Just when I thought I was a failure at Insanity!

Options

Replies

• Khushi22
    Khushi22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks!

My HR got higher than it has been in recent weeks (it used to get up to 198 though) to 187, but I had a good average of 167.

It's still even, 15 minutes later over 100.

so proud of you!! Keep at it. I just started my month 2 yesterday. I was so scared, but I did it.
    My heart-rate monitor stopped temporary.. i told myself (continue, you are not getting a heart attack)... LOL so i did.
    month 1.. i've never gone beyond 400-420calories.. max cardio circut - BOOM - 609 calories!!!!!!! :):)
  • MadBabysMama
    MadBabysMama Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    :wink: awesome NSV. congrats and keep up the great work!!
  • vijayadi
    vijayadi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Grat job :bigsmile:
  • tabithajoyy
    tabithajoyy Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    Spectacular!!!! "Change happens outside of your comfort zone"
  • LouLouLemons
    Options
    Wow, great work! I can't even get through the first 10 minutes of T25 doing the moves as they do them on the video.

I'm on day 5 of the Alpha Phase of T25. I totally feel you, it's SO hard and I feel a bit discouraged. I'm going to keep at it. I know I will get better each week. I also figure one bad work out beats sitting on the couch doing nothing :smile:

Thank you for your post and keep up the great work!
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Wow, I go to sleep for a few hours and wake up to all this motivational support!

Thanks everyone!

I noticed I started to gain endurance when I did T25 with my fiance....I was able to keep up, and do the entire workout with out a break!! It gave me some new confidence in Insanity. I don't do the full thing with her anymore I don't want to burn out, but I'll do the modified at half-speed or so, just so we are doing something together. I'll burn about an extra 200 calories there, but my HR doesn't get above 150 for the most part.

Today is Plyometric Cardio Circuit, so we'll see what happens here tonight! I'm kind of excited for it...even more so because of the way my schedule is....it's almost like I have two days off even though it's one! LOL
  • mangojh2
    mangojh2 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Yay! So happy for you! I'm sort of in the same boat with T25. I feel like I'll never make it. I'm still in week 1.
    1124k Posts: 1
    Options
    That's so great!!! I'm proud!!????
  • joehempel
    Options
    Thanks both of you!!
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel a little better. I just started insanity, Monday will be two weeks, and I absolutely hate it.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Hate as in a "I hate it, no, wait, come back to me Insanity, I love you" kind of way? LOL
  • sassyjae21
    sassyjae21 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Lol no, as in I just hate it lol. I'm just not good at it. I'm trying to give it my all though. I never pause the video, but there are some moves I really struggle with, and of course, I take more breaks than the people in the videos lol. And 45 minutes is a long time to be doing that kind of stuff lol. But I'm determined to stick with it. For now lol:laugh:
  • julieferg7
    julieferg7 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I just completed my 2nd week of T25 alpha and love it! I still do mostly the modifications, but more and more I am able to do the higher impact parts in bits and pieces. So far I've lost between 9 and 10 lbs.
  • joehempel
    Options
    Haha! I hear ya. I love it, but if you hate it, hopefully you'll grow to love it LOL. That way you won't get burnt out on it!

Great job with the T25 julieferg7, I did cardio at half speed modified with my fiance today so I didn't ruin myself for Insanity in a few more hours!
  • joehempel
    Options
    Well, to keep on pace, today, just to sort of re-iterate what's been happening was a success. I wasn't feeling all that great, and just overall tired, but lasted longer on Plyometric Cardio Circuit than I've ever lasted.

I went 23 minutes without having to take a mini break and then get back into it.

That being said, I was wiped at the end, my shoulders and legs are absolutely destroyed with the last circuit's level 1 drills, ski abs, and in and outs.

One more week, then recovery.....I'm going to enjoy this rest day...a lot!
  • michelleraebaker
    michelleraebaker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Way to kill your workout!! You're a beast! I just love hearing these Ahhhh Hahh! moments because I always look like a drunk monkey in the beginning and at the end I always kill it. Best feeling ever!!! I am currently do The Asylum! PS: You Rock!
  • joehempel
    Options
    How's Asylum?? I'm thinking of grabbing the deluxe package about 2 weeks into the final month.
  • j0705
    j0705 Posts: 185
    Options
    well done! im so gutted i had to stop doing it and have to take it sloooooooow , i would have been into my last 2 weeks now.
  • Guamybear
    Guamybear Posts: 1,061 Member
    Options
    It took me a week before I could get pass the warm up without break.. I loved the seeing how much I improved each day.. Keep it up. and keep the I can do it mentality, you're gonna need it for month 2...
  • dianasustaita37
    dianasustaita37 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    woo whoo... :) Great job.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!