripless wax" which hurts WAY less than conventional wax. I've also used one of those creams you apply and wait 5 minutes and then the hair comes off. It works well enough I think.

How long does the hair have to grow back to wax again after your first wax?
  • Buksh12
    Options
    Hey men need to groom that area too!

I believe we call it a BIC job here! :)

because you cant get closer than removing a layer of skin at the same time! :wink:

Bic_Shavers_and_Toothbrushes.jpg_250x250.jpg
  • tibby531
    tibby531 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I used to use deodorant to keep the razor burn away (before you judge, try to remember the last time you had razor burn under your arms), but I've started using vitamin e oil in hopes that it will encourage healthy elastic skin, and it actually works better at keeping the itchy wiggles away. :)