What do you eat between breakfast and lunch?

Options

Replies

• daliyanin
    daliyanin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Berries (blueberries, raspberries, blackberries) and almonds.

Peanut butter and green apple.
  • Spaghetti_Bender
    Spaghetti_Bender Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    I usually have a 1/4 of a cup of raw almonds. But if i'm really hungry i'll have an egg white and turkey wrap.
  • deedee996
    Options
    I eat every 3hrs, so 6am, 9am, 12pm, 3pm and 6pm. 6am is usually a smoothie with protein powder, 1/2 banana and a spoon of greek yoghurt. 9am is my bigger 'breakfast' of eggwhites, brown rice and vegies. This usually lasts me to 12 (just, I'm starving at 11.30 lol).

I have been trying to eat every three hours while at work, too. I am a nurse and work 12 hours days. Breakfast at 6am, a snack at 9am, usually fruit, light lunch at 12, another snack at 3pm, again usually fruit, and then generally a light meal while charting around 6pm.
  • suncluster
    suncluster Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    I am usually in a meeting at work. So I grab something portable and easy to clean up.
    Clementine, other fruit, or nuts are a good option
  • katieshkins
    Options
    Who has time to eat between breakfast and lunch? If I am hungry at home I will eat a low-fat cheese stick.
  • ggxx100
    ggxx100 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I carry raw as well as dark chocolate covered almonds in my purse at all times, (especially for light-headed emergencies!). I also pack an apple with couple of hard boiled eggs to have as a snack in between meals at work.

However, my breakfast is quite substantial with plenty of fat and protein (Usually a couple eggs, half an avocado, 4-5 oz of smoked salmon or bacon, a sweet potato cooked in coconut oil with lots fruit on the side!) so my snacks usually take place after lunch.

Hummus, guac and carrots are also an amazing snack, as well as dates filled with almonds. I also have been known to pick up a krispy creme donut and a decaf coffee as an afternoon pick-me-up. It works just fine for me:laugh:
  • GSXRGIRL61
    GSXRGIRL61 Posts: 6,283 Member
    Options
    Around 9:30 I eat 1/4 cup of raw cashews and reduced sodium almonds mixed. That's an amazing pick-me-up. I will say that the 3-4 p.m. time is when I get the hungriest, so I'm looking for another mini-meal at that time.
  • CardinalKoolaid
    CardinalKoolaid Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have breakfast around 7am and an apple at 11am. If I have any kicking around I might also have a punnet of something from Graze.
  • 2013sk
    2013sk Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    Depends how hungry I am,

Could be a boiled egg, An Apple, Slices of ham/chicken

Seeded & pumpkin ryvitas

Banana
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Cuppa coffee and a Quest bar (chocolate chip cookie dough!)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    I keep a jar of natural peanutbutter and plastic spoons in my desk. It helps with those cravings. I also think that should add some veggies or turkey bacon to your eggs for breakfast and get rid of the bread.

OMG ^^^^this would be the death of me. That jar would be GONE. :laugh:
  • cushy2020
    Options
    I really can't understand this problem of lightheadedness, people have had gastric bypasses and don't get a light head, they live on around 500 cals for a few year and say they have never felt so good, I have never been light headed from lack of food and lost over 150lb in last 3 years copying my friends diet who'd had a bypass.
  • LoriFernFroehlich
    Options
    Add more fiber to your breakfast. Whole Wheat Toast perhaps?

It is suggested that having a mid morning and mid afternoon snack is best for losing weight. Apples have fiber. Fiber is filling! A protein bar. My personal favorite is a stick of string cheese & an Apple.

Also always remember -WATER WATER WATER!!!! Most times people feel they are "hungry" when in actuality, they are dehydrated!
  • KristiRTT
    KristiRTT Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    A cheese stick and a yoplait light and fit yogurt!
  • chippyuk
    chippyuk Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat a medium banana. Certainly enough to keep me going until lunch time. Couple that with 25g of almonds at about 3.30pm and plenty of water throughout the day. Staves of hunger completely.
  • KristinaB83
    KristinaB83 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Make little turkey/chicken meatloaf muffins. Then just keep them frozen and microwave 1 when you get a little hungry.
    Here's the website with the info on how to make them:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/video-jamie-eason-turkey-meatloaf-muffins.htm
  • steffipaulina
    Options
    I feel like unless you are trying to be a body builder you don't need the calories. Hold off until lunch, you do have 2 more meals in the day coming. I drink a coffee between breakfast and lunch. But that's just me.
  • HunterKiller_deleted
    Options
    Ryvita and peanut butter
  • millie2604
    millie2604 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I recently started eating monkey nuts (peanuts still in the pod) as a little snack, to keep me going between meals whilst at work. I find that due to the fiddly part of cracking the nut open, and then taking off the skin, I eat a lot less than I would if I was just shoving my hand into a bag of salted peanuts. I also drink lots of water while I eat them, so I end up feeling quite full, without guzzling an entire bag (which I am more than capable of doing sadly!!)
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    If I'm really hungry (like today) I have a banana at 10 to hold me off until noon.

I get to work at about 7:30/8:00am depending on the day and my school carpooling schedule. I eat breakfast at my desk around 8:30. I rotate through 3 things...steelcut oatmeal, greek yogurt, or an eggbeater sandwich (on a bagel thin with a slice of thin cheese)...all in the 200-275 call range.

Ditto re the banana.. I keep a container of honey at work and drizzle a bit on a sliced banana. YUM!

I eat lunch b/t 12 and 1 depending on how hungry I am and how busy I am at work.

Apple or clementines for a snack in the pm. THen dinner around 6:30.