Just when I thought I was a failure at Insanity!

Options
joehempel
joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
Just when I thought I was a failure at Insanity, I did something I never thought I would do.

I'm almost through Week 3, I've got one day left. I've always had to take extended breaks, pause the DVD etc....I was reading a lot of stories about where people were at, and how it seemed fairly easy sometimes, and I was beginning to think I was just a failure at this program, or just not ready.

Well today, during Power Cardio and Resistance, I did something I never thought I would do. I took 5-10 seconds when I really needed, just like those in the video, and didn't pause the DVD once. I may not have gone as fast as those crazy *kitten* people, but I did every exercise, pushed way more than I was able to do in the past....and just KILLED this workout!!

Here I thought I was getting burnt out on it....I can't wait for the rest day though!! LOL

Replies

• Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Well done :drinker:
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks!

My HR got higher than it has been in recent weeks (it used to get up to 198 though) to 187, but I had a good average of 167.

It's still even, 15 minutes later over 100.
  • wendyfahy
    wendyfahy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi ! We'll done, I am on day 5 of week two and not seen any results yet have you? I'm gonna keep going but I feel a bit disappointed. I still stop quite a bit but I am sweating and red faced when I've finished so surely it must be working!!!

I bet your so pleased with yourself for getting to where you are now - Big well done :-)
  • danapenguin
    Options
    I am jealous of people who can do Insanity! I tried it and ended up having an asthma attack! Great job and keep it up!!!
  • Harrisonsauntie
    Options
    :drinker: :flowerforyou: :wink:
  • zoecollins
    zoecollins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Brilliant well done, keep it up x
  • slouw10
    slouw10 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Well done! I am on week one - feels like I am gonna faint sometimes, but I also try to keep up!! I must say, I am stiff and sore after the first 4 days, I hope it goes better with me next week!
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I don't think Insanity ever gets easier, you just get better at it! I finished my first round on 22nd December and I'm starting my 2nd round on Monday - I'm still scared!
    slouw10 - the pain goes away by the end of the first week really!
    wendyfahy - The results mostly come in the 2nd month - keep at it! You'll be amazed!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!

I was quite pleased with what happened for sure. Almost felt as good as PR'ing my last Half Marathon lol!

As far as results, There isn't a ton of noticeable results.

I've dropped 5lbs and a few inches (like maybe an inch at the waist, and chest).

My next measurements and weigh in are on Sunday. I will say that I did kind of hop on the scale yesterday and gained a pound, but that could be water/muscle. I've been able to do a whole hell of a lot more push-ups, so I know I'm getting stronger.
  • wendyfahy
    wendyfahy Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks its42uk - roll on month 2 and hopefully good bye to my baby belly x my little girl is nearly 6 months old so feel it's the right time to do insanity I'm hanging around the 10 stone 9.13 mark eating healthy apart from Saturdays when I eat what I like and have wine!!!!

Good luck for the weigh in on Sunday Joe!!!!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks! Only 7 days left for this month....and I'm damn scared of Month 2!! LOL
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks its42uk - roll on month 2 and hopefully good bye to my baby belly x my little girl is nearly 6 months old so feel it's the right time to do insanity I'm hanging around the 10 stone 9.13 mark eating healthy apart from Saturdays when I eat what I like and have wine!!!!

I do the same as you - good all week and don't worry too much on Saturday. I'm 43 and have 2 children and my tummy was my problem area. My profile pic is me after Insanity - there was a huge improvement, but it all happened in the 2nd month! Good luck and keep pushing play :happy:
  • shaxmath
    shaxmath Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Congrats, your endurance is building up! I used to feel like that when I started workout videos and I couldn't keep up for the life of me and kept pausing, going back to see the moves, trying the motions and then pushing play and doing it. The one good thing that came out of that is that I probably burnt a few more calories just trying to grasp the moves. As for keeping up with the workout guys, I just remind myself that this is a competition between me and myself although whenever I can match them or do a few more reps than them, I'll definitely feel on top of the world. You just have to keep pushing every time you work out and you'll get better and nothing beats that feeling! :love:
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    That Rocks - congrats!
  • simsburyjet
    simsburyjet Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Glad you stuck with it.. They offer it at my gym 3x a week. My HR gets up to 170 but averages about 150 for the 38 minutes.
  • nicoleisback
    Options
    Wow, great work! I can't even get through the first 10 minutes of T25 doing the moves as they do them on the video.
  • JChiarizio
    Options
    Great job!! Just stick with it. You may not see the progress on the scale at first but it WILL come!! Did you take your measurements at the beginning? If not, take them NOW. You'll see progress in inches lost before you will see weight loss!!!
  • ness12346
    Options
    Incredible! Definitely not a failure at all! (but you should know that for even trying Insanity, silly!)

I had a moment yesterday when I felt a little breakthrough. Made it through the entire Warm-Up without having to stop once, and pretty damn close to keeping up the speed of those crazy people! (Yep, I think the warm-up is an intense mini workout!). I'm nearing the end of Week 2

Again, great job :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! We must have started on the same day and I feel the same way! It's pretty amazing how quickly we can whip ourselves into shape when we are consistent and put all we have into our workouts.
  • Khushi22
    Khushi22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

My profile pic is me after Insanity - there was a huge improvement, but it all happened in the 2nd month!
    [/quote]

Thank you for the 2nd-month-is-where-magic-happens assurance!! I just started my month2 yesterday! max cardio circuit: i was soo scared, but ended up staying at it & burned 609calories.
    If you please don't mind sharing, how was your progress month 1 vs. month 2.
    I'm little disappointed, I've lost only 3-5lbs in month1. I did not measure my inchs, but I might have lost few. Nothing significant.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!