My dirty little secret

Options
I have been at this for a year. I have lost a good amount of weight. I enjoy all sorts of food and don't necessarily limit myself because "it will make me gain weight". Basically, I am normal and not obsessed. However, a few minutes ago I opened up a 100 calorie pack of popcorn. Dug my anxious fingers in the bag to grab a couple of those yummy little suckers and accidently dropped 2, yes 2 of my 100 calorie popcorns on the floor. I actually thought to myself...

Should I log 90 calories instead of 100?

Discuss.

Replies

• JessicaBuff
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Maggie1960
    Options
    I would have opted for the 5 second rule personally, and scooped them up and eaten them!!!:blushing:
  • waterbug420
    Options
    Don't lie to yourself. You ate them off of the floor. Log 120 calories as punishment.
  • JPotvin
    JPotvin Posts: 108
    Options
    Jessica's got the right idea! Thanks for making me smile :)
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I would have eaten them as well! Don't let them go to waste! :laugh:
  • waterbug420
    Options
    And make sure you log the 5 calories of energy it took to pick them up off of the floor.
  • Haha, I agree with Maggie - I'd eat them! :laugh: :tongue:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    I would have opted for the 5 second rule personally, and scooped them up and eaten them!!!:blushing:

That is an option, but it brings up another important question.

If I bend down to pick up the popcorn, should I log it as exercise in order to add to my calorie bank for the day? I'd hate to go into starvation mode for not eating my calories.

Discuss.
  • tracyts
    tracyts Posts: 113
    Options
    :laugh: If you'd bent down to get them, you could have counted that as 20 seconds of stretching - that's exercise I can believe in!
  • waterbug420
    Options
    You are so amazing. Eat more popcorn. You deserve it.

Nutella.
  • lina1131
    Options
    I may or may not have picked it up to eat it.
  • waterbug420
    Options
    You did. You totally did.
  • lina1131
    Options
    You are so amazing. Eat more popcorn. You deserve it.

Nutella.

The other day my older sister brought these shortbread tarts filled with nutella and topped with a strawberry over to my parent's house.

I ate one. And when no one else was looking I ate another.

Discuss.
  • waterbug420
    Options
    It only counts if other people are around.

WHY DIDN'T YOU BRING ME ONE?

WHY DO YOU HATE ME?
  • lina1131
    Options
    Well exactly, that is why I waited until no one was looking and swallowed it whole. I personally like to think that counts as exercise. I mean the amount of energy I put into the whole scandal surely burned a few calories.

Hate is such a strong word.

If there is a choice between Nutella and something else...Nutella always wins. Period.

Discuss.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Ladies, you all are hilarious! :) Good to know other people are having the same thoughts I do about the calorie counting! :) Thanks for the laugh!
  • themyriadthings
    themyriadthings Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I would be definitely picking that up and eating it! Popcorn in all forms is delicious!
  • cparter
    cparter Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Me, I would still log it as 100 and move on. Now if I dropped them in my lap they are done for and in my own house maybe 5 seconds rule depending on the room I am in :^)

The greatest secret you actually have is how well you have stood up for natural way out vs the fads and the quick approach. Your year long journey is not something to frown on. You are an inspiration and I appreciate your opinions on many things that you have posted on. I stand her proud to be friended by you. Keep up the good work and inspiration you give to us all.

Carlos
  • animatedbecca
    Options
    So glad I came to check this out! Totally made my day! Too cute!
  • lina1131
    Options
    I would be definitely picking that up and eating it! Popcorn in all forms is delicious!

I am not sure I would like to count floor fuzz as a popcorn topping just yet. Just depends on how hungry I am. On a scale from 1 to 10...i'm only about a 5.6. Anything higher than an 8 would probably justify floor fuzz popcorn.