Looking for friends who started over 250lbs and dropping!

Options
18910111214»

Replies

• vango79
    vango79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I started @ 315 a couple of years ago. I lose some weight and then maintain for a while and then realize that I know I need to lose more. So, this last time (August 2013) I decided that I needed to make some real lifestyle changes and do it for myself. I was at 283 and now I am down to 249. My goal weight is 175 but I know that I have to take it one step at a time. You can do it!
  • Emmy360
    Emmy360 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hie..Just started baack on MFP.. Lost a good amount b4 Christmas but did damage during the dredded season and put it all back on...Still Kicking myself. Need to stick to it this time and looking for active, motivaltional friends and support/acountability. Feel free to add me and all the best to you =]
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Started at 265, around 240 now (haven't weighed in 2 weeks). I started off strong, got super busy at work so stopped working out which led to stop counting calories. Getting back on track but have been sick with one thing or another for just over a month. ALMOST back to healthy enough to get some exercise started again. Going to try this weekend and see how it goes. Anyone feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends.
  • MaraOfNaamah
    MaraOfNaamah Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    This is the beginning of my journey. I currently weigh 280.4 - the largest I have ever been, and I refuse to continue my life this way!

I want to do an Aerial Adventure course
    I want to be able to zip line
    I want to be able to do rock climbing (indoor)
    I want to race my 5 year old
    I want to participate in one of the silly obstacle races (like the ROC race, not a tough mudder or spartan dash)

I will make this happen! So, I'm with you Tiffany!! :-)
  • dietpepsi100
    dietpepsi100 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    well that would be me! started at a whooping 408 pounds have lost 178 . It is possible. hard work pays off. I have been working at this for two years a bit over started april 4th 2012. i will add you!
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I started at 276 and I'm down to 232!
  • cwoyto123
    cwoyto123 Posts: 308
    Options
    How the hell do people get so big in the first place?! Just curious.
  • rayhet78
    rayhet78 Posts: 9
    Options
    I haven't been here long but I started at over 300 and have already lost 2 pounds. Feel free to add me. We can all use extra motivation and support.
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Started at 265, around 240 now (haven't weighed in 2 weeks). I started off strong, got super busy at work so stopped working out which led to stop counting calories. Getting back on track but have been sick with one thing or another for just over a month. ALMOST back to healthy enough to get some exercise started again. Going to try this weekend and see how it goes. Anyone feel free to add me. My diary is open to friends.

Just an update to recognize to myself that I've been making progress. It doesn't always feel like it but this post was January 30th. I am now 223, so almost another 20 pounds gone. :drinker:
  • mamadon
    mamadon Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    How the hell do people get so big in the first place?! Just curious.

Well arent you a peach? Maybe when you lived a little longer than 18 years, you'll learn some manners and compassion. Or maybe not..
  • jambo1001
    jambo1001 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Started at 257, now down to 223 and headed for Onederland!! Feel free to add me
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me (anyone can add me) I started at 290ish. I've been active for over a year now. I'd love to offer support. Happy losing.
  • Kirstie155
    Kirstie155 Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Girl, my heaviest was 250 exactly. the first time I tried to lose weight, I threw myself into dieting and exercise and lost 70lbs. Keeping it off is the hardest part! I stopped watching what I ate and became a couch potato, and SURPRISE!! ballooned back up to 215lbs.

Started over and walked a bit more, thought a bit more about what I was eating. got down to 195lbs. Rejoined MFP--and this amazing community!! That was 3 weeks ago, and now I know I can do this and keep it off! My ticker starts at my 215 "restart" weight.

Keys to success: MFP, logging, weighing/counting your food, *exercise*.

Go get em girl!!!
    Feel free to add me, I log everyday!

ETA: grammar
  • maizerage66
    maizerage66 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I got up to about 270 pounds a year and a half ago, dropped down to 190 This past March and gained some solid muscle since. Unfortunately I gained a little fat with it so I am back to 210 but looking and feeling great! I'm looking to lose about 10 pounds or so, but we'll see how that turns out. Good luck to you on your journey!! Hard work pays off!
  • pawsnpurrs
    pawsnpurrs Posts: 39
    Options
    I am one of those yoyo dieters started at 268 then dropped to 250 almost got to 218 then blew out my kneecap doing gardening work now back at bottom again computer went down for a year so even though it says I started in 2013 I really started in May 2014
    I am totally inspired by everyone successes so far , I love the dvds I work out to but I am a carb junkie so back to the drawing board as they say I walk in winter in AZ now its 110F so I switch to working out to tai chi yoga resistance bands ect anyone can add me to their friends list I would love to chat back and forth get new recipe ideas coping skills from anyone 250 pound and dropping weight today I am at 229.9 switching from carbs to lettuce leaf sandwiches or lettuce wraps everyone here is amazing..
  • emalethmoon
    emalethmoon Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Just curious? Really?

Well, start as a child with a family who loves to eat and fills the home with chips and sweets and pasta and second helpings.

Then make sure you've got tons of bullies making you feel like crap so you start emotional eating.

Then, be sure to date other foodies who are lazy as hell.

Also, be sure to live in poverty for a while so the food you can afford is the cheap crap that gives you the most calorie bang for your buck.

Also, get injured in college. It's great for staying fat when your body aches.

Finally, give birth to two babies and try to mother them while working full time and being fat for the last 20 years. Make sure your job involves lots of travel, so if you want a hot lunch it's going to be gas station food.

That's my story, anyway.

Look man, it's a snowball effect. It creeps up on you so you don't notice until one day, "Holy crap, I'm obese." It's a hell of a lot easier to put weight on than take it off.
  • JenSBrown2015
    JenSBrown2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started at 247.2 and 10.5 months later I am at 177.6.Not done yet but have lost almost 70 lbs!!
  • tmj4477
    tmj4477 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I started at 243 friend me if you like
  • Dooney_Diva
    Options
    I started at 278.5 in March, and am now at 223. I has been a long struggle, and I am still working on it.
  • MyTee150
    MyTee150 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I started at 260